Page 1 of 1
Posted: 26 Mar 2010, 02:27
jigebren
I can't receive any mail from ORP, neither sent from the board, nor notification from suscribed topics.

When I suscribe to ORP, email notification was working nicely. But I can't remember exactly why, it came to my mind that I can't get Admin mails. So I tried the archive PM function in the control panel and never receive the email. I also tried to send an email to myself using the ORP board, and never get it too.
I asked about it to Manmountain, but we couldn't get the issue solved. It was weeks ago.
I tried to change my email (at yahoo) with the one from my website. It don't solve anything. I don't even receive email notification to Topics I have suscribed.

Of course, I have checked the option in the ORP control board, and my email adress is working properly. I have no automatic spam filters, or stuff like that.

It's not an essential feature, but it's boring and uncomfortable, as if someone tries to send me an email, I have no way to know it.

Does anyone have an idea?

Posted: 26 Mar 2010, 03:13
urnemanden
That is indeed a very weird issue you have, Jigebren. I am always getting my notifications, as well as PM Archives and e-mails from other users. I really don't see where the problem could be, if you are sure that you wrote your e-mail correctly into ORP, but I wish you good luck in solving the problem anyway. If I can do anything to help you, please say so! =)

Posted: 26 Mar 2010, 03:22
miromiro
Maybe you typed wrong your email when you registered.

Posted: 26 Mar 2010, 04:05
jigebren
miromiro @ Mar 25 2010, 10:52 PM wrote: Maybe you typed wrong your email when you registered.
No no. I forgot to said that since the day I have changed my email adress (2010/02/19), I have already receveived 3 (!) notification mails, and 2 PM archive messages (the 2 times I tried, so at least this part is working now).
That's what make this issue so weird. It has worked at least 3 times. And with an interval of 7 days.

And also, I now remember that before I changed my email adress, I sometime got notification emails only several days later (that was another reason why I felt like trying another email adress).

Posted: 01 May 2010, 02:15
jigebren
I'm not sure anybody can still help me with this issue, but there is something new (and weird):

I was surprised lately to receive a mail notifications about the "Improve Jailhouse Rock Fps" topic, when Rickyd answered it, and Urnemanden also, while the last notification I had received about any topic was more than a month ago.
Of course I have checked my setting and suscribtion in my control panel, and I can't see any difference between this topic ant others...

This mail notification issue is still as weird as before.