Page 1 of 1
Posted: 12 Nov 2010, 23:56
Cat
Do you enjoy custom cars? or do you prefer the stock ones?

Posted: 13 Nov 2010, 07:02
Aeon
I do 90% of my racing with FutureCars.

I quite frankly don't like most of the stock cars besides the basic open-wheel ones like RC Bandit and Dust Mite, and the Pro cars like AMW and Cougar.

However most of the custom cars are too unbalanced to be good for anything without more work than I feel like investing into them.

Posted: 13 Nov 2010, 20:37
Stingox
I'm a stock car onlyer. stock cars is perfectly balanced for both offline and online competitions.

Posted: 13 Nov 2010, 22:46
Huki
I haven't yet seen any customs as perfect as stocks, so I have to say: stocks. And I would like to race atleast once online with each having a different car. :) Maybe someone would create 6 more unique r/c cars like humma, cougar, amw and toyeca, but different... *sigh*

Posted: 14 Nov 2010, 00:02
urnemanden
I think the stock cars was carefully weighted and designed for Re-Volt hence their names and looks, so that's what I use. When I rarely download custom cars, I usually look for cars that is just as well balanced with the stock cars and cars which parameters isn't perfect (cars with disadvantages).

Posted: 14 Nov 2010, 00:18
Aeon
Someone should make a directory of cars that are balanced with Re-Volt stock cars. I figure if the user and AI times are around the same as those of the stock cars of the same class, then it can be considered balanced.

Posted: 14 Nov 2010, 01:30
Cat
I'm getting bored of RV. Should i leave car making for this game or teach car makers how RV cars should be?

Posted: 14 Nov 2010, 02:09
Stingox
Maybe it is too compliacted, I don't know. But really instead of making cars, why not make tracks?
Doesn't matter how u do it, but custom cars never look like re-volt cars.

Posted: 14 Nov 2010, 03:34
Huki
You can teach car makers how to make cars... till the current track/car designing system becomes outdated and gets replaced by a new system. Then you can learn the new system and start creating cars afresh ;)

Posted: 14 Nov 2010, 04:38
urnemanden
If leaving car making for this game means that you'll leave the community as well, I would rather see you giving advice to new users or feedback to the car makers at RVZT. :)

What aspects of Re-Volt are you sick of working with? Usually when I work on track projects, doing all the modelling stuff sometimes kills me, but then I start out on doing either textures or drawing more sketches of what I have in mind. I suppose there also is more than one way you can work on cars too?

Posted: 14 Nov 2010, 09:52
Aeon
urnemanden @ Nov 13 2010, 03:08 PM wrote: What aspects of Re-Volt are you sick of working with?
The comments section at RVZT. Building stuff is much more fun than getting feedback on it. :P

Posted: 14 Nov 2010, 10:15
Cat
urnemanden @ Nov 13 2010, 08:08 PM wrote: What aspects of Re-Volt are you sick of working with?
I would like to start making cars for non-RC games (gearshifts, different engine sounds per car*, models shaded by lightning, etc), but first i have to finish my WIPs before leaving them in the dust while working for other games.

*(games where cars can be possibly more customizable)