Page 1 of 1
Posted: 17 Feb 2010, 00:37
jigebren
Hi guys.
As the date of the fisrt WolfR4 release may approach, I'm wondering about the name of this tool. At first, WolfR4 was just a sort of joke, and I was using it as a code name during devellopment. But now I don't know if I keep it, or turn it into Re-Wolf, or choose another animal as a totem, or anything else...
I'm open to your proposal. May you have a good name idea, or just a mascot or logo idea, you can propose it here.
Thanks.

PD: Don't know if it can lead to something, but the main idea about this tool is that it is a launcher which fixes some revolt bugs, adds a few features, allows some tweaks and brings custom models support for track makers.

Posted: 17 Feb 2010, 02:16
zipperrulez
my opinion:
dont use a animal.
what i think the name should be:
i have got no idea, sorry.

Posted: 17 Feb 2010, 03:12
miromiro
Wolf? Bleh, remembers me of RST.

Change it to.... whatever else you want.

Posted: 17 Feb 2010, 03:57
zagames
Don't comment unless you have a suggestion... Please. It just clutters up the topic. I kind of like the Re-Wolf idea. Maybe you could use something like Mod-Volt or Re-Newvolt, hehe. Let's see some other opinions.

Posted: 17 Feb 2010, 03:59
miromiro
The NewVolt name is already in use. Kay use it for his future project.

Posted: 17 Feb 2010, 04:49
Adamodell
You people are trying WAY too hard. The best Re-Volt tools have vague names. Re-Volt Extender being one. Something as simple as "Re-Volt Multipatcher" would work. I'm just getting sick of all the cheese. I'm getting sick of "brand recognition". I made a portable Re-Volt. Know what I called it? Re-Volt Portable. TheMeandMe and Antimorph made a car limit fixer with a helicopter view hack. They called the The MorphMe Carfix Copter. Don't worry about the name, regardless... people are going to use this patch if it's any good. Perhaps take into consideration what the tool does when it's complete and hybridize the features into a simple, or abbreviated name. RST's R3-DCP, dare I say, has a catchy, memorable abbreviation for something hauntingly simple. Dynamic Car Previewer. It "dynamically" previews cars. Not saying I like it, though.

Posted: 17 Feb 2010, 07:14
jigebren
Ok, according to the somewhat crabbing Adamodell, the new name is:

lwfsrbaffastbcms

I think the meaning is quite obvious, but for those who don't guess, it's:
Launcher Which Fixes Some Revolt Bugs, Adds a Few Features, Allows Some Tweaks and Brings Custom Models Support for track makers.
Pretty nifty, no?

Well, end of joke.
I could use 'Revolt Fixer' or anything like that, but I like better proper noun or acronym than descriptive name. Why? Well, why not... And this is the fun part after the long boring time spent developing.
No obvious name came to my mind, that's why I'm asking for your suggestions.

Posted: 17 Feb 2010, 12:21
Crone94
Something like Re-Volt Reloaded perhaps

Posted: 17 Feb 2010, 13:07
urnemanden
I was thinking in theese names:

RV Executor
RV Operator
Re-Volt Applier
Re-Volt HC (Or HQ)
Quali-Volt

Posted: 17 Feb 2010, 14:52
SkindupTruk
seeing all those buttons and options makes me think of a music mixing table so how about:

Re-Volt Remix 0.1

Posted: 18 Feb 2010, 06:27
jigebren
Ok, thanks for this proposals. There is some funny stuffs.. also, there is the classical but efficient 'Re-Volt Reloaded' that could do the job. But for now I'm still more convinced by WolfR4 or Re-Wolf. WolfR4 is good because it was the original development name, but Re-Wolf is cool because it evoke more 're-volt'...

Well, don't hesitate to post other ideas, I'm still not 100% fixed about it.

Posted: 18 Feb 2010, 09:43
Adamodell
SkindupTruk's is good.

Posted: 18 Feb 2010, 22:16
GWC
RV Re-Jigged?

Posted: 18 Feb 2010, 22:48
jigebren
GWC @ Feb 18 2010, 05:46 PM wrote:RV Re-Jigged?
:lol:
I didn't dare to propose this one...
You would have found I'm a bit pretentious.

About SkindupTruk's, it I use this one, and considering the revolt music genre, everybody will think I'm a Techno lover... Which I'm not.

Posted: 23 Feb 2010, 16:42
antimorph
"The Gloriously Generous Gift of the Gigabrain"

TGGGotG :)

Not in the least pretentious. Just telling it the way it is.

Posted: 24 Feb 2010, 02:08
human
i dont really have an idea but i like your original one, wolfr4, because it refers to something that had to be stepped over.

Posted: 24 Feb 2010, 05:55
antimorph
Ahh, it takes me a little while to catch on (I'm sort of busy) you're inviting us to submit logo ideas... Great. I'll try and work something up (probably at the weekend).

Posted: 24 Feb 2010, 21:24
Manmountain
my 0.02$ worth :
De-Volt
Developement of ReVolt ;)

or
De-Vault
Developement Vault.

Posted: 24 Feb 2010, 21:45
GWC
I still like Wolf. Call it Wolf v.4.0 and it will drive peeps mad in the future looking for earlier versions :)

Posted: 26 Feb 2010, 00:37
arto
Off the top of my head, mostly silly suggestions that I came up with while waiting for compilation to end:

- Re-Wolt (W instead of V cuz itl ike doubles Re-Volt capabilities)
- Re-Wolf (Well there's the lovable Wolf)
- Wolf4RV (Again our lovable Wolf, Wolf for Re-Volt)
- jigaboo (jigabren's boo to the scene)
- Re-Jig(ed) (because it's quite a jigged up Re-Volt)
- Re-Volted (because it's amplified Re-Volt)

Posted: 01 Mar 2010, 20:22
urnemanden
I'll gladly help in suggesting a design for a logo/icon too. If it's going to be WolfR4, then I am thinking of a 3D wolf-logo but with a handdraw-look (outline perhaps).

Posted: 01 Mar 2010, 22:02
jigebren
urnemanden @ Mar 1 2010, 03:52 PM wrote:I'll gladly help in suggesting a design for a logo/icon too. If it's going to be WolfR4, then I am thinking of a 3D wolf-logo but with a handdraw-look (outline perhaps).
I think it is likely to remain WolfR4 (or something close like Re-Wolf) because I'm (we're) getting quite used to, so I don't feel like changing now.

But I'd like to thank all of you guys who propose some good stuffs here. There was some pretty good/fun ideas...

If you want to suggest a logo, don't hesitate to post just sketches, even very rough. I mean, it doesn't need to look shining.

Posted: 02 Mar 2010, 05:15
antimorph
Just working out some bad ideas. It's going to be demon wolf with red eyes, snarling fangs, and the disembowelment of the pheonix next (or at the very least crunching on some flaming bones). Then it'll be flags and checkered racing stripes in some wolfie warpaint homage to Braveheart. Then integrate some motion blur thing with the revolt logo (but with a 4). haha. yes yes!

Posted: 02 Mar 2010, 05:40
jigebren
Hehe, it seems that we've got a talented 3d modeler here. I had some difficulties to translate your project description, but it was worth the pain, ahah...
What is your software, zbrush? And the models, are they made by you?

Posted: 02 Mar 2010, 06:20
antimorph
Well thank you for your perseverance. I was only half joking.

Software is indeed the unsurpassable Zbrush, the models in any of the images I post will always be made by me - that's more fun I think.

Ps. The Revolt Wolf Hulk is flexing its imaginary muscles and sharpening its imaginary talons hoping to seal the fate of any scrawny necked phoenixes that may come a-waddling by.

Posted: 02 Mar 2010, 06:30
jigebren
You're forcing me to improve my vocabulary. ;)
antimorph @ Mar 2 2010, 01:50 AM wrote:Software is indeed the unsurpassable Zbrush, the models in any of the images I post will always be made by me - that's more fun I think. 
In that case, I double the compliment.
I'm working with Blender, which I think is rather different of course, but I just don't know if I could have done someting like your wolf head.
And the car is pretty well modelized (the wheels, axles and springs are very nifty).

Posted: 02 Mar 2010, 12:19
urnemanden
I can see at least 3 wolf angles I like a lot as a logo from antimorphs logos. (The little lighted one in upper left corner, that looks to the left (also totally black one) - the one in middle left that looks down - and the one in upper right corner with a wheel surrounded)

I think I've become out of suggestions myself now, nice job! =)

Posted: 27 Jun 2012, 03:55
NNitro
How about Re-volution ?

Posted: 28 Jun 2012, 06:45
jigebren
NNitro @ Jun 26 2012, 11:25 PM wrote:How about Re-volution ?
:huh:
Hmm, how can I say...
Two years later I think the name is definitely here to stay...

Posted: 02 Jul 2012, 23:33
NNitro
Still a good name and an indispensible utility for modders - the topic shows the envelope/open symbol, that's why I replied

Posted: 03 Jul 2012, 05:45
jigebren
NNitro @ Jul 2 2012, 07:03 PM wrote:Still a good name and an indispensible utility for modders
Thanks...
NNitro @ Jul 2 2012, 07:03 PM wrote:the topic shows the envelope/open symbol, that's why I replied
Yeah, we don't use to close topic (except in some cases to prevent abuse, stop pointless topic, etc.) as even years later some points can still be worth discussing again. In fact, there's something less restricting and - hopefully - more efficient than topic auto-locking which is call common-sense... :) Of course we're warmly inviting members to make a good use of it.