Page 1 of 1
Posted: 21 Jun 2011, 18:34
Skitch2
Hey guys.
I can understand the boxes part of the tool but after reading and reading the docs at no point does it say where and with what to write the list with???
"Listfiles are ASCll text files, which enlist the names of your boxesto be used to generate your vizboxes" yea ok so i make the boxes in max to cover what i want them to cover and each box i create has a name or number (i think thats right so far)
Then i can remove all of my track data leaving just the cam and cube named boxes.
Export the boxes to ase into my track folder? <dunno if that right lol now thats as far as i can grasp lol. where does the text file come into play????? god dam i am frustraited lol
If anyone knows the right way to do this it would realy help!!
Mike....

Posted: 21 Jun 2011, 21:03
Huki
After a quick look in the doc, I think it works this way:

1) You make the boxes in max to cover what you want them to cover.
2) Give each box a name in max, like cambox01, cambox02, and so on.. and cubebox01, cubebox02, and so on (it doesn't really have to be sequental, you can name them anything you want).
3) You don't have to remove the track data, just export to ase.
4) Open notepad and type in each object's name line-by-line in this format:
cambox01 : cubebox01
cambox02 : cubebox02
cambox03 : cubebox03
... and so on. The objects in the first line get vizibox ID 0, objects in second line get ID 01, and so on. There can be multiple objects in the same line separated by spaces, either side of the colon. Save this as a text file (listfile.txt).
5) Use the ase2vis command "ase2vis -f=listfile.txt track.ase"

Hmm, I've never used this tool myself, so I hope I'm not wrong.. :lol: