Page 1 of 1
Posted: 13 Mar 2010, 04:08
MOH
im making another track, ive made a model and in real life is 200 meters long, however ive put it in revolt, and used posnodes to measure it and its near enough 200 metres but the model seems too small, are revolt metres really meters?

how do i get the model to be 200 meters using rv sizer or any other tools?

Posted: 13 Mar 2010, 14:36
miromiro
Yeah, the POS Nodes show the meters. However, maybe your track model is just too small or maybe you used too big cars and it looked small.

Show some images.

Posted: 13 Mar 2010, 17:51
MOH
im saying in revolt it says its 200 metres, but it just doesnt feel like it, and i also used reference pics to match it up with the bmw model from toys in the hood and the model is too small, so somethings not right lmao. ive just scaled it to match the bmw models reference and now it feels right even thought revolt says its about 300 instead of 200 lol

Posted: 13 Mar 2010, 18:13
jigebren
Maybe they (acclaim) didn't use a real scale when designing tracks, models, etc., and that the meter unit in revolt is just to give an overall feeling, but is not an exact scale value.

From your experiment, it appears that there is a factor of ~1.5. So just create your models 1.5x bigger that they would be in real life.
Nobody will take the time to measure if the lenght is really what it seems to be when playing your track ;) .

Posted: 13 Mar 2010, 18:21
miromiro
Ah, then depends of the way you made the POS Nodes.
It always should cut a little the corners. If you make them too outside of the road...

I mean if it's a curve on right and you make them too left of it will be a bigger no. of meters.

Better ask someone to make them for you.

Posted: 13 Mar 2010, 19:39
Dave-o-rama
Re-Volt uses the shortest complete path around the track as its measure for how many metres it is. So, if your track has a shortcut in it, and you fully connected it in the POS nodes, then that will be how RV reads it. If you don't have any shortcuts, then Re-volt's "metres" arent really meters.

Posted: 13 Mar 2010, 23:02
MOH
all i did was have a pos node at each end of the model, and then the track lenght was that, then i halfed it ti get the model length.

and yeah 1.5 is about right which is how i have it now, i know nobody will know about the real length just i wanted to know if it was correct :P

edit ive also encountered this glitch a few times when making tracks, it happens to me quite often and its always in the same exact point of the track

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VBKs3Crmsc

Posted: 14 Mar 2010, 02:07
urnemanden
I've often been wondering how to set the Units in Gmax, Rhino or 3ds max according to how big they are in Re-Volt, actually Radioactive Garden & JungleVolt is just Re-sized to in the end have a proper size (math is just not me on some points).

I've actually never experienced a similar bug to yours, MOH. When you write that it happens when making tracks, I guess it never happened in a normal race on a downloaded custom track?

Posted: 14 Mar 2010, 02:21
MOH
i glued the prm inot the file and then the bug stopped but the camera ducks down as if there is collision data there. i think glue might have writtten an ncp from a prm that isnt there any more but was? maybe, but i dont know

Posted: 14 Mar 2010, 02:29
urnemanden
Try eventually load your track in Instance mode & and save it (Ctrl+F4). If I'm right, Re-Volt will now delete all missing prms you inserted to the desired fin file earlier. I cannot guarantee that it will fix your collision problem, though.