Page 1 of 1
Posted: 02 Feb 2006, 09:41
biokemyst
Hello,
I have been playing Revolt for a couple of years and really enjoy it. A year or so ago, I upgraded to an Nvidia Geforce2 ti. No matter which drivers I use (currently the most recent), Re-volt doesn't run correctly. Parts of the game are just "missing". Patches of the ground are gone and I can see the sky beneath it. Some walls are not drawn. This happens no matter what resolution, color depth, detail level, and with or without v-sync activated. The game runs on other systems with different video cards. I tried a glide wrapper and that didn't help either. Any suggestions on how I can play this great game again?

Posted: 04 Feb 2006, 01:10
arto
Hi,

I used to have GeForce Ti card and RV worked fine with it. Maybe you should try installing newer drivers and/or re-installing Re-Volt?

Posted: 04 Feb 2006, 02:59
biokemyst
HI. Which drivers are you using? I have tried several versions and am currently using the 78.96 drivers. These appear to be the latest can recognize this card.
I'm very glade to hear that you can run this game!
Thanks!

Posted: 04 Feb 2006, 03:26
Manmountain
Hi and welcome to Our ReVolt Pub :)

Which version of windows are you using ?
Do you have any other games on your system that you might have set specific graphical settings in your Graphics card setup ?
Do you have the latest DirectX installed ?

Posted: 05 Feb 2006, 21:45
arto
biokemyst @ Feb 3 2006, 10:29 PM wrote: HI. Which drivers are you using? I have tried several versions and am currently using the 78.96 drivers. These appear to be the latest can recognize this card.
I'm very glade to hear that you can run this game!
Thanks!
Unfortunately it's some years ago that I had that card so I don't remember the driver version. I nowadays have GeForce 6600GT card.

So if you're using the latest available drivers I'm afraid I do not know what you could do to have it fixed :(.

Posted: 06 Feb 2006, 21:42
biokemyst
I'm running windows xp sp2 with all the latest updates. Directx 9. Also, I looked at my drivers and they are 71.96 forceware. I tried to install the newest drivers from nvidia's website. When installing those, they state that there is no recognizable hardware and exits. So, the 71.96 drivers are the most recent drivers I can run. This is the only game I have currently installed on my machine that uses any 3d graphics. The rest are jut silly little windows games. I suppose I'll have to break down and get another video card. <_<

Thanks for welcoming me! I really enjoy re-volt and look forward to trying some new cars and tracks! :lol:

Posted: 09 Feb 2006, 17:05
BurnRubr
Try the Version: 71.89 drivers.
As these are the last that I can find on the Nvidia website that supports
the GeForce2 Ti.
I could not find the 71.96 drivers at Nvidia.

Posted: 21 Feb 2006, 21:01
biokemyst
Howdy.

My mistake. I do have the 71.89 drivers. Still no dice. Thanks for all the help. Guess I'll give up on this for now.

Posted: 21 Feb 2006, 23:54
piN
Hi,

I was having all sorts of problems with World of Warcraft (3D game) on my new system and I turned off hyperthreading in the cmos set up and that solved the problem on wow but importantly ReVolt was running much better than before. Its a long shot but woth a try I guess.

Josh - piN

Posted: 30 Jan 2007, 04:22
Manmountain
I have had to change my graphics/video card, as it did a sort of Matrix thing on me and would not allow Windows to initialise in normal mode.
I had : 128 Mb Nvidia Geforce 4 Ti 4400
I now have : 128 Mb Nvidia Geforce FX 5200

My problem/issue is that I decided to download and install the latest drives for this card and my OS (Win ME :( ), latest compatible version is 81.96 Dated 21/02/06, after installation a decided to run Re-Volt to see any differences, but as soon as RV tried to load I got a DING! "Failed to load Z Buffer" then exit.

I have no idea what this meant so I went through my older versions of Geforce Graphics drivers, the list as follows :
66.42 dated 24/02/05
61.67 dated 20/11/04
56.64 dated 02/04/04
53.04 dated 17/11/03

All except the last produced the same error as above.
Can anyone tell me what that problem is and whether it is fixable or is it possibly due to my OS ? Am I doomed to use old video drivers just to run Re-Volt ?

Thanks for any help. :)

Posted: 30 Jan 2007, 11:01
re-volt hustler
LOL :P , ManMountain get the 81.98 forceware dl at the nvidia site(I have the same graphics card and OS). Mines work perfectly, and sometimes its bests to turn off antialiasing.
I hope that helps! :D

Posted: 31 Jan 2007, 04:14
rcbandit56
I have a nVIDIA e-GeForce 6200 so it's not like I can relate. But it's surprising, I was able to run this on a computer that a graphics card that was hardly better than cardboard. I don't see why it's not working. Do something like what Manmountain did, start working from the most recent drivers and go to the oldest, and use which ever one works first. It's that or you're gonna have to find another graphics card. I got mine at The Source for &#036;50-60, but there were some around 40 and some around 70 or 80, so you can definitely find one that'll fit your budget. And if it doesn't work? Go back there and complain until they fix it. :P

Posted: 31 Jan 2007, 23:41
Manmountain
re&#045;volt hustler @ Jan 30 2007, 06:31 AM wrote:...sometimes its bests to turn off antialiasing.
So does antialiasing related to the Z Buffer ?
What does that error mean ?

Posted: 01 Feb 2007, 09:38
re-volt hustler
Well I dont know to much about zbuffers, but antialiasing sometimes messes up backgrounds,screensavers and lighting in games. Zbuffers deals with the textures in the game,but with the forceware I told you about should deal with that. B)