Page 1 of 1
Posted: 14 Jul 2011, 09:48
Aeon
Add a classification for each car to list its rating: rookie, amateur, semi-pro, pro, etc... Then we can search through the find the classification of car that we're looking for. It also lends a little more importance to the car's parameters, and not just its look.

And while we're at it, as per the other thread, lets include "new params" along with repaints, conversions and originals, so we can submit existing cars with modified parameters as long as its acceptable in the readme and credit is given for the original.

And yes I realize that a bazillion existing cars will lack the rating classification. Maybe some admin/volunteer with lots of free time and go through and rate them.

Posted: 14 Jul 2011, 19:12
Citywalker
These are very good suggestions!

Posted: 14 Jul 2011, 19:48
nero
What about carpacks?

Posted: 14 Jul 2011, 19:57
miromiro
Carpacks = more cars in one zip file.

Posted: 14 Jul 2011, 20:04
Phantom
The classification per-rating will improve the searching system. It's a lot of work to do but an excellent idea.

Posted: 14 Jul 2011, 21:35
nero
miromiro @ Jul 14 2011, 03:27 PM wrote: Carpacks = more cars in one zip file.
Thank you captain obvious. It seems you misread my question.

Posted: 14 Jul 2011, 21:57
Citywalker
About carpacks: additional category: "multiple".
(brought to you by your neighbourhood's official Captain Duh! :D)

Posted: 14 Jul 2011, 22:09
nero
Multiple, various... what if all are Pros? :P

I say that in this case, it should list the classes all cars in the pack are in; not specifially.
Let's take Cat Mimi for example: pro, rookie.

Posted: 15 Jul 2011, 06:29
Aeon
If it contains multiple cars and they're all pro, rate it as pro. If they're not all pro, rate it as multiple, or various, etc... Not that hard.

Posted: 15 Jul 2011, 09:08
zagames
It wouldn't be too difficult to obtain this information. But what about car authors who choose the wrong class #? Yes, it could be fixed by the car mods, but that would take time...

Posted: 15 Jul 2011, 09:08
zipperrulez
Vote for yes, ill talk to zach.

edit: he posted right on top of me, seems he beat me to it this time...

Posted: 15 Jul 2011, 10:19
Aeon
zagames @ Jul 14 2011, 07:38 PM wrote: that would take time...
Most everything does. That's no reason not to do it.

Unless it just plain doesn't matter that much.

Posted: 15 Jul 2011, 12:19
Citywalker
If the car author chose the wrong class, then he made a mistake and will be bashed... I mean, reminded of his mistake :) in the comments. Then the admin can step in and edit the RVZT class marking.

And it matters. This should be done.

Edit:
And Nero's proposal of "rookie, pro" is better than "multiple": it's more informative.

Posted: 16 Jul 2011, 01:42
zagames
I think we'll just stick to rookie, amateur, advanced, semi-pro, and pro for now. Maybe an 'unknown' for authors who can't stay within the 1-5 range.

On a side note, what do you guys think about track lengths? KDL wrote a script to find this info directly from the track file, but until recently, I wasn't very concerned with it. Good idea or not?

Posted: 16 Jul 2011, 08:59
zagames
I am proud to announce that the car ratings have been implemented into the new RVZT. and thanks to kaythefalcon, all cars in the database (with correct .zip files) have been classified by rating on the new RVZT.

Posted: 16 Jul 2011, 12:08
zipperrulez
I'd agree with the race length suggestion.
The suggestion Aeon gave works great. Thumbs up to you good sir.

Posted: 19 Jul 2011, 06:37
Aeon
Yay! Although I have no idea what/when/where "the new RVZT" is.

Posted: 20 Jul 2011, 08:52
zagames
The new RVZT (RVZ) will take over within the next few weeks. ;) Several major changes cometh....

Posted: 20 Jul 2011, 19:07
ElvenAvenger
Will the new site have a rating system for cars similar to tracks? So we could rate the visuals, parameters of the car or sth like that?

Posted: 21 Jul 2011, 04:44
zagames
Yes, you can grade cars too.