Page 1 of 1
Posted: 02 Mar 2011, 07:24
L551
Hey everyone. Just signed up here. I can't believe my favorite racing game when I was a kid is still kicking! I lost my old PSX copy, and haven't played since. I was so happy to figure out that the 1.2 project existed.

Now, I'm out of the loop for playing, so if anyone could offer tips on the following (Not online playing as of yet), it would be appreciated. Please no flaming an old noob.

1) I seem to spin out a lot more than I remember. A simple tap on any object seems to make me go spinning in circles. Makes it hard to win races.

2) Getting out of last place. This seems to be a big problem for me, on the platinum cup. I can never get into first, or rarely the top 3 places. (Damn that Toyeca!) This goes hand in hand with spinning out a lot.

3) Getting the stars. I am trying to unlock all the cars, so I need to get them. I cannot get the one in museum1. It's above the shell-thing, and I have to speed through the room with the lasers to have a chance at it. I can't seem to make it. Using Adeon. Same for the Supermarket2 one. Can't quite seem to make it up.

4) Music. One of the things I remember from the old PSX game was the soundtrack. However, it seems to be missing from this one, kind of leaving it bland sounding. How do I go about getting the music working? Do I HAVE to go buy a PC disc from amazon or ebay? Or is there another way?

Posted: 02 Mar 2011, 13:29
synasthesia
Hey, i have the same, signed up after a few years of no re-volt

1) i find it quite hard sometimes too, just practice some more and you'll be a fine (worked for me :))
2) i first unlocked toyeca :) and then used that for platinum cup
3) i unlocked panga by winning all single race and used that one for the stars
4) last official patch has no music afaik don't how furter, need to look into that too

Good luck getting all cars, stars etc B)

Posted: 02 Mar 2011, 13:49
urnemanden
Hi L551, a warm welcome from me. :)

1) I own both the PSX and the PC version of Re-Volt, and I also find the PSX version less "responsive" to my turns compared to the PC version, so I understand why it seems harder to win in the PC version than in the PSX version.

2) What car do you use to try win the Platinium cup? You probably have to stick with using Adeon even though it's a semi-pro car. Or get all stars in practice mode and win Toyeca (though that is likely not possible with Semi-pro cars).

3) Supermarket 1 and Museum 1 is probably the hardest tracks to get the practice stars on. You need a speedy car, so Cougar will most likely do it for ya. Pole Poz could be an option too, but I am not sure it's fast enough.

4) True, you need a Re-Volt CD in order to play music in Re-Volt 1.2. Later there will be support for mp3 music, but I would still recommend you to get a CD for the sake of awesomeness! :P

I hope you could use my answers to anything. If you feel like, you can come by RV House and chat (6-10 PM GMT) or at #revolt-chat on AustNet. Good luck with the platinium cup! :)

Posted: 02 Mar 2011, 15:09
L551
1) Yeah, I noticed. I HATE when I get utterly screwed by the AI. Oil slick, shocked, etc all in a few seconds.

2) Yes, I am using the Adeon. I can do well enough on supermarket and the cruise ship, but Museum can go die in a fire and Ghost Town 2 I always hit the pillars in the tunnel.

3) I actually used the previous posters suggestion and unlocked Panga, then used it to get all the stars. I have not beaten the platinum cup yet, but I also unlocked toyeca for myself.

4) Hmm, so no way to burn the .mp3 or convert them to a certain format, then burn them to a CD so they will play?

Doesn't seem like anyone's on the IRC.

Posted: 02 Mar 2011, 15:29
urnemanden
#revolt-chat is only active a few times the week, while RV House is active daily.

4) It is possible to download a CD Image of the Re-Volt disc which 1.2 then can load the music from, but I can't help you with that.

Good luck with winning the platinium cup, hopefully you'll win Humma and Cougar very soon. :)

Posted: 02 Mar 2011, 16:00
L551
urnemanden @ Mar 2 2011, 10:59 AM wrote: #revolt-chat is only active a few times the week, while RV House is active daily.

4) It is possible to download a CD Image of the Re-Volt disc which 1.2 then can load the music from, but I can't help you with that.

Good luck with winning the platinium cup, hopefully you'll win Humma and Cougar very soon. :)
Hmm.. I'll try that then. I found a couple images, one .iso and one .nrg, I just don't have the credits to download them yet.... soon enough. I miss the soundtrack.

Posted: 02 Mar 2011, 23:19
Huki
Welcome L551.

As of now the only way to play the original soundtrack in re-volt is by using an original CD (or CD image). But later, you will be able to rip/download the 14 original tracks in mp3 format to a directory and 1.2 will use this directory for soundtrack. We will probably release the soundtrack for download too (in 320kbps maybe?).

But this is still just an idea and we don't know when we will be able to finish this. Just for info, there is already a level-based mp3 player in re-volt 1.2 (which can play a single mp3 audio per level).