Page 1 of 1
Posted: 17 Jul 2010, 14:36
antonius
Hi, I upgraded my OS to windows 7 and run revolt successfully, but now all the screenshot I take are black! I tried several software and the printscrenn/paint combination, disabled antialiasing, aero and visual themes too, but nothing fix this annoying bug!

My graphic card is a nvidia geforce 9500 gt (512 MB ddr2 memory)

can anyone help me?

Thanks a lot

Posted: 17 Jul 2010, 15:04
urnemanden
Got an Nvidia graphics card here as well and I have the bug, when setting anti-alias to anything higher than x2. I also wrote an article about the issue, here. How does your settings inside the Control Panel look like?

Posted: 17 Jul 2010, 16:02
antonius
thanks for help Urnemanden! Now It seems to be fixed, with this settings below:

Before this customization re-volt graphics setting were under global settings:

I just activated antialiasing and put to 2x like you suggested. thanks again!

Posted: 17 Jul 2010, 23:23
Huki
How does anti aliasing solve the problem? I'm confused :unsure:
I have Windows7 + nvidia card. I had run revolt in all possible settings in the past, including no AA, to 16x AA.. such a problem has never occured.

Also, you chose to "enhance the application settings" instead of "override". I don't think the "enhance" setting affects the quality at all. If i run at "enhance AA 16x", it's just the same as without AA. I always choose "override".

Posted: 18 Jul 2010, 00:59
antonius
...I' m confused too, I just tried to change these three values to put AA 2x and the problem just disappeared... but I cant explain "how"... :huh:

Posted: 18 Jul 2010, 01:14
nero
Don't waste your time with Windows 7. Just downgrade to XP.

Posted: 18 Jul 2010, 01:54
Huki
nero @ Jul 18 2010, 01:14 AM wrote: Don't waste your time with Windows 7. Just downgrade to XP.
You have already said this enough times in enough posts. Are you working for some anti-microsoft advertising company? :ph43r:

Posted: 18 Jul 2010, 02:54
nero
7 and Vista has too many problems.

Posted: 18 Jul 2010, 03:04
urnemanden
Huki wrote:How does anti aliasing solve the problem? I'm confused :unsure:
I am not sure that it is the anti-aliasing itself that solves the problem. I actually always thought it was the transperancy and anti-aliasing mode that did it. I think I need to test that further when I get the time. (:

Posted: 27 Aug 2010, 07:56
Abc
that black screen is not much to worry :P it always happens even with aero glass on
and why aero thumbail of revolt is just "nothing"?