Page 1 of 1
Posted: 05 Apr 2011, 14:40
synasthesia
Anyone seen this newspost?

TORONTO — February 23, 2011 — Toronto-based publisher Throwback Entertainment Inc. today announced that the company has completed the sale of Re-Volt™ to Seoul-based publisher We Go Interactive Co., Ltd.

The acqusition covers Throwback's interest in Re-Volt, RC Revenge Pro and RC De Go. All titles were originally published by Acclaim Entertainment. "I am happy to announce the sale of Re-Volt to We Go Interactive." said Thomas Maduri, chief executive officer of Throwback Entertainment.

Headquartered in Toronto, Canada, Throwback Entertainment Inc. develops, creates and publishes immersive entertainment media content and interactive entertainment. The executive management team is comprised of industry veterans from Warner Bros. Animation, Capcom, Activision, Universal, Commodore, and Midway. Collectively the team has overseen productions that have won 25 Emmy Awards and 29 Emmy nominations, and created, managed and produced blockbuster video game franchises generating more than $12 billion in revenue. In 2006, Throwback acquired 158 titles from the Acclaim library that sold 200 million units in over 35 countries and generated more than $3.5 billion in revenue.

We Go Interactive:

We provide original branded new video gaming cosoles,accessories and gaming products belong to the famous brands Nintendo,Sony and Microsoft.Our best selling products are Wii console, Ds Lite, Wii Fit,XBOX360,etc. We have gaming products from all the major platforms such as PlayStation 2, Sony PSP, Nintendo DS / DS Lite, GameBoy, Xbox 360, as well as PlayStation 3 (PS3).

Read More

Company Profile
More
Company Name: WeGo Interactive Co., Ltd
Country/Territory: Korea
Business Type: Trading Company
Registration Date: 2010/09/04 (Year/Month/Date)
Buyer / Seller in EC21: Seller
Keyword VIDEO GAME, VIDEO GAME CONSOLE, ACCESSORIES WII, DS LITE, XBOX360

Posted: 05 Apr 2011, 14:56
urnemanden
aah, yes I read that on the wiki a few months ago but thank you very much for posting this, it revealed a lot more details.

I am positive about the sale of Re-Volt even though the future might be covered in fog. It might mean a Re-Volt 2 (which I'm not hoping) or it might mean that this accessory company/publisher will try re-sell Re-Volt along with their main products. We Go Interactive doesn't seem to have a website so who knows what they are up for.

I hope this means a smaller chance of getting future copyright issues with the Re-Volt 1.2 update though we haven't seen anything like that so far. :)

link to original press release.

Posted: 05 Apr 2011, 18:30
KDL
Hoping it's 'We go Interactive' and not 'We Go Inactive'!

well that's a great news :)

Posted: 05 Apr 2011, 20:02
Cat
synasthesia @ Apr 5 2011, 06:10 AM wrote:The acqusition covers Throwback's interest in Re-Volt, RC Revenge Pro and RC De Go.
I hope it only covers the European and North American releases by Acclaim, because the original release (Japanese) is from Taito Corporation (if you tought that RC de GO! is an Acclaim-made alternative to RV you were wrong, Taito developed this game).

Posted: 06 Apr 2011, 13:44
synasthesia
been searching some more, but it seems We Go Interactive is more of a reseller than a developer of some sort

i find a lot of customized Wii's and Wii accesories on the internet for sale from We Go Interactive

Posted: 21 Jun 2012, 00:08
Kenny
urnemanden @ Apr 5 2011, 10:26 AM wrote: We Go Interactive doesn't seem to have a website so who knows what they are up for.
Sorry if I revive this topic here but you might want to know that We Go Interactive indeed has a website -> http://www.wegoi.com/
I already searched around there (had to register) but couldn't find any trace of Re-Volt or other Acclaim games whatsoever.

However I didn't try to contact them yet so if anyone has some time to contact them feel free to do so.
I also uploaded the contact information details in case you dont want to register for viewing them ;) ->