Page 1 of 1
Posted: 27 Feb 2010, 05:09
SkindupTruk
i just noticed the fire and moving head of the dragon in toyrace (only took 10 years!)

anyone got any tips about how the engine makes this work? the .m file i presume?

Posted: 27 Feb 2010, 05:16
zipperrulez
yeah its an animated model, but i have no idea how to edit this thing. i think the movement is stored in the exe itself.
m=prm with a different extension.
also, if you try to add your own model into the models folder revolt wont detect it.

Posted: 27 Feb 2010, 05:22
SkindupTruk
zipperrulez @ Feb 27 2010, 09:46 AM wrote: yeah its an animated model, but i have no idea how to edit this thing. i think the movement is stored in the exe itself.
m=prm with a different extension.
also, if you try to add your own model into the models folder revolt wont detect it.
i looked at the fob file and it is used to put "objects" around the map, like pickups and things like the hose and sprinkler in nhood

these numbers are hardwired into the revolt.exe in that it lists 50 .m files in order and you need to put the right number into the .fob file (in binary of course)

Posted: 27 Feb 2010, 05:41
jigebren
   i just noticed the fire and moving head of the dragon in toyrace (only took 10 years!)

anyone got any tips about how the engine makes this work? the .m file i presume?
There is two file 'dragon2.m' and 'dragon3.m' for the dragon's moving head. The body is in another file (dragon1.m).
I'm quite sure the movement is not in the stored in the exe. I think that there is an interpolation calculated for each frame between the two head meshes during the game.

EDIT: I can add that only position and normals from the second mesh are used. Texturing and property (vertex color, transparency, etc.) are taken from the first mesh, they are not even specified in the second mesh.

Posted: 28 Feb 2010, 03:45
miromiro
Instances and Objects are not the same. You can replace them.

Posted: 29 Aug 2010, 08:55
Abc
i think it's embedded in model