Page 1 of 1
Posted: 08 Dec 2011, 16:23
Kenny
Hi guys, I recently wanted to download Phoenix R3 from the original website but I had to find out that the link is dead...

actually it has been for some time now (I believe 3 months or even more) and I also asked back then for a reupload but apparently my request was never heard of.

so I'm also asking here now as I believe that some of you downloaded it and still got it on their harddrive.

if yes, please put a link here or pm me, thx ;)

Posted: 08 Dec 2011, 19:26
miromiro
You must register on RRR and be their slave to get it.

Posted: 08 Dec 2011, 19:59
urnemanden
The author of Phoenix R3 has put a time limit on all releases and you need a code key. That way it is not possible to get Phoenix R3 from anyone but the original author.

However, I don't understand why you would want Phoenix R3. WolfR4 alone does everything Phoenix R3 does and when with the next update arrives this will also be the case for Re-Volt 1.2. :)

Posted: 08 Dec 2011, 20:19
Kenny
You must register on RRR and be their slave to get it.
I know I already did that :lol:
but the download link that is posted there is dead (404 error). so I'm asking here if anyone still has the file(s) and if yes please upload them.
The author of Phoenix R3 has put a time limit on all releases and you need a code key. That way it is not possible to get Phoenix R3 from anyone but the original author.
well its probably not possible to start it without the activation key but still I would like to have the files.
However, I don't understand why you would want Phoenix R3. WolfR4 alone does everything Phoenix R3 does and when with the next update arrives this will also be the case for Re-Volt 1.2. smile.gif
isnt there also an advanced track editor included in phoenix r3? at least I can remeber reading that you can make advanced custom tracks with it...
but if there is not any real advantage of that tool at all (especially with the coming patches for revolt) then I guess its not that important to have...

Posted: 08 Dec 2011, 20:58
urnemanden
I personally see no advantages of using Phoenix R3 over tools like WolfR4 or patch 1.2. Phoenix R3 introduced the "Full Custom" (I suppose this is what you mean by advanced editor) term that made it possible for track makers to use custom sound effects, skymap and objects - but that advantage dissapeared with the release of WolfR4 long time ago. Other specific features that WolfR4 or patch 1.2 doesn't have yet is either replaced by something else or very minor.

You are of course to have a look at the features list of Phoenix R3 on The Re-Volt Wiki and judge by yourself. As a previous user of Phoenix R3 I can say that I'm not missing much though. :)

If there is any features you think make Phoenix R3 interesting for you, feel free to mention them here. Someone here might be able to give an explanation to why it hasn't been implemented yet in 1.2/wolfr4 if you want to know. :)

Posted: 08 Dec 2011, 21:25
Kenny
ah I guess I understood something wrong then. so it seems that there is really no need to have it at all, good ;)

I went again thorugh the features list and found two kind of interesting things:
- The Internal MP3 player of the game is again enabled and working
- Automatic track finder on demand

but I since this is already planned an in the todo list of the ReVolt patches it doesnt really matter

Posted: 08 Dec 2011, 21:55
urnemanden
The internal MP3 player is also enabled too in both WolfR4 and Re-Volt 1.2 As for the automatic track finder, that's one of the features that Wolf and Re-Volt 1.2 lacks. It is probably already on the to-do list of 1.2 though, at least as far as I remember. :) It won't happen in the near future though..

Posted: 08 Dec 2011, 23:30
nero
Phoenix R3 - A virus in disguise.