Page 1 of 1
Posted: 25 Jan 2006, 23:35
human
hey community,
i hope you can help me. i just reinstalled (at least 5 times) gamespy arcade on a pc, but it doesnt wants to load in. after hiting the exe icon a message appares saying: downloading service map, please wait.... and im waiting and waiting and waiting, and task manager shows the program to not responding. i tried ro reinstall, turned off all firewall on the earth but the same. net connection has enough speed, processor is a dual core 2.6, and so on..... im sure theres somebody who faced with this problem at least one time. i have read forums on gamespy and out of gamespy on the net, but nobody seems to know what is the problem, however many people have met this "bug" or "error" or i dont know what it is :)). ok, so please, i would be grateful if you could help me. greetings to the community.
ps. windows firewall is off too, theres no antivirus or antispy software.

Posted: 28 Jan 2006, 00:38
cd090580
Hi had this problem once because my firewall was not configured.

In your case, maybe it's a bug with the dualcore.

You can try disabling one of the core by editing the boot.ini file and duplicate the line "multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS" and add the switch /NUMPROC=1

Maybe it can help

Posted: 29 Jan 2006, 05:14
human
hey cd,
thx for the answer,
temporarily this pc is out of work because of a network rebuilding, and because i didnt have time to configure them, but as soon as it is plugged in again i will check what you suggested. if i remember right theres an option in the right-click menu in the task manager on the dualcore pc which is for setting the priorities of the cores for each running program. i will try this.