Page 1 of 1
Posted: 14 Apr 2010, 22:53
miromiro
Hello all :D

As the title says, here I and maybe other will post discovers about the AI Nodes.
I have made some strange discover last moments and I don't know how to tell you.

So, do it so: Go to AI Nodes edit mode, select one to edit for a test track, and leave the mouse over it. Then press Left Shift + T and see what happens. Don't worry to save, it won't crash. I recommend to use a Lego track with a lot of curves or use TrackLala from RVZT, that's the one I used.

I discovered that it tweaks the AI in a strange mode that has no sense. Also, if you look at the AI Cars, they'll stop driving and go a little reversed. You'll see what I mean when you'll try it out yourself! After this press again Left Shift + T to return the normal AI back.

Can someone tell what the hell is this? If it was discovered until now or not? Can you notice more strange things?

Posted: 14 Apr 2010, 23:25
miromiro
Uhh... for those who maybe won't believe me look at this... <_<

This is what I call perfect tweaking :blink:
Why does it tweak so? Why it has perfect corners? Why? Why? Why? Well, here we'll discover!

Also, here's a new discover... guess yourself what's wrong.

Yeah, if you didn't noticed, the 30 mph slow down line is not yellow! I have no idea how I discovered this because I forgot :banghead:

But it's strange I think.

All these discovers are very strange, in my opinion...

Posted: 14 Apr 2010, 23:51
Huki
custom tracks, custom tracks xD

I'll give you a hint.. straight perpendicular lines doesnt always mean "perfect"
quite the opposite :)

And, i see a yellow line in the second pic...

Posted: 15 Apr 2010, 01:51
rickyd
I dont see the lines in my re-volt.
But the shift+t seems to turn on the A.I. nodes.
If you push shift+r it turns on different nodes.
I dont know what it is for.
There must be lots of stuff left in the game we
dont know about.
Fun to figure it out ;)

Posted: 15 Apr 2010, 17:00
jigebren
As it is know:
[R] reverses Node direction
[T] reverses left / right nodes (red / green nodes)

Well, [shift+R] reverses all Nodes direction, and [shift+T] reverses all Nodes left / right.

Posted: 16 Apr 2010, 02:08
miromiro
*facepalm*

I meant the pink racing line! Why is it tweaked so? What has that to do with the reversed nodes? I know all the things that Jigebren meant.
Dudes, read carefully.

Posted: 16 Apr 2010, 22:16
Huki
Huki @ Apr 14 2010, 07:21 PM wrote: I'll give you a hint.. straight perpendicular lines doesnt always mean "perfect"
quite the opposite :)
miro, did you read that? i guess not

In a stock track like nhood1, there are pink overtake lines as you know. When you press shift + T, revolt reverses all nodes, and also reverses the direction on the lines which already exist (white, pink, etc)

the custom track Tracklala you tried this in, I didnt find any pink lines in that track at all. weew, what a track. I bet the cars will bump into each other if you try to play the track offline.
Since re-volt finds no pink lines to reverse, it creates its own pink lines when you press shift + T. It just connects straight pink lines from node to node, so it looks like straight perpendicular lines.

Posted: 16 Apr 2010, 23:13
urnemanden
...and I am quite sure Re-Volt uses the distance between the red and the green node to calculate where to place that line (it's centered).

Posted: 18 Apr 2010, 22:27
miromiro
urnemanden @ Apr 16 2010, 06:43 PM wrote: ...and I am quite sure Re-Volt uses the distance between the red and the green node to calculate where to place that line (it's centered).
If you use Shift + T is isn't centered. Just take a look at it.

By the way...

The reason why I opened this topic is because I've seen somewhere that it wasn't discovered how to move from 30 the Red Line, Blue Line, Green Line and Yellow Line, am I right?
Maybe how Jigebren discovered the "gimmecredits" and the other cheats, he'll discover the keys to change these Lines.

I will still investigate, maybe I'll discover something...

Posted: 21 Apr 2010, 02:33
Skitch2
Hi All.
Now this may have already have been discussed and I may have missed it but....
If you are in AI mode and you hold your cursor arrow over any node there are 3 keys that do sumthin odd!

Go into the mode and do this..
Hold the cursor over any green node and press the number three on the main keyboard (not num pad)
A shadow will surround the node and it will have a red hue inside it.
Now with the node shadowed and the cursor over the node still, press number two and the node shadow will change to an amber hue! Pressing number one will give a warning sound and Pressin the tab key will clear the current state.
Wots it for????
Thanks..
Mike...

Posted: 21 Apr 2010, 18:46
miromiro
I've seen those too. I've read somewhere on RRR that they're called Ghost Nodes but I can't remember what they are for.

They weren't used in any custom or stock tracks, so I don't think anyone knows what they do.

Posted: 22 Apr 2010, 03:08
jigebren
@Skitch2

About the 1 2 3 Keys in edit AI mode:
It seems to be a mode to help editing the AI line.
For it to work, you have to select 3 following AI nodes that way: hold you cursor over the first AI node, press [1] (main keyboard, not the numpad 1), then select the following node and press 2, and select the last node and press 3.
The 3 nodes must follow each other. If you don't do thing properly, you'll hear the warning sound.

To clear the current selection, it's not the TAB key but the key just above (don't know what it is on QWERTY keyboard, I think it's [`] ).

When it's done, you can modify the AI line with the key [/], [*], [N8] and [N9] (on the numpad).
It's looking like the [4] and [5] (not on the numpad) should also have an effect, something related to curved racing and overtaking lines, but I can't see what...

@miromiro
To be honest, I have not even understood what your question clearly is in this topic.

Posted: 22 Apr 2010, 03:25
miromiro
Jig, can you discover somehow how to change the Racing/Center/Green/Red Line from 30?

Also, doing what you told Skitch2 seem to work...

So should it be?
But what it does? How it helps???
And the [4] and [5] don't work for me...

Posted: 22 Apr 2010, 03:44
miromiro
I've also read somewhere that on Toy World 1 the the Red/Center/Racing/Green Line is 20 not 30!

And look here!!!!
2 overtaking lines using the same AI Node!

Posted: 23 Apr 2010, 02:10
jigebren
Sorry, I can't help more about the AI lines editing. Until now, I have never really used this mode, and I quite don't know what you're talking about (red line, green line, 20, 30, etc.). Maybe one day I could try to deepen the subject, but until that, you could try to find what you're looking for in the source code.

Posted: 23 Apr 2010, 17:24
miromiro
Where can I find this source code? :blink:
I looked for it everywhere...
I know it's something with the Re-Volt Developers, but can you link me to it please?

Posted: 24 Apr 2010, 01:39
jigebren
miromiro @ Apr 23 2010, 12:54 PM wrote:Where can I find this source code?&nbsp; :blink:
I looked for it everywhere...
I know it's something with the Re-Volt Developers, but can you link me to it please?
Well, I can't remember where I have found it. I think the files were hosted on someone's website, but who? Maybe it was Kay's, but I'm really not sure...