Page 1 of 1
Posted: 12 Aug 2011, 14:26
MarvTheM
The 1.2 patch makes it possible to play Re-Volt in Wine. Older versions were playable, but the loading times were almost as long as in the Playstation version and many other issues made it a bad experience. Since Wine is available for Macintosh as well, it is not very hard to get Re-Volt running. To make it even easier, I made a ready to launch version available on Re-Volt Frontend. It includes the most used custom tracks, the missing Dreamcast cars and even the original soundtrack thanks to the mp3 capability of Re-Volt 1.2. I ported Re-Volt for Mac with 'Wineskin', which allows you to create standalone applications containing Windows programs. There are no limitations to what you can do. It works just as good as the PC version. Exept for the only bug known: The spru.bmp won't be displayed. It even supports Xbox 360 controllers.

Re-Volt for Mac will always be updated as soon a new 1.2 alpha has been released. Due to 'real live' some releases may be skipped. If you are experiencing any problems, feel free to report bugs you found in the Re-Volt Frontend Forum, you don't even have to register to do so. The previous versions will be kept online and still be available to download.

To add custom content to Re-Volt, right click the Re-Volt app, show it's contents and go to drive_c/Programme/Acclaim Entertainment/Re-Volt/ or use the Alias' instead and add everything as you usually would do.
(my text from Re-Volt wiki)

Re-Volt and RV House for Mac are available here:
http://revolt.wikia.com/wiki/Re-Volt_(Mac_OS_X)

Happy Re-Volting,
Marv

Posted: 12 Aug 2011, 19:57
Citywalker
Marvellous!
(sorry for the pun, but I'm serious, this is great work!)

Posted: 13 Aug 2011, 01:36
MarvTheM
I never realized 'marvellous' :D
Glad you like it

Posted: 15 Aug 2011, 03:33
Crone94
Works like a charm, with the exception of the mentioned spru.bmp (:

It's kinda funny the amount of time i've spent messing around trying to get it running on mac, then i just download this, click the icon, and bang, works nicely.

Only problem i have is that it doesn't allow me to alt+tab/cmd+tab out of the game, you have to manually exit it every time, which is a bit of a nuisance.

Also i just tried a quick multiplayer race, and it works if you just join by IP.

Thanks a lot and great work! (;

Posted: 15 Aug 2011, 13:57
MarvTheM
Thank you for the feedback (:
I'm glad there is actually someone I don't know who uses Re-Volt for Mac.
I hope I'll find a solution to minimize the game. Once I got it, but the Mac UI was still in front of Re-Volt which makes everything lag.
BTW I'm updating the wrapper to the newest 1.2 alpha right now (:

Posted: 16 Aug 2011, 02:22
MarvTheM
(Consider this post as a bump)
I packaged Re-Volt and Re-Volt House into one wrapper and put the track packs in it. It's fully working! You should't miss anything. It works just like the PC one.
outdated
Have fun playing Re-Volt online on mac!

Posted: 03 Apr 2013, 23:10
MarvTheM
Wow, this is outdated. I just updated the link. You can download it on the Wiki now.

Posted: 17 Jun 2013, 22:10
Phantom
Does Re-Volt for Mac require ports too? Does it use DirectPlay protocol? Did you include Build D (which is required now to play online) in the last compilation?

There are a few guys trying to play online from Mac OS X and having problems so I need some info about what have they got in their hands in order to help them. They have 13.0308.

Thanks.