Page 1 of 1
Posted: 24 Oct 2010, 04:00
ADX
I'm glad to say this. I've fixed some minor bugs on the rvglue sources and... I got it working on my Mac! I feel happy B)

So, it's going to work in any UNIX based system, and we can refine the old build with our new information on the xbox sources!

What do you think about?

If someone is interested on getting those sources, feel free to contact.

PD: I'm fixing some warnings all around.

EDIT: Also got compiled ase converters and mkmirror. They're all working on my apple laptop! :D

Posted: 24 Oct 2010, 04:20
urnemanden
Hi ADX,

That sounds really great! I'll try it out tomorrow for sure. How long time have you been struggling with it? I hope this might come in handy in the future if not now when Re-Volt at least works somewhat properly with Wine on Linux. :)

Thanks,
Urne

Posted: 24 Oct 2010, 04:31
ADX
I've been around for 2 hours today. I've tried long time ago, but got in a headache :P

Was not so hard to fix... Some problems overriding operators for vectors, and some others on the Makefile, but not that much.

I think it would also be compilable via cygwin (and maybe mingw) on windows!

Posted: 24 Oct 2010, 08:54
zagames
Sweet action! Nice work bud.

Posted: 24 Oct 2010, 14:06
urnemanden
Would you mind if I post a suggestion ADX? :)

Welding Vertexes Through Track Zones
Too many extreme tracks has small hole issues because it's simply impossible to align the track parts from the track kits precise enough so they don't overlap each other or opposite. So if it was possible to create a track zone around the vertex'es and then run RVGlue to weld them, the issues about instances aligning would be almost fixed. It is possible to see the vertexes indirectly with Wireframe mode set to on in DEV Mode.

Posted: 24 Oct 2010, 16:27
ADX
You mean some functionality like "align to grid"?

Posted: 24 Oct 2010, 17:16
urnemanden
In Gmax you can "Weld" two vertices if they are within the welding range defined. Welding really just is placing the vertices at the exactly same coordinates, but this feature could very well be imitated using RV Glue for example with the help from track zones. :)

The final location of the two vertices is the average of where they were before. But this could just as well be defined in RV Glue if needed.

Posted: 24 Oct 2010, 19:13
ADX
Sounds pretty cool. However, I have not so much knowledge on model editing, and also I don't know how painful will be getting inside rvglue's code and editing it :P

But with some help, I'm sure it can be done!