Page 1 of 1
Posted: 26 Jul 2011, 16:16
VaiDuX461
Save file for those who are lazy to beat the game. You won't need to type CARNIVAL and/or TRACKER cheats anymore.
I still recommend beating the game at least once in your lifetime before using this.

This reg hack will only work on Windows NT OS (2000/Server/XP/Vista/7/8.1). Windows 10 unconfirmed.
There are two files: for 32bit and 64bit version of Windows, due to different registry directory paths used for applications.
Save file will work on all Re-Volt versions: v1.0/v1.1, v1.2 beta/alpha.

Note to RVGL users: Registry hack does not work on this version. However, you can use it by having v1.2 alpha game version.

Download (Mediafire) | Mirror #1 (Dropbox) | Mirror #2 (RVxtg)

Install instructions
(for RVGL and v1.2 patch owners):
1. Create a completed profile by following instructions below. (1.2 alpha patch is required)
2. Copy your newly created profile from 1.2 alpha version profiles folder to the game directory patched with RVGL.
3. Go to your profile folder in profiles (the folder name is how you named it). Find a file with .ini file extension ("[your profile name].ini") and rename it to "profile.ini". Done.

(for v1.2 patch with profiles support):
1. Open downloaded zip archive, run .reg file (depends on what OS you have, check below) and merge it.
2. Delete all profile folders ("settings.ini" is unnecessary) or move them temporary, so you could put them back. DO NOT delete the whole "Profiles" folder.
3. Open the game and create a new profile. It should automatically fill your progress table.
Remember! If you have earlier profiles, don't create with the exact same name. After quitting the game, you can copy your backup profiles.

(for legacy versions: v1.0, v1.1 and v1.2 beta):
Open the zip archive, run .reg file and click Yes button.

To remove, just reset progress table in the game options menu.

Questions & Answers
[hide=What exactly does this do/unlock?]Everything, as it says in the topic title: "100%". (Read more)
The save file clears/ticks the whole progress table in the game.
Even if it shows that Time Trials are completed, it does not include any user lap records.[/hide]
[hide=Do I have 32bit or 64bit OS?]
(Instructions may vary, depending on your local OS language and Windows version)
- You can find your OS version by right mouse clicking at "Computer" or "My Computer" icon and choosing properties. It will either say 32 bit or 64 bit under "System type:".
- Or if your computer has more than 4GB of RAM, it is most likely that you own a 64 bit OS.
- Third option is to check for "Program Files (x86)" folder alongside "Program Files" in your system disk partition (usually C:\). If it's there, then you have 64 bit.[/hide]
[hide=Why not just include a profile folder as a download for RVGL and v1.2a?]
A new download will probably be included for an easier solution.
But keep in mind, you wouldn't be able to change a profile name. Renaming folder name and an .ini file, will not work.
By using my instructions above, you can name your profile however you want when you start the game.[/hide]
[hide=I have a GOG version of the game.]
It's 1.2B, use legacy version instructions. Unless your game was updated with the alpha patch, then "profile support" instructions.[/hide]---
[hide=Default game registry directory path? (For advanced users)]
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Acclaim\Re-Volt\1.0 (64 bit)
and
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Acclaim\Re-Volt\1.0 (32 bit)

(Some users reported having different directories, hence why my reg file didn't work)
[/hide]
Have problems? Post them here.

[Update7]: Added RVGL instructions for v1.2 alpha patch owners. More download links.

Posted: 26 Jul 2011, 20:03
Phantom
Thankyou. I'm sure that some people will find it helpful.
Lots of lazy dudes don't want to complete the game so this pretty much solves the problem for them.

Btw, it won't work under 64-bit systems because the Registry key needed to make the save file is different:

Code: Select all

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Acclaim\Re-Volt\1.0
[/b]
Good contribution anyways. ;)

Posted: 26 Jul 2011, 23:28
VaiDuX461
Phantom @ Jul 26 2011, 05:33 PM wrote:It won't work under 64-bit systems because the Registry key needed to make the save file is different:

Code: Select all

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Acclaim\Re-Volt\1.0
[/b]
Good contribution anyways. ;)
Thanks, I updated zip file for 64bit systems, read first post to download ;).

I also redesigned my first post to understand easier B).

Posted: 27 Jul 2011, 00:45
Phantom
Well done! ^_^

Posted: 10 Aug 2011, 12:52
Citywalker
Thanks!

Posted: 19 Jul 2012, 18:23
VaiDuX461
Sorry for bump :rolleyes:, but save now should work on new v1.2 builds with profile support.

Posted: 30 Dec 2012, 19:23
Platform
I Can Only Rv Cheat (Without Re-Volt 1.2) Delete Platform From Profile Data Then Unlock All Track And Cars Then Clockwork Carnage :D

Posted: 30 Dec 2012, 23:38
Phantom
Platform @ Dec 30 2012, 10:53 AM wrote: Delete Platform From...
Where do I sign?

Posted: 02 Jan 2013, 10:40
Abc
this doesn't work properly, i had to open 1207/1.1 after injecting, vaid, you also need to ship .level files from profile (i had to recreate profile to have it all)

Posted: 02 Jan 2013, 15:05
VaiDuX461
Abc @ Jan 2 2013, 07:10 AM wrote:this doesn't work properly, i had to open 1207/1.1 after injecting, vaid, you also need to ship .level files from profile (i had to recreate profile to have it all)
It works for me without .level files. v1.2 checks for registry first if no profile is created, so it should work if you have removed all profiles. Game gives registry save progress for first created profile, other created profiles will have nothing completed. Anyway, try to use admin or sth, Windows 8... never tried.

Posted: 02 Jan 2013, 19:22
Abc
Getting 100% is a pain, cuz we need to create profile again, can't you just ship .levels of stock tracks? These files make game complete in 1.2

Posted: 02 Jan 2013, 21:43
VaiDuX461
Abc @ Jan 2 2013, 03:52 PM wrote:Can't you just ship .levels of stock tracks?
No, because these files will work only on correctly named profile. For example, i give profile which is named "Cheaterass" and you copy all .levels files from that profile to yours - "Abc", WON'T work. So, complete game and copy to safe place.