Page 1 of 1
Posted: 26 May 2011, 04:33
bustosjr1
Hello everybody,

First of all, congratulations, this forum is great! Sorry for posting here, but I didnt know where to post, because I cant in online subforum.

Now my problem... When I entry to a created room, and the admin runs the game, I see Revolt icon in the task bar, but Revolt is not visible opening, and after some time (about 30 seconds), the following error appears:

"Can't connect to lobby error"

Yes, I read about ports, but my ports are opened correctly:

TCP: 2301,47624
UDP: 2300-2400

I also tried with WolfR4, Win 98 compatibility mode... but I am desperate... I am using XP SP3, but I have the same problem in Windows 7. I downloaded Revolt from "RevoltRace" web, wich include patch 1207.

Thank you very much!

Posted: 26 May 2011, 13:04
kajeuter
bustosjr1 @ May 26 2011, 12:03 AM wrote: Hello everybody,

First of all, congratulations, this forum is great! Sorry for posting here, but I didnt know where to post, because I cant in online subforum.

Now my problem... When I entry to a created room, and the admin runs the game, I see Revolt icon in the task bar, but Revolt is not visible opening, and after some time (about 30 seconds), the following error appears:

"Can't connect to lobby error"

Yes, I read about ports, but my ports are opened correctly:

TCP: 2301,47624
UDP: 2300-2400

I also tried with WolfR4, Win 98 compatibility mode... but I am desperate... I am using XP SP3, but I have the same problem in Windows 7. I downloaded Revolt from "RevoltRace" web, wich include patch 1207.

Thank you very much!
yo busto,

ur ports are not right.
do this:

2300-2400 TCP/UDP(both)
47624-47624 TCP

also, download revolt update 1.2:
http://rv12.zackattackgames.com/downloa ... 1.0510.zip

u can throw away wolf.
I recommand u to play revolt on Windows XP.

greetz,

kajeuter

Posted: 26 May 2011, 13:34
Citywalker
[offtopic/]There are features in WolfR4 that are not in RV 1.2 <_< So be careful what you thow away...[offtopic]

Posted: 26 May 2011, 15:07
urnemanden
Kajeuter is right on the ports there, you should try them out. But whether you play on Windows 7 or Windows XP shouldn't essentially matter nor does it matter whether you use WolfR4 or Re-Volt 1.2. However, I believe 1.2 does online racing better (due to the extra features) while WolfR4 appeals a lot more to those who prefer offline racing, car- & track making.

If you still can't play, come onto RV House and I'm sure there will be people who is willing to help you. :)