Page 1 of 1
Posted: 10 Feb 2011, 19:37
the_law
Hi it's Law here,
I want to rip a stock track and ultimately import it into blender.

So far I have been able to import the geometry into zmodeler, but I don't know how to deal with textures.

Is it possible to view the map in zmodeler with all the textures in place?

I used the standard rvglue command file:

create flor.prm

editor.w (

tazsplit (

nhood1.taz

default ( off )

0 ( )
)
)

Posted: 10 Feb 2011, 22:07
urnemanden
You can only use one texture in Zmodeler as far as I know so as soon as you've converted the model into a proper format for Blender, you would have to go through the entire process of mapping each polygon to the right texture. I'm not any expert on this area though so I'm not 100% on this. Have you successfully imported the model into Blender from Zmodeler yet?

Posted: 10 Feb 2011, 22:25
the_law
urnemanden @ Feb 10 2011, 05:37 PM wrote:You can only use one texture in Zmodeler as far as I know so as soon as you've converted the model into a proper format for Blender, you would have to go through the entire process of mapping each polygon to the right texture. I'm not any expert on this area though so I'm not 100% on this. Have you successfully imported the model into Blender from Zmodeler yet?
HI, thanks for the reply. I was worried that this would be the case.

Yes I have imported the track into blender with no problems.

RVglue kicked out three files (if I remember correctly). Can you tell me what they are besides the one .prm file?

Posted: 11 Feb 2011, 02:45
the_law
urnemanden @ Feb 10 2011, 05:37 PM wrote:You can only use one texture in Zmodeler as far as I know so as soon as you've converted the model into a proper format for Blender, you would have to go through the entire process of mapping each polygon to the right texture. I'm not any expert on this area though so I'm not 100% on this. Have you successfully imported the model into Blender from Zmodeler yet?
I have decided to skip zmodeler and make an import script for .w files etc into Blender. I've got a hold of rvdump from Alexander Kröller's site, so I should be able to look inside the .w files.

_law

Posted: 12 Feb 2011, 23:31
jigebren
the_law @ Feb 10 2011, 10:15 PM wrote:I have decided to skip zmodeler and make an import script for .w files etc into Blender. I've got a hold of rvdump from Alexander Kröller's site, so I should be able to look inside the .w files.

_law
Do you intend to write it for Blender 2.49 or 2.5x ?

---
And for info, I've already worked on an import plugin for 2.49 (it was before working on WolfR4 and v1.2), and I'm currently playing with 2.56a, but the later is unfortunatly still a bit too unfinished (and before somebody asks, I won't share this plugin as long as it's not finished and usable).

So, I don't know whether you want to be able to import any stock track or just one specific track. In case of a single track, I can probably import it and send you a blend file.

Posted: 13 Feb 2011, 02:54
the_law
jigebren @ Feb 12 2011, 07:01 PM wrote:
the_law @ Feb 10 2011, 10:15 PM wrote:I have decided to skip zmodeler and make an import script for .w files etc into Blender. I've got a hold of rvdump from Alexander Kröller's site, so I should be able to look inside the .w files.

_law
Do you intend to write it for Blender 2.49 or 2.5x ?

---
And for info, I've already worked on an import plugin for 2.49 (it was before working on WolfR4 and v1.2), and I'm currently playing with 2.56a, but the later is unfortunatly still a bit too unfinished (and before somebody asks, I won't share this plugin as long as it's not finished and usable).

So, I don't know whether you want to be able to import any stock track or just one specific track. In case of a single track, I can probably import it and send you a blend file.
I am using 2.49. It would be nice if you would post your script or email it to revoltvsthelaw@gmail.com .