Page 1 of 1
Posted: 15 Feb 2006, 00:13
piN
Hi All,

First off, I have been away for to long now and need to get a bit of ReVolt going to bring be back to earth, I got adicted to a MMOLRPG and have not been the same since (I still play, but like any adiction you have to work on it) :)

I read that people are intrested in making extreme tracks but are not sure on how to do it, cant use max etc so let me fire this one at you all.

We have enough regulars here who are very good at one thing or other, MM for AI cleansing and M&M for cars Hil for glue to name but a few.

Now I am not in a position to write a tut on max or track making as there is some good info out there but I think it might be fun to do a project together using one of the track kits out there, as this would cover a ton of stuff that you would need to know to make a cool EX track.

I would be happy to get the ball rolling with a basic surface and document it here on this site, then we can put some objects in using the RV editor, we can then lay a path down with pos nodes etc untill we are finished. Now i realise that this could get very complicated but if we aim not to create the ultimate track but a working track that uses the basics of EX making then people can use this as a starting block for there own projects and if the MM, Skitch, Hil M&M Burnruber all chip in with there skills who knows what will come of it!!! Plus it would spread the load on people who might not have as much time to wright the wholw project.

Also (This will water MM off ;) ) how about a set of repaints on cars for the world cup?? I did one for euro 2 years ago that was easy.

Have a look at http://www.revoltonline.co.uk for my Unit 51 track which was made using one of the kits (also my cars)

So what do you think???

Josh - piN

Posted: 15 Feb 2006, 06:47
Manmountain
piN @ Feb 14 2006, 07:43 PM wrote:Also (This will water MM off ;) ) how about a set of repaints on cars for the world cup?? I did one for euro 2 years ago that was easy.

So what do you think???
<_< Hmm!!

Euro repaints indeed... huh! what ever next ?

lol :lol:

Your idea is one of the oldest ongoing projects that has yet to be fully realised.
There are a few joint projects that have sprung up over the past few years, but usually only between two people. There are a couple of tracks that have more than two joint authors names, but the track is usually only ever editing by one person, the others are usually beta testers that have made good reports and suggestions.

For this kind of project to really work, we need an easy access file bank, where everyone can can access and deposit bits and pieces that they think would be relevant to the track development.
I'm sure everyone has saved over or deleted a track or file that you wish you hadn't.
The bank would have to have some kind none erasure or writeover protocol to leave all deposits as they were origonally created.
This kind of thing could either produce a real work of art or several different visions of the same basic layout. Either way it would be cool.

Beleive me, I am 100% with you or with anyone on this type of project. ;)

Posted: 15 Feb 2006, 14:37
piN
I guessed this was an old idea, but I think it might be worth while. Not so much for creating a downloadable track that people will want to race but a very simple track that uses the core basics so those who want to progress to EX tracks will have a better idea on how to do it, also to show that you dont have to use max to create a track.

I have shed loads of web space for file storage and might put somthing together this weekend if people thik its worth it.

Posted: 15 Feb 2006, 17:38
piN
MM,

Do you have the link to the dirt track pack (or any others for that matter) I have the warehouse one.

Josh

Posted: 15 Feb 2006, 23:02
Manmountain
Hi Josh,

I don't have a link to specif kits, as yet.
But I do have several kits and prm packages on my hard drive.
So I am going to uplaod them to my RV site and link the page here.

.....I'll be right back....

Posted: 15 Feb 2006, 23:59
piN
Nice one, you can mail then to me if thats easer. I will upload to my space as well.

I have given this a lot of thought today and am looking forward to giving it a go.

I will start tonight, but will proberly post after I have tried a few things out. Im a bit rusty with some of the required skills and need to adjust my head from being a druid :)

Posted: 16 Feb 2006, 00:01
piN
When I post I use the track section of the forum, right? or do we start a new one called Extreme Track Basics? or somthing

Posted: 16 Feb 2006, 00:04
Manmountain
If it's a track specific topic then yes, use the track section.

Here you go : Kit's and Prm's for Track Editing.

I hope this helps, at least a little bit. :P

Posted: 16 Feb 2006, 00:54
piN
Thanks,

Ok I will get to work with some basics and post ASAP

Posted: 16 Feb 2006, 20:39
piN
What are people using to rename levels on XP these days?

Toolbox wont work for me anymore.

Josh

Posted: 17 Feb 2006, 05:15
Manmountain
Try this : RVEET ReVolt Extreme Editing Tool.
I don't know if it will work on XP. :unsure:

Posted: 21 Feb 2006, 01:13
piN
Ok I have sorted out the basics of a extreme track tut and before I spend hours puting it together I would like some feedback.

My plan is to post on this forum a step by step guide with files etc and over a few days/weeks providing enough information to put together a track using one of 3 track kits. There will be no 3D Max skills required and it will touch a few applications like glue and other such tools.

By posting in a step by step format we can ask questions or provide tips on each part of the process as we go in posts to that thread.

I am happy willing and able (all be it a tad rusty) to do it and as we go along the other regulars can contribute as well. As its a ongoing project the presure to finish is reduced etc.

What do we think?

Josh - piN