Page 1 of 1
Posted: 07 Aug 2011, 23:45
Dreedo
Ok, so this sounds like an odd question, but it peaked my interest anyway.

All the files are there for the frontend for it to be drivable (i think). But despite fiddling with some files and making it so the frontend has all the same files as the other tracks, it still wouldn't show up in the track selection, pretty much what i expected anyway.

I was just wondering if it's possible to make it happen, guess mainly for novelty value.

On another note, it could be used to create a new menu system for re-volt 1.2, but probably best to keep the old one. :D

Thanks.

Posted: 08 Aug 2011, 00:12
VaiDuX461
"Frontend to be driveable" is actually posible, but It's only available at dev mode, to turn it on, you need create or edit re-volt shortcut. Just add " -dev" word at shortcut in target, then you be able to select all tracks from all modes, even battle tag tracks in single race.
Dev mode is only available on v1.2.
BTW It's not recommended to play with dev mode regulary and dev mode means developer (if you don't know).

When racing at frontend you should start at weird position, also you can't complete a lap, still ai is trying to do it.

[Fun Fact:] If you start frontend at practise mode you should start on table (same place as three clockworks on options).

Posted: 08 Aug 2011, 00:49
Dreedo
Ah thanks, maybe I'll try it sometime lol.

Posted: 08 Aug 2011, 17:40
Skarma
Or if you have 1207, download WolfR4 and find the option that says somthing like "All tracks avaliable for every mode".

Posted: 08 Aug 2011, 21:37
nero

Posted: 09 Aug 2011, 04:32
zagames
Actually, when working on a custom frontend, I figured out how to drive it.

I made a duplicate of the original frontend folder.
Renamed the folder and all files inside to the new name.
Loaded up RV and played it.

If I remember correctly, the cars constantly reset until you place taz zones. But other than that, the AI cars drive in a neat loop around the place.

Posted: 09 Aug 2011, 04:51
Phantom
That is crazy!!!

But I think I'm gonna check that out too. :P