Page 1 of 1
Posted: 29 Dec 2005, 01:40
Ray
I downloaded and used the Carfix and installed a lot of custom cars, but now when starting a race and the computer selects cars controlled by the AI it acts really strange. :o

f.e. I´ve got a lot of custom rookie cars too, but when playing a race as RC Bandit, or whatever, only standard Re-Volt cars show up. Strangely, I can just control the custom AI cars, although they don't get selected then, if I want to play with them myself :huh:

Can you help me? Thanks in advance ;)

Posted: 29 Dec 2005, 22:36
GWC
Look in your custom car folders; open parameters.txt - make sure, in the 2nd section (Stuff Mainly For Front End etc), that 'OBTAIN' and 'RATING' are both 0.

Geoff

Posted: 30 Dec 2005, 00:08
Ray
Obtain and rating are just 0, so that´s not the problem. There are some cars that got selected at first, but not anymore when I installed more custom cars. :o

Posted: 31 Dec 2005, 00:46
Manmountain
The game first selects stock cars then selects custom cars of the same ranking or below to make up the total amount of AI cars, so if you only have 8 AI cars then only the 8 Rookie stock cars will be selected.
In other classes where there are only 4-5 stock cars in that class, then custom cars will make up the rest of the AI field.
I personally only like to race with 12 cars, this provides a better range of AI.

It is only the 'RATING' value that needs to be changed if you wish to place specific cars in a specific class;
0 = Rookie
1 = Amature
2 = Advanced
3 = Semi Pro
4 = Pro

I hope this helps, ;)

Posted: 31 Dec 2005, 01:31
Ray
Well, I actually already knew that ;) And btw, if you have, f.e., 10 custom cars with rating rookie it doesn´t mean that only 4 custom cars are selected. I had a lot of races where not all stock cars of that particular rating participated. :)

And I figured out that my game only selects the first 30 or so custom cars on alphabet. Which also declares why no rookie cars were selected, because that amount of cars were all Pro and one Amateur. And the game fucks up (crashes) too when I have Random Tracks on :huh:

Posted: 01 Jan 2006, 22:24
GWC
Although Carfix allows you to have many (200+?) cars in your cars folder for your use, it is a known fact that it only makes the first 30 or so custom cars input available for cpu use (this is the reason why I have not tried Carfix).

I believe that Antimorph was looking at this problem, but it is sometime now since we have heard from him :(

Geoff

Posted: 02 Jan 2006, 17:30
Ray
k, thanks GWC, that explains it ;)

Posted: 03 Jan 2006, 22:09
TheMeandMe
GWC @ Jan 1 2006, 06:54 PM wrote: Although Carfix allows you to have many (200+?) cars in your cars folder for your use, it is a known fact that it only makes the first 30 or so custom cars input available for cpu use (this is the reason why I have not tried Carfix).

I believe that Antimorph was looking at this problem, but it is sometime now since we have heard from him :(

Geoff
this is indeed true.
amorph and i (well as the tester) were aware of this problem before the carfix was publically released, but amorph (me neither :P) wasn't able to quickly figure out how to fix this, so the carfix was released in order to later fix this problem.

as of now, i havent heard from morph since ages tho, so dont hold your breath til this will be fixed. :(
real life sucks. :P

Posted: 17 Aug 2007, 06:08
Adamodell
That explains why when I pick pro cars all i get are Zools muscle cars as opponents (they all start with model year).

Posted: 17 Aug 2007, 08:52
APM
I don't understand exactly what you were asking, but I do know that activating the Carfix Copter limits what custom cars you can access, but not that the AI can acess I thought? I've never really noticed this.