Page 1 of 1
Posted: 05 Sep 2010, 06:55
Iron Bob
I just submitted a new car at RVZT. I hope to see it posted soon. Please let me know what you think of it.

Thanks
Iron Bob

Posted: 05 Sep 2010, 08:08
jaseaka
welcome back

Posted: 05 Sep 2010, 14:16
urnemanden
Neat! Are you using 3ds max for your cars, Bob?

Posted: 05 Sep 2010, 14:25
miromiro
It's been a long time since you posted and longer since you released a car!
Welcome back, and thanks! :)

Posted: 05 Sep 2010, 19:11
Iron Bob
urnemanden @ Sep 5 2010, 03:46 AM wrote: Neat! Are you using 3ds max for your cars, Bob?
No, I use Milkshape 3d to create the models and zmodeler to convert them. I do use 3d max and ase tools sometimes for some effects. Mostly to add reflection effects.

Posted: 07 Sep 2010, 00:04
jigebren
Overall a very, very well done car.

I have some little complaints though (hem, I hope you won't take them bad :rolleyes: ).
- The car is packaged with a lot of unnecessary stuff (bitmaps in the paint folder, etc.).
- IMHO, it's way too nervous/powerfull/going too fast, at a point it's becoming unrealistic. Maybe it's good for an analogic controller (don't know what you're using), but with a digital one, it's a pain.
- Last and least, maybe the car is a little too small compared to the average re-volt cars size. But that could be on purpose, I don't know.

But there is also some very good points:
- The modeling is very well done, one of the best I've ever seen for a user car. Everything is nicely done. The body, the shocks and axles, the wheels, everything. Even the painting, of course.
- It's really looking like a real RC car, not just a real car with an antenna, which is unfortunately not so common for re-volt user cars...

Well, to conclude, this car is so good it gave me the will to try your other creations. But pleaaase lower the engine parameters... ;)

Posted: 08 Sep 2010, 02:11
Iron Bob
jigebren @ Sep 6 2010, 01:34 PM wrote:Overall a very, very well done car.

I have some little complaints though (hem, I hope you won't take them bad :rolleyes: ).
- The car is packaged with a lot of unnecessary stuff (bitmaps in the paint folder, etc.).
- IMHO, it's way too nervous/powerfull/going too fast, at a point it's becoming unrealistic. Maybe it's good for an analogic controller, but with a digital one, it's a pain.
- Last and least, maybe the car is a little too small compared to the average re-volt cars size. But that could be on purpose, I don't know.

But there is also some very good points:
- The modeling is very well done, one of the best I've ever seen for a user car. Everything is nicely done. The body, the shocks and axles, the wheels, everything. Even the painting, of course.
- It's really looking like a real RC car, not just a real car with an antenna, which is unfortunately not so common for re-volt user cars...

Well, to conclude, this car is so good it gave me the will to try your other creations. But pleaaase lower the engine parameters...  ;)
First, no offence taken, I like your honesty. I leave the paint folder in for anyone interested in repainting one of my cars. As far as the speed goes that's just the way I like them (sorry). And I sized it to be like a real 1/18th scale truck.

Thanks for the feedback
Iron Bob

Posted: 17 Nov 2010, 01:03
TheMeandMe
looking good!

funny i thought about cranking something new out just a couple of weeks ago. :)

Posted: 19 Nov 2010, 06:01
Iron Bob
looking good!

funny i thought about cranking something new out just a couple of weeks ago.
Yea, I still have several project cars sitting in my smithy collecting dust. I just need to get the time to finish them.

Posted: 04 Dec 2010, 19:21
r6turboextreme
I would like if you make a 1/10 scale traxxas slash or any shortcourse truck

Posted: 06 Dec 2010, 03:15
Iron Bob
Funny you should mention it, I actually race a short course truck in real R/C, mine is an HPI Blitz ESE. I was thinking about making a set of short course trucks for Revolt. Might be awhile tho, haven't had much computer time lately.

Posted: 11 Dec 2010, 02:20
r6turboextreme
awesome job man, I would like to help with skins :rolleyes:

Posted: 06 Jan 2011, 21:15
jigebren
@Iron Bob
There is a minor bug in the parameters.txt file: the Axle1 model number is missing.
I noticed it during v1.2 development as this car crashed the Debug release, but it's probably unnoticeable with the regular release.

To fix it, go to line 257 and replace:

Code: Select all

AXLE 1 {   &#59; Start Axle
ModelNum   
by:

Code: Select all

AXLE 1 {      &#59; Start Axle
ModelNum        4
I have also posted this info in the car's comment on RVZT. Don't know if you can reupload the fixed car one day...

Posted: 08 Jan 2011, 06:22
Iron Bob
Thanks Jigebren, I hadn't noticed it. I will fix and repost soon.

Posted: 17 Jan 2011, 05:14
Iron Bob
Just as a teaser, here's a pic of what I have so far. Lots to go yet.

Posted: 17 Jan 2011, 05:25
Skarma
Ooh welcome Mr Iron Bob. That mesh looks pretty slick already, Traxxas remake?

Posted: 17 Jan 2011, 10:59
Cat
looks like a Dakar/SODA truck

Posted: 17 Jan 2011, 12:05
urnemanden
Looks good! How many polies so far? Is that vertex colors? :)

Posted: 17 Jan 2011, 21:27
URV
Cat wrote:looks like a Dakar/SODA truck
Soda truck? What kind of soda would it carry? Sprite? Fanta? Dr. Pepper?

--

The mesh looks interesting so far, I believe it may turn out good.

Posted: 17 Jan 2011, 22:08
Cat
UrbanR @ Jan 17 2011, 12:57 PM wrote: Soda truck? What kind of soda would it carry? Sprite? Fanta? Dr. Pepper?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SODA_(series)

Posted: 18 Jan 2011, 01:36
URV
Tell me, should I still expect you to understand jokes?

Posted: 19 Jan 2011, 19:34
Iron Bob
Looks good! How many polies so far? Is that vertex colors?
About 670 polies, not vertex colors just a quick solid color texture map.