Page 1 of 1
Posted: 09 Jul 2011, 09:52
Citywalker
I don’t know if this is supposed to be so or not, but when I play with any car of Pro class, in a race with 12 cars, then during the track loading screen I get the message “Can’t load model” with a weird symbol, and then several of the starting grid positions are empty. Sometimes I’m in a race with just 3 cars, sometimes even alone. Why is that?

Btw, I’m not on Boontygames version, this one installs into Acclaim\ReVolt (ver. 1207, that is).

And it has been always so. Initially even the secret star pickup didn’t work, it just crashed the game whenever someone was using it when I was racing with a Pro car, even without any custom cars installed. I don’t know about that now, I haven’t used pickups for a while, but that bug(?) of Pro class empty starting places still happens. I’ve edited my cars down one class and everything works fine this way, but I don’t think it’s supposed to be like that.

Oh, I'm on WinXP, SP3, notebook, full screen.

Posted: 09 Jul 2011, 18:50
RaydenX
There is something wrong for sure but I don't think that's a Re-Volt bug because I've never seen such a situation myself. I think that your copy of the game may be damaged.

If you aren't using the 1.2 patch then get it from http://rv12.zackattackgames.com/index.php and see if the problem is still there, otherwise try to get Re-Volt from somewhere else.

Posted: 10 Jul 2011, 00:05
Skarma
This happened to me last night except I had no error messages. The game still registered 12 cars in the except one car was missing. It was still visible on the radar but frozen in place. Just like the desynch bug in multi.

Funny thing is this is the first time I've seen this in single race and I'm still using 1207.

Posted: 10 Jul 2011, 00:15
nero
Citywalker wrote: sometimes even alone.

Posted: 10 Jul 2011, 01:33
Huki
The weird symbol after “Can’t load model” should be the name of the model re-volt is trying to load. Can you get the contents of revolt.log found in your temp directory? (type %temp% in address bar). Also check if you can reproduce the bug in v1.2 (latest Alpha build).

Posted: 10 Jul 2011, 09:19
Citywalker
Okay, I think I know what the problem is. I have removed the stocks I don’t need, but the game specifically wants to load stocks for Pro class opponents. In Semi-Pro it’s satisfied with loading customs instead.
So I’m going to continue with the same method I’ve been using: editing all cars down one class. That works for me.

Edit:
Nero, that's a crazy picture... <not sure whether to laugh or cringe at it>

Posted: 13 Jul 2011, 12:55
Skarma
I believe this problem seems to be caused by the car you pick to race with. I just tried with a certain car 3 times in a row on different tracks and the glitch occured all 3 times.