Page 1 of 1
Posted: 02 Mar 2011, 00:34
Skarma
I know that converting from NFS is somthing pretty much anyone can do these days but only now I'm just getting it and I'm starting to convert cars which im unlikely to release (mainly because I personally wanted them in Re-Volt) but thats not the point. I have a few questions.

So I finished converting my very first ever conversion to Re-Volt and I ran into a problem or two which I am guessing is pretty common. Me being new to converting, I dont even have a clue what I'm doing but never hurts to ask, right?

The first problem I came up agaisnt is the black windows/transparent wheels etc. Either I have the car with wheels and wheel wells but a black window OR a transparent window WITH transparent wheels and/or wheel wells. I know numerous people know how to fix this so can someone teach me how?

The other problem is paramising. I want to do two sets of params for each car (unless otherwise stated.) I can do pro params quite easily but how would I be able to optimise for a lower class? I am thinking more in terms of realistic paramising for lower classes.

Posted: 02 Mar 2011, 13:54
urnemanden
For your first problem, I think this has something to do with the texture. If the windows or wheels is pure black RGB(0 0 0), Re-Volt shows it as transparent. So select the black area and use a brighter color like RGB(1 1 1) instead. What program do you use to edit your textures? I know that this is easily done in Paint.NET. :)

Posted: 03 Mar 2011, 00:51
Cat
Make sure that the wheels and the windows aren't mapped in the same place.

Posted: 08 Mar 2011, 08:08
Adamodell
I know this ain't of much help, but also, with Ryuji cars, watch out with the mirrors/windows- the mirrors and windows are usually mapped to the same thing- when converting I actually remap the windows somewhere else in a dedicated mini-square of pureblack, and I leave the mirrors "visible black". If you need help, I can help, I guess. Depends on how I'm feeling. Also- honestly- while "anyone" can do NFS conversions, I'm baffled by how many suck at it. Work on quality over quantity when doing this, and only release something you think is comparable to people who know what they're doing. No offense.

Posted: 26 Mar 2011, 04:10
Skarma
You must be psychic or somthing because it WAS a Ryuji car I converted. I was thinking you (Adamodell) would be the best to ask for help regarding NFS converts but I had no clue how to contact you. Ah well, I wouldnt mind help but the car in question is "finished" but it has a bug.

Im a little baffled how to use RVSizer too.

Posted: 30 Mar 2011, 22:39
Adamodell
If you can get a hold of TheMeandMe, you might be better off with them- they basically do it like I do, a little different, but pretty similar and I basically got my idea how to do it from one of their tutorials. I think I added you on Messenger or something, so check that. If that didn't work out, I can have you add me, but I have had a new messenger account recently that I only share with people I trust- I don't openly post it, if you get me, my old account had too many people. I can PM that to you, or something, if for some reason you didn't get my add (it's possible- I run WLM 8.5 and always will- and MS might be breaking stuff in clients accidentally by updating the service).

Posted: 12 Apr 2011, 00:27
Skarma
I checked my MSN and I dont seem to have you. (I dont think) If you feel like pm'ing me it, go ahead, I'm fine with it. I think I have the jist of converting by now, the only thing I dont really know yet is UV Mapping and such.