Page 1 of 1
Posted: 06 Jan 2011, 19:05
urnemanden

My throat hurts a lot, so I took a day off and began trying out various things in 1.2 to trace some bugs. One of them is a bug which you probably all have seen before. While the name might differ, I have chosen to call it Nhood1 Rainbows on this topic.

Facts About Nhood1 Rainbows
- The vertex colors changes if a weapon like Battery is used at the location. This does not apply to all vertex colors, but to those of "gradient looking" / those rainbows which is inside a square shadow inserted in MAKEITGOOD Lights mode. Screenshot 1 - Screenshot 2
- Battery totally removes the vertex colors in the area specified above. Polygons is now using a vertex color similar to RGB(255,255,255) (default). Screenshot.
- The vertex colors only change at this zone (approximately 25-40m around where the start point is). .
- The vertex colors that has changed does not affect the car.
- Instances and Objects are not affected. Only the world is.
- The Square Shadows gives a rainbow colored blinking when selected in MAKEITGOOD Lights mode. Screenshot.
- This bug is only visible during Lights and Instances mode. All other modes were tested and Nhood1 showed up totally fine.
- The colors varies each time you restart and is visible to me every time I start Re-Volt in MAKEITGOOD Instances (and Lights) mode.

Tests To Do:
- Other screen resolutions than my native desktop resolution.
- Window mode and other commandlines.
- 1207 and 1.00.
- Changing the start point and see if that affects where the rainbows occur.
- Temporarily deleting the *.lit file.
- Try reproduce the bug under other circumstances (other world files for example).
- Windows 98 Compatibility, 16bit colors.

If you have any questions regarding this bug, any spelling corrections, anything, you're welcome to reply. If anyone could try reproduce this bug on their systems it could also help a lot. In case you're curious, here is my gfx card's settings:

- no anti-aliasing (not supported)
- Anisotropic settings set to application settings. (which is x16 in Re-Volt).

Thanks in advance. :)

Posted: 07 Jan 2011, 01:00
sebr
can you explain how you manage to get it?

Posted: 07 Jan 2011, 01:26
urnemanden
To me, this bug occurs when I enter Nhood1 in MAKEITGOOD Instances mode and MAKEITGOOD Lights mode. Is that the case for you as well?

Posted: 07 Jan 2011, 01:39
Huki
This bug is already known and is listed in the v1.2 to-do list. But thanks for all the additional info urne. It will be helpful when we try to fix it.

Posted: 07 Jan 2011, 02:54
Stingox
The same happend to me in online mode at botanical garden and nhood2. I had te message up [resume - options - quit]. When I pressed the resume button the rainboweffect vanished.