Page 1 of 1
Posted: 12 Feb 2006, 08:42
Manmountain
Hi all :)
I have a track that I would appreciate feedback on.
Download here : Test-GP-Beta

Please read the included Readme file for instructions. :unsure:

Thank you all for you time. ;)

Posted: 17 Feb 2006, 22:20
Steven
I think it's not the best but not badest track. I think there aren't many straights

Posted: 17 Feb 2006, 22:53
Manmountain
Does anybody read the readme's ? :rolleyes:

I would like people to say exactly how the implemented shortcuts effect the track and race flow, and whether they helped save time ?
Also, is the overall race flow challenging and reasonably smooth. If not, then please state which bits are not quite right IYO, and how they could be improved.
What is your best Toyeca lap and 4 lap race ?

Just remember, the track AI has not been edited except to add the shortcut routes, so please don't look at this track from an AI challenge as yet, just from a personal challenge.

Thanks.

Posted: 18 Feb 2006, 00:50
FireBlade_2049
I normally don't like lego tracks (I made waaaay too many before I knew how to install cars/tracks) but this one kicks bottom. The swichbacks at the start slow the race, but the rest of the race is fun and fast. The shortcut that I found (the jump onto the top of the tunnel) saved me 3 or 4 seconds. What's the theme gonna be? It reminds me of a mine or mountain. I got 1:10:023 in zool's old 67 Camero Rod. I couldn't get a 4 lap time because every time the race time reaches 1:38:000 it resets to 0:00:000. :ph43r: :ph43r:

Posted: 18 Feb 2006, 06:20
Manmountain
Thanks for the input FireBlade_2049, you seem to be the only one who hasn't totally disliked the swichbacks/180' corners.
But the general opinion is they are not liked. :(
But you hit the nail on the head, they are there to slow/change the rythm of the race.

The more input I recieve the more the track will develope.

Thanks.

Posted: 18 Feb 2006, 09:38
FireBlade_2049
If you wanted to speed up the 180's, you could use the MAKEITGOOD editor to insert the things that push you in a direction so that they push you around the turn. (or you could put them after the big jump to give you more air) :ph43r: :D :ph43r:

Posted: 18 Feb 2006, 19:20
Manmountain
You mean Farce Fields, but then you wouldn't be using your own driving skill.
Farce fields should really only be used for visual effects or to cause physical obsticles in the race flow to slow the cars, not to give the cars an advantage.

Thats why I used the square corners on the exit of the 180's so wall riders would not gain an advantage.

If your unsure what I mean by Wall Riders, I mean the racers who use the walls to navigate around a track rather than actually steering. If the track has enough smooth corners they need not steer at all, just put the pedal to the metal and hope that friction don't slow them down too much.