Page 1 of 1
Posted: 07 Sep 2011, 19:13
jigebren
I was the happy owner of a Mitsubishi 2070SB (a 22" CRT screen), but this one is unforunately slowy dying. I'll probably neither be able to fix it nor can I afford a new screen soon. Hmm, not to mention I'm not really happy to switch from a good 4:3 format to 16:9 (which seems to be practically the only choice now). :(

I can still use it but it's blinking so much with such an irritating little noise that it makes any work very uncomfortable, and well, I'm afraid it can collapse at any time (maybe the day I'll hit it too hard - to calm my nerves only as it doesn't improve anything...).

Anyway, it's just to tell that I'm likely to be less present in the coming days/weeks, and if I can't answer PM or emails, you'll know why...

Posted: 08 Sep 2011, 01:55
Dave-o-rama
:(
Well... I hope you can get your monitor fixed soon!

Posted: 08 Sep 2011, 09:46
Wint
I'm sorry to hear that. Consider buying used, locally. I have.
You may find something useful yet very inexpensive.
Sometimes you can find locals on craigslist giving their old stuff away.

Posted: 08 Sep 2011, 23:31
Skarma
Old monitors are ftw! I've owned my current monitor, a Sony CPD-E400P for about 6 or 7 years now. I bought it for just a measly 99 great british pennies and it still holds up extremely well. Does generate quite a bit of heat though. I'd recommend one of the older (and bigger) monitors.