Page 1 of 1
Posted: 29 May 2011, 02:50
kajeuter
Cosmo, Law and me came with the idea, custom packs.

A pack of chosen custom tracks. so there can be races that play a pack.

so for the first pack. which tracks should we include?

Posted: 29 May 2011, 17:07
Cosmo_Kramer
Important thing is that all people who will wanna race will have those tracks from now on (just put in room name "pack1"example)and will not be problems any more.So we should now pick 10 extra great tracks from last 3-4 motnhs.And 1 more thing,its a shame that some very good and qualty tracks are not played beacuse they are old and beacuse of that reason not many people has them or not play them in multplayer.This "pack" thing should change that!
When we pick few packs them we gonna uploaded them every pack in 1 file so when someone needs a particular pack, they can download and play immdietly!

Posted: 01 Jun 2011, 08:56
Phantom
Hello everyone! I really really liked this idea guys.
Custom tracks are so fun, they are not raced very often only because of lack organized packs. So this idea is a good attempt to change this situation.

I suggest something: Divide the packs in "topics", for example: Indoors, Outdoors, Nature, Cities, Rally, etc.

or...

What I like more: in levels of Difficulty (in a similar way that Re-Volt divides the tracks).
So, for example, if we choose the Pack 1, we will be choosing tracks that are easy to drive so even new people can join custom races.

Hope you like this suggestion.

Greetings for you all.

Posted: 01 Jun 2011, 12:50
kajeuter
@Phantom, I like the idea of the diffecult tracks. Should we do 8 or 10 tracks?
I prefer 8

We should make a: Easy, Normal, Hard and Expert track pack.

I know how we can come of a disision.
We make all a small list of 5 tracks u think that are easy,normal,hard and expert.
Tonight Phantom and I will test and rate those tracks with 1-10 points. The tracks with most points will be in it.
We should do the same for the other 3 packs.
So choose for every catagorie 5 tracks.

@Cosmo u can help us if u want, but its at 22:00 tonight.
All other ppl that are interested, u can post here to help us.

Posted: 01 Jun 2011, 16:28
Cosmo_Kramer
phantom i like idea outdoor,indoors & stuff like that but not sure about diffiuculty,for example,i dont know how many people would like to drive all extra hard tracks,one after another,or easy traks,like just goin straight :D

actually,i dont mind what you do,the important thing is thatt we do that packs and put them in 1 folder so if someone wants to race he can download and play immediately

Ouh and...hope you want forget about tracks that were made in beginning,there are some extra good tracks

:cheers:

Posted: 01 Jun 2011, 16:46
kajeuter
I prefer Diffeculties. What do u think phantom?

@cosmo u want to help us?

Posted: 01 Jun 2011, 17:00
Cosmo_Kramer
hmm..dont think its necessary to bug with this and grading tracks,like its science fiction....but if you have time i dont mind :)
i just dont understand how can be fun racing 8 times in a row extra hard tracks like museum1 ...yes revolt has easy medium hard...but its all in 1 pack,it starts with an easy then hard them medium then easy ...its mixed...but again,as i said,i dont mind you two doin that ;)

Posted: 02 Jun 2011, 00:06
Phantom
I'll be honest: Both ideas are good according to the things you guys mentioned (topics idea was the first thing that came to my mind actually).
But I prefer Difficulties because that would open Custom Tracks for everyone in the Easy and Medium Packs, and people with more practice can choose the Hard and Expert Packs (I think these 2 Packs will be played more often in the next months, when people start to practice them, not now).

I need to be very open-minded and respect everyone's opinion if I want this to work, not like what is happening in ReVoltRace these days.

@kajeuter: Yes! 8 sounds like a great number for every Pack because some of the best custom tracks are longer than stocks.
This means we have to choose 32 custom tracks in total! Wonderful! I'm starting to like this more than I thought. :lol:

@Cosmo: I understand what you mean. Mixing the stock tracks in Re-Volt is very fun yea, we have no problem with that because we have skills and we know all the tracks very well.
But try to think how hard this would be for someone that never played custom tracks. :(
That is why I believe this is only good for a small group of people including us, and I was thinking this could be a nice opportuinity to bring more players to the custom tracks races.
And don't worry, there won't be 8 Museums 1 in Expert Pack. :) There are not so many hard tracks fortunately.

Posted: 04 Jun 2011, 04:03
kajeuter
Project quitted.

Reason: Nobody seems to be interested anymore. Im not going to do this on my own.

Posted: 06 Jun 2011, 19:54
kajeuter
Project Revived!!!!

Thanks go to R6TurboExtreme for helping me out. The packs will be ready to download in a few days ^_^

Posted: 07 Jun 2011, 03:43
jigebren
Nice, and good luck with this project.

BTW, just a suggestion as it could fit well with this project. Have you considered creating a custom championship directly instead of a simple pack? For now, it can be done quite easily with WolfR4 and Global custom, and if we eventually implement custom championship in v1.2, it should be easy to port the custom.ini file to the new format used by v1.2...

Posted: 07 Jun 2011, 10:07
Phantom
Not yet, but it's a nice idea! Thankyou jig.

I really wish that Custom Championships can be implemented in v1.2, as we are all 1.2 lovers here. :)

We also increased the number of tracks included in each Pack because of the amount of Good Tracks that can be found all around the web.

Posted: 07 Jun 2011, 20:05
Cosmo_Kramer
jigebren i like your idea very much,dunno what 1.2 developers think about that,we should ask :)

Think we should continue with this packs and after some time when we see which tracks revolt drivers perfer the most,then they could implement a couple of extra high quality tracks :)
My idea was that just few people pick track they like the most,and we make a simple pack or two,didnt wanna do that testing of lots of tracks that cause its too much work and dunno how 2 people can make decisios on behalf of other people which tracks are the best.But i dont mind that if kaj and r6 do that,no problem with me...like kaj said,i just wanna race and i hate when we do cutums,4 people have the track and and the fifth guy doesnt have it :D

and i was thinking,if some day they put some tracks in it,why not make some cars too.
Im not talking about that stupid cars that goes 250 km/h ,im talkin about some cars that are not faster then toyeca&humma.Dont remember when we did a race on stocks with some good custom cars :)
Wonder if Huki can make in some custum cars that 'cheat' thing dissapear and only 'cheat' thing appear if someone is messing with parametars.

Ouh and,if you gonna do that packs,it would be good to open new topic with just 1 post nad no chatting there.That post will be full pack download and link to specific track download (if someboday misses only 1 or 2 tracks) :)

Posted: 07 Jun 2011, 20:11
kajeuter
Cosmo_Kramer @ Jun 7 2011, 03:35 PM wrote: jigebren i like your idea very much,dunno what 1.2 developers think about that,we should ask :)

Think we should continue with this packs and  after some time when we see which tracks revolt drivers perfer the most,then they could implement a couple of extra high quality tracks :)
My idea was that just few people pick track they like the most,and we make a simple pack or two,didnt wanna do that testing of lots of tracks that cause its too much work and dunno how  2 people can make decisios on behalf of other people which tracks are the best.But i dont mind that if kaj and r6 do that,no problem with me...like kaj said,i just wanna race and i hate when we do cutums,4 people have the track and and the fifth guy doesnt have it :D

and i was thinking,if some day they put some tracks in it,why not make some cars too.
Im not talking about that stupid cars that goes 250 km/h ,im talkin about some cars that are not faster then toyeca&humma.Dont remember when we did a race on stocks with some good custm cars :)
Wonder if Huki can make in some custum cars that 'cheat' thing dissapear and only 'cheat' thing appear if someone is messing with parametars.

Ouh and,if you gonna do that packs,it would be good to open new topic with just 1 post.That post will be full pack download and link to specific track download (if someboday misses only 1 or 2 tracks) :)
Yeah cosmo,

The packs are almost ready, and will be uploaded tonight and we can test them out. IF udont like a track, we can always change some tracks. Also the car idea is already on the move, R6 made a topic of it here on ORP, u should check that out.

Posted: 07 Jun 2011, 20:16
Cosmo_Kramer
maybe we should ask can we upload packs on revolt forum,its faster to download :cheers:

Posted: 07 Jun 2011, 20:16
GWC
Kajeuter and Phantom - please take your differences elsewhere.

Any further off topic posts like this may well earn you reprisals. Meanwhile I have deleted the offending posts.

Geoff

Posted: 07 Jun 2011, 20:19
kajeuter
Cosmo_Kramer @ Jun 7 2011, 03:46 PM wrote: maybe we should ask can we upload packs on revolt forum,its faster to download :cheers:
@GWC Sorry!

@Cosmo I think we could do that. I make a new topic of it soon and also do that on RVL.

Posted: 08 Jun 2011, 03:22
jigebren
Hm, if you don't wan't to get feedback / chat in the "Finished Custom Track Packs" topic, you should add a clear statement about it.
And at least a list of the included tracks would be nice...

Posted: 08 Jun 2011, 12:50
kajeuter
jigebren @ Jun 7 2011, 10:52 PM wrote: Hm, if you don't wan't to get feedback / chat in the "Finished Custom Track Packs" topic, you should add a clear statement about it.
And at least a list of the included tracks would be nice...
Both done. thanks for your advice!

Posted: 08 Jun 2011, 22:56
nero
The track packs have been thought out well indeed.
Hopefully they'll be used more often online.

Posted: 09 Jun 2011, 18:11
kajeuter
Yes Nero, but like I said before on RVL, we need to switch Artic Air with UrbInDust, cuz artec air is really hard track.