Page 1 of 1
Posted: 24 Jun 2011, 16:05
Dave-o-rama
I conducted a little surface type experiment last night, and the results are here.

Posted: 24 Jun 2011, 19:01
jigebren
Hmm, in fact surface 26 does exist, and should be the same than mat 2 except it emits dust.
But there is no hidden or undocumented materials in Re-Volt binaries. Any value greater than 26 is simply exceeding the material array boundaries, so what you get is only random memory values. Well, not really random, but they make no sense from a material point of view (even if they may bring an usable result).
Be also aware that the empirical results you've observed are not guaranteed to remain the same amongst Re-Volt versions...

Posted: 25 Jun 2011, 00:33
krisss
Nice! Interesting!
I think similar to Jigebren - there sould not be any hidden things in Re-volt, but video is wonderful and useful... :)

Posted: 27 Jun 2011, 09:17
Dave-o-rama
jigebren @ Jun 24 2011, 09:31 AM wrote: (even if they may bring an usable result).
All the stuff past 35 doesn't bring a usable result.
Be also aware that the empirical results you've observed are not guaranteed to remain the same amongst Re-Volt versions...
True... but the stuff I observed was running under the newest version of WolfR4.
I did something like this a long time ago, however, and I only got slightly different results... (just more crashes) and it was on a 1207 patched version of Re-Volt on a piece-of-crap computer...

EDIT: I wrote down those results, but I don't have them right now...

So, I just did a video for surfaces 35 to 56... along with some other stuff... HERE