Page 1 of 1
Posted: 11 Apr 2011, 03:56
tfazzone
Hi guys,

I wrote to Urnemanden, and he told me to post in this forum about my contribution to the community.

I was the webmaster for Re-Volt Headquarters (www.revolthq.com, long gone now!) from 1999-2000. We had a great site, and during my tenure on the site I created the car and track installer known as RHQ Car Manager, which see is still being used in the community. A couple of years ago, I was interested in providing the source code to everyone so that it could be properly modified and upgraded, but I had thought I lost it.. until a couple days ago :D

So here's the original source code, as of beta 3, in Visual Basic 6 (yeah... it's that old). I'm not sure that there's opportunity to upgrade what I have, but bugs could be fixed, and the source may be helpful to refactor the app into a more recent environment. It is provided AS-IS with no guarantee that it will build correctly, so please let me know if you think the community would find it useful... Please seed this as I will probably move / delete it in the future.

http://fazzone.com/revolt/RHQ.Car.Manager.Source.zip (17MB)

I also have the original tracks and cars from the website, for some of you fanatics, that I could provide if there is interest.

Regards,

Tony Fazzone
Former Webmaster, Re-Volt Headquarters

Posted: 11 Apr 2011, 18:18
GWC
Hi Tony,

It's good to see you still around.

Just before RHQ finally disappeared, Antimorph managed to dld all the cars and tracks. They were intended to go to the, then, new RVA site, but,after it changed hands a couple of times, the grandiose schemes for the site were dropped and they went nowhere.

Later, RVZT took the tracks and they should still all be available, but the cars, until now, have been lost.

So, it would be great if a new home could be found for the cars - and it wouldn't hurt to have the tracks available, all together, again.

Who wants to host them?

Geoff

Posted: 11 Apr 2011, 20:47
arto
Nice to see you!

There might be a couple old RHQ tracks missing from RVZT that would be nice additions. I'll have a look soon.

Posted: 11 Apr 2011, 22:59
KDL
hello, I'm KDL and I'm a VB.NET (used to be VB6) programmer. and I've created Car::Load (link to the topic here). I've known RHQ Car manager for a long time, it's a masterpiece that should be always remembered :).

I was wondering if I can have your permission so I can upgrade [to .NET] then bundle RHQ car Manager with Car::Load so it would form : RHQ Car Manager::Reloaded?. Of course credits will be mentioned.

to note: currently I can't work on any project because of my studies, that's why it has a lot of bugs

in case of refusal then I don't mind :)
to Urnemanden wrote: I still have in mind about the track organizer, still I can't find time to finish any of the projects (senior year here). my apologies.
best regards

Posted: 12 Apr 2011, 13:51
Cosmo_Kramer
tfazzone @ Apr 10 2011, 11:26 PM wrote:
I also have the original tracks and cars from the website, for some of you fanatics, that I could provide if there is interest.

now what makes you think we are fanatics

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruAkAVeh4lE

:D

and may i say,oooh revolt developer....this is almoust like meeting jesus!

p.s. was always wonderin are revolt developers good in this game

Posted: 15 Apr 2011, 04:43
tfazzone
KDL @ Apr 11 2011, 06:29 PM wrote:hello, I'm KDL and I'm a VB.NET (used to be VB6) programmer. and I've created Car::Load (link to the topic here). I've known RHQ Car manager for a long time, it's a masterpiece that should be always remembered :).

I was wondering if I can have your permission so I can upgrade [to .NET] then bundle RHQ car Manager with Car::Load so it would form : RHQ Car Manager::Reloaded?. Of course credits will be mentioned.

to note: currently I can't work on any project because of my studies, that's why it has a lot of bugs

in case of refusal then I don't mind :)
to Urnemanden wrote: I still have in mind about the track organizer, still I can't find time to finish any of the projects (senior year here). my apologies.
best regards
Hey KDL,

Yes, you are free to upgrade and do whatever you want with the code... I'm releasing it to the public domain :lol: I haven't seen Car::Load, will need to reload my environment and take a look at it.

It's great to see some oldtimers still around... just goes to show you how awesome this game still is.

-Tony

Posted: 30 Jun 2011, 06:39
PartzMan
tfazzone and other old-time re-volt players:

A lot of you will not remember me, but I was the 2nd admin of RVG back in the days when no one knew how to create or save custom tracks.

Have been gone a long time, but am back playing Re-Volt

PartzMan