Page 1 of 1
Posted: 18 Feb 2010, 19:33
MOH
i dont know whether having interiors is a good thing, it means more polies and less texture space. but it looks better :P

your thoughts please? XD

Posted: 18 Feb 2010, 21:12
urnemanden
Well, for me more polies means less chance of ENV applied on the car after modelling. Actually I also prefer a car without interior because it matches the original Re-Volt cars better - of course that's just a detail to do, but I would rather see the polies used to make the car look smoother, than creating a interior. As you point out, you also saves texture space that way.

Posted: 18 Feb 2010, 21:21
jigebren
urnemanden @ Feb 18 2010, 04:42 PM wrote: Well, for me more polies means less chance of ENV applied on the car after modelling.
What do you mean by that?

Posted: 18 Feb 2010, 21:27
MOH
well revolt only applies env to the first 2000 or so polies (if the model is doublesided its only 1000 ish) so if a car is 2000 polies and doublesided only half of the car is shiny, maybe you have the skills to make this possible ;)

heres a screenshot of a 4000 poly car

screenshot

Posted: 18 Feb 2010, 21:28
urnemanden
*Deleted reply*

I hope so too.

Posted: 19 Feb 2010, 08:10
jigebren
I wasn't aware of this bug. It could be good to try to fix it, but it can't do it now. Please fell free to remind it to me in a few day, or to create a topic in the "Development, Projects & Tools" section, as I may forget otherwise.

And that make me think it would be good to have a place where all revolt bugs would be catalogued. Or does it already exist?

Posted: 21 Feb 2010, 15:51
nero
DON'T. DON'T. DON'T.
Interiors in Re-Volt look stupid anyway, that's why i don't do them.

Posted: 24 Feb 2010, 07:54
rickyd
:D I made a new car in max.
It is a 32 ford panel. It is Kinda funky
but it is kinda neat.
No interior no driver no window on the doors.
I will be shipping it to Manmountain soon.
He is very good at the parameters and fixing things.
So look for it some time soon I hope. :D
\CYA

Posted: 24 Feb 2010, 21:04
Manmountain
rickyd @ Feb 24 2010, 03:24 AM wrote: I will be shipping it to Manmountain soon.
He is very good at the parameters and fixing things.
So look for it some time soon I hope. :D
\CYA
I wish! :P
I like to think I know whats right, if it ain't just let me know. :D

Posted: 12 Apr 2011, 13:19
victorpsbg
nero wrote:DON'T. DON'T. DON'T.
Interiors in Re-Volt look stupid anyway, that's why i don't do them.
I agree with you. Interiors make cars unrealistic and kind of stupid (for me). I refer to Acclaim`s stock cars but when repainting often remove the Pro car`s sponsors becuase full of them and no space of personal creativity :lol:

Posted: 16 Apr 2011, 07:37
Aeon
Cars designed to mimic real-life: Yes, have interiors. Cars intended to be RC cars, with the big antenna and such, I would leave them out.

Whatever the case, just be consistent.

Since Re-Volt is supposed to be an RC car game and most of the tracks are for RC cars, I would say leave them out. Plus its a lot of effort for little gain to have an interior, unless you use the same interior for every car, and then what's the point?

Posted: 25 May 2011, 14:40
synasthesia
make the interior look like a real rc car with motor etc :D

else, no interior, makes it look kinda weird on a rc car
altough some people make interiors on their real life rc cars too

Posted: 31 May 2011, 23:53
ElvenAvenger
Imo focus entirely on the car's exterior.

High quality textures, headlights, taillights, wheels....all that stuff.

Interior makes it too...out of reality? in RV when cars are generally RC.

That said, RV clearly needs more muscle cars and JDM cars.

Posted: 02 Jun 2011, 08:27
Citywalker
Basically, RV is split into two by now -- RC style tracks and cars, and RL (real-life) style tracks and cars. For RL style, interiors are ok (even more so when considering the WolfR4 option of bonnet view ("Don't hide the car...")).

[Edited for typo]