Page 1 of 1
Posted: 28 Mar 2010, 02:06
Cat
loading GFX images doesn't work!

Posted: 28 Mar 2010, 16:32
KDL
yes
it can be because the pc is too fast
or it's because bitblt (and other winAPI/GDI calls aren't available any more in win6 (vista) or win7)

I have a vista, and I don't see the first gfx (loadfront) :P

Posted: 28 Mar 2010, 22:51
urnemanden
Well, you'll see the loading screen if you don't use -sli, that's for sure. I don't know if the loading screen dissappear on Xp as well, when using sli, tho.

Posted: 28 Mar 2010, 23:50
jigebren
urnemanden @ Mar 28 2010, 06:21 PM wrote: I don't know if the loading screen dissappear on Xp as well, when using sli, tho.
From memory, I think the loading screen doesn't dissappear on Xp with -sli.

Posted: 03 Apr 2010, 04:01
Cat
Jilgebren, can you solve this for WolfR4 plz?

Posted: 03 Apr 2010, 06:30
jigebren
Nope, it has already been asked in Wolf topic. My opinion is that, if even re-volt devellopers have used the quick and dirty "-sli" trick instead of actually fixing the error in the source code, it means that doing this with a patch, and with my non-existent knowledges about bliting/buffers filpping, would be quite unfeasible.

Moreover I'm not even sure to know what your issue is... There is a lot of images in GFX directory.

Posted: 03 Apr 2010, 07:05
Cat
this happens without -sli too

Posted: 03 Apr 2010, 19:15
jigebren
Cat @ Apr 3 2010, 02:35 AM wrote:this happens without -sli too
What's This?
Ah, ok the Thing...

Posted: 03 Apr 2010, 23:08
Cat
this problem

Posted: 04 Apr 2010, 01:26
zipperrulez
urnemanden @ Mar 28 2010, 06:21 PM wrote: Well, you'll see the loading screen if you don't use -sli, that's for sure. I don't know if the loading screen dissappear on Xp as well, when using sli, tho.
it doesnt. i use -sli on my laptop and for some reason it fixed a gfx bug i was having. :)

Posted: 04 Apr 2010, 01:37
jigebren
Cat @ Apr 3 2010, 06:38 PM wrote:this problem
I know what This was :) . I was just joking because I'm wondering how you can imagine I (or anyone else) can solve a problem with the few information you gave?
Currently we know that:
-you have Windows 7
-something that you call GFX doesn't seems to be loaded by re-volt
That's little. Now I can spend one hours trying to guess all the possibilities described by the given situation. But unfortunately I have not that free time.

So if you want help, give usefull informations about your issue. A minimum would be: your OS, your revolt version, a correct description of the issue.
Of course, by correct, I mean different of "loading GFX images doesn't work!".

Posted: 04 Apr 2010, 04:49
Adamodell
Adam's mandatory whine:
This thread is about a freaking bitmap at game launch, look at all the attention it got.
Yet no one is willing to help with my DirectPlay problem except Jiggy, and my problem is more than not being able "2 see da pwetty culurs at duh beginnin of duh game". This is not being able to play it at all. Might as well save the complaints beyond this, because... people frown upon me when I do. I'll post what I have to post in the other thread.