Page 1 of 1
Posted: 02 May 2010, 04:29
Freqhog
Hey all, I don't know if anyone remembers me, but I played Re-Volt a loooooong time ago and want to play it again...

I have used RV-House in the past but I have forgotten my password, how can I reset?

And also, because I am running Windows 7, RV-House does not run revolt.exe with the "-sli" command, therefor giving me the error about buffers :(

I tried joining by IP in "multi-player" from in-game, but the game just crashes to windows.

What can I do? I want to play online!

Posted: 02 May 2010, 11:59
Huki
1) you cannot reset your password, so you have to create a new account.
2) To play online with -sli commandline, you have to put the -sli in regstry.
Go to Start-->Run, type regedit. Go to the key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Directplay\Applications\Re-Volt". There you find CommandLine key. Enter -sli there.
You have to do this every time you launch re-volt from rvhouse. (You can export this key if you want).
3) Can you actually play offline in windows7 with the -sli commandline? it doesnt freeze after sometime? O_O

Posted: 02 May 2010, 12:03
arto
Freqhog @ May 1 2010, 11:59 PM wrote: I have used RV-House in the past but I have forgotten my password, how can I reset?
You can't :(.
And also, because I am running Windows 7, RV-House does not run revolt.exe with the "-sli" command, therefor giving me the error about buffers :(

I tried joining by IP in "multi-player" from in-game, but the game just crashes to windows.

What can I do? I want to play online!
See here: http://www.revoltrace.net/help.php#revo ... lti-player

It should apply to Windows 7 as well.

Posted: 02 May 2010, 18:32
zagames
When the new RVZT is available(hopefully within a couple months), users will be able to reset their password. But, you must have provided a correct email address when you registered.

Posted: 02 May 2010, 21:17
Freqhog
Yes I was playing Championship all day yesterday without any problems on Windows 7 after using the -sli command.

Wow that sucks that I can't reset my password. I did use the correct email though, so..

Okay I found the Registry file...it was located a bit differently because of 64 bit. I will share it with you all

"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\DirectPlay\Applications\Re-Volt"

I had to do the same when I added the registry file to unlock all cars/tracks. I had to add the "Wow6432Node" because Windows 7 64 bit has a slightly different path. (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Acclaim\Re-Volt\1.0)

So should I add the -sli command to the registry every time BEFORE I launch RV-House or when it's open, or before I am about to launch re-volt every time?

Thank you for the support guys.

Posted: 02 May 2010, 23:16
Huki
You add -sli to registry everytime before you are about to launch re-volt from rvhouse. Glad it works for you in Win7. I have to dual boot Win7/XP to play re-volt :/

And one more thing.. it crashes when you join by ip from ingame? That's weird. When does it crash? At synchronizing screen?

Posted: 03 May 2010, 00:05
Freqhog
Huki @ May 2 2010, 01:46 PM wrote: You add -sli to registry everytime before you are about to launch re-volt from rvhouse. Glad it works for you in Win7. I have to dual boot Win7/XP to play re-volt :/

And one more thing.. it crashes when you join by ip from ingame? That's weird. When does it crash? At synchronizing screen?
About 3 seconds after I click join game it just brings me to Windows and lets me know revolt.exe has stopped responding. No messages in game...

Posted: 03 May 2010, 03:50
Freqhog
ok so I figured out how to stop it from crashing when typing in IP.

If I turn off Win98 compatibility in Windows 7 (no compatibility) it doesn't crash anymore.

I reset my router to full default settings and now I am able to join RV House races !!!!!! It works perfect now on Windows 7!