Page 1 of 1
Posted: 17 Jun 2011, 08:11
jigebren
I'm currently creating AI line for a track using "AI Nodes" edit mode.
I know pressing [LShift + 6] in this mode calls the feature "Create Racing Line From Ghost Car".
I have valid ghost data, when I press [LShift + 6] I get the message above, but then the AI line is not updated...

Does somebody has ever used this feature and know how to proceed?

For info, track zones, POS node and AI Nodes are already set up, roughly but properly, (at least I think).

Posted: 17 Jun 2011, 12:30
nero
First press 6 (not on numlock) then press Shift+6 and confirm.

Posted: 17 Jun 2011, 19:22
jigebren
nero @ Jun 17 2011, 08:00 AM wrote:First press 6 (not on numlock) then press Shift+6 and confirm.
Hmm, I forgot to mention I tried that already.
But still I get no result, or maybe I don't expect to right thing... For me the goal is to move the racing line to follow the Ghost line. But here, nothing happens...
Do I have to save and restart the track, or should the racing line be instantaneously updated?

BTW is there any page somewhere with this feature documented?
For info, I also had trouble with left AI wall automatically appearing when linking nodes, and the only info I found so far about AI walls was how to enable/disable them in the AI nodes key table.

Posted: 17 Jun 2011, 23:36
nero
You have to make AI Nodes, connect them, then race on the track in time trial mode, then 6 and shift+6 and confirm. (if you have track zones and pos nodes done)

Posted: 18 Jun 2011, 03:25
jigebren
Yep, that's exactly what I did, for each point.
I even tried with a stock track (market 2), and I checked both with v1.2 and v1207+WolfR4... same result.
Something probably escapes me.

Do you confirm you have already used it successfully yourself?
And what should exactly be the expected result? I mean, how can I be sure whether it works or not?

EDIT:
Well, I found Urne help page about Ghost path.
In fact the real problem was at first to have the red ghost line displayed. I think I was probably not in F4 mode when I pressed the [6] key... Now I tried again and it works.
Thanks for the help, Nero.

So here is the method:
Note: Track zones, POS nodes and AI Nodes have to be created (and Nodes linked).

- Race the track in time trial to create the ghost.
- Launch the track in "AI Nodes" Edit mode, then:
- press [F4] to enter Edit mode,
- press [6] (not on the numpad) to display the ghost path (red line),
- press [LShift+6] to create Racing Line from Ghost Car.
- [Ctrl+F4] to save the .fan file.

Posted: 18 Jun 2011, 13:59
nero
Jig wrote:Do you confirm you have already used it successfully yourself?
I did it with Asphalt Rally and Ground Smash 2, and other tracks I'm working on...
All in all, I'm glad that it works for you now. :)

Posted: 21 Jun 2011, 14:51
Skitch2
If I used my ghost line for my AI a 4 year old girl driving Candy Pebbles could lap toyeca.
:)