Page 1 of 1
Posted: 31 Jan 2010, 02:36
jigebren
Here is a little news.

Some may perhaps know it already, but I didn't have heard about this cheat code until last night, when I discovered it during one of my dive into revolt.exe session.
I warn you, it's completely useless, but I think it's funny to find a new stuff hidden in revolt.
And it has a relationship with something I was trying to understand for some days, so I was quite happy.

In the beginning, I though it was activated during 'View credits' only, but in fact you can try it under a race too.

Try typing blindly gimmecredits on your keyboard during a race, and chances are that you will see something like that (tested on version 1207 <EDIT> and version 0916 too </EDIT>). Useless, but funny, isn't it.

Posted: 31 Jan 2010, 02:40
miromiro
Doesn't work.

Posted: 31 Jan 2010, 02:43
jigebren
it does

Posted: 31 Jan 2010, 02:44
miromiro
I typed "gimmecredits" while a race and nothing happend!

Posted: 31 Jan 2010, 02:46
Aylown
Probably you are typing wrong miro B)

Posted: 31 Jan 2010, 02:48
miromiro
Ah yes, not it works :).
Sorry, I wonder if there are other options like this!

Posted: 31 Jan 2010, 02:52
Manmountain
It does work, also heard the honking horn which usually denotes the activation of a cheat code.

Maybe Miro is not using the mentioned version ?

Posted: 31 Jan 2010, 02:54
miromiro
miromiro @ Jan 30 2010, 10:18 PM wrote: Ah yes, not it works :).
Sorry, I wonder if there are other options like this!
I said it worked, I just only typed "gimme" with only one "m".
Anyway, it's interesting to discover this after 10 years!

Posted: 31 Jan 2010, 03:03
miromiro
Hey, I noticed that the 30 clockwork cars have the same name like the guys from the credit list!
Haha :lol:.

Posted: 31 Jan 2010, 03:49
arto
Very nice... Fun to see some undiscovered stuff uncovered after all these years!

Posted: 31 Jan 2010, 05:45
jigebren
miromiro @ Jan 30 2010, 10:33 PM wrote:Hey, I noticed that the 30 clockwork cars have the same name like the guys from the credit list!
Haha :lol:.
Good observation, I didn't noticed it :D

Posted: 31 Jan 2010, 13:28
urnemanden
Pretty cool one, jigebren, good job finding it! Just tested it out myself and it works fine here.

Posted: 03 Feb 2010, 11:15
Awsomeyxir
I tested the gimmecredits cheat in both of the demos, and it works! :)
Interestingly it is the only cheat that does work in the demos - also the little tildes that are on each side of the names don't show up.
Also added this cheat to the Re-Volt wiki.

Posted: 04 Feb 2010, 03:12
jigebren
Ok, I think it's now time for you to know the 2 other and last cheats I discovered.

There is bargarama, which is even more useless than gimmecredits.
It changes the rendering of the wheels: it makes revolt use a simple plane instead of the wheel model.
I think it's a residue of some testing code, or could have been used in the very beginning of revolt devellopement.

The other is more fun. I was not sure about revealing it, since I didn't know if it could be abused, but hey, it's better not to let such thing still unknown after such a long time.

The other cheat is joker, and as you may guess, it does the same thing than using 'joker' as a player name (ie. make every car the same in multi-player race). At least I believe. I know this cheat is recognized by revolt, but I haven't tested yet the consequence.

Hope you will appreciate this new stuff. ;)
And don't spend your night typing random words on your keyboard, these are the only 3 still unknown cheats (99.9% Guaranted).

<EDIT> These cheat codes have to be typed blindly on your keyboard during a race, they don't work like other usual revolt cheats that have to be entered as a player name.</EDIT>
<EDIT2>Of course, the joker cheat only works in multi-player game, else it won't do nothing but play the honk sound.</EDIT2>

Posted: 04 Feb 2010, 03:34
arto
jigebren @ Feb 3 2010, 10:42 PM wrote: The other cheat is joker, and as you may guess, it does the same thing than using 'joker' as a player name (ie. make every car the same in multi-player race). At least I believe. I know this cheat is recognized by revolt, but I haven't tested yet the consequence.
Yeah this one is known. The other one I've never heard. Nice stuff!

Posted: 04 Feb 2010, 03:43
jigebren
arto @ Feb 3 2010, 11:04 PM wrote:
jigebren @ Feb 3 2010, 10:42 PM wrote: The other cheat is joker, and as you may guess, it does the same thing than using 'joker' as a player name (ie. make every car the same in multi-player race). At least I believe. I know this cheat is recognized by revolt, but I haven't tested yet the consequence.
Using it as your player name is known, of course, but I've never heard about typing it on the fly during the race, which is the case here. Anyhow, that's doesn't really matter...

Posted: 04 Feb 2010, 04:06
miromiro
Joker cheat code is used in multiplayer mode.

Posted: 04 Feb 2010, 04:12
arto
jigebren @ Feb 3 2010, 11:13 PM wrote:
Using it as your player name is known, of course, but I've never heard about typing it on the fly during the race, which is the case here. Anyhow, that's doesn't really matter...
Oh! That I didn't know... I guess should try. I sure as hope it won't be doing anything in multiplayer, lol. Goddamn Jokers are menace enough as it stands ;).

Posted: 04 Feb 2010, 04:41
jigebren
arto wrote:Oh! That I didn't know... I guess should try. I sure as hope it won't be doing anything in multiplayer, lol. Goddamn Jokers are menace enough as it stands wink.gif.
I thought it was clear that is was like the first cheat of the topic. I've edited the above post to clarify it.

jigebren wrote:The other cheat is joker, and as you may guess, it does the same thing than using 'joker' as a player name (ie. make every car the same in multi-player race)
miromiro wrote:Joker cheat code is used in multiplayer mode.
Ah, ok. Thanks a lot miromiro for the very usefull and complete addition. :blink:

Posted: 04 Feb 2010, 04:58
arto
jigebren @ Feb 4 2010, 12:11 AM wrote:
arto wrote:Oh! That I didn't know... I guess should try. I sure as hope it won't be doing anything in multiplayer, lol. Goddamn Jokers are menace enough as it stands wink.gif.
I thought it was clear that is was like the first cheat of the topic. I've edited the above post to clarify it.
Well, it was clear, now that I read it again. I just wasn't reading clearly :-P.

Posted: 04 Feb 2010, 05:16
miromiro
jigebren @ Feb 4 2010, 12:11 AM wrote:
jigebren wrote:The other cheat is joker, and as you may guess, it does the same thing than using 'joker' as a player name (ie. make every car the same in multi-player race)
miromiro wrote:Joker cheat code is used in multiplayer mode.
Ah, ok. Thanks a lot miromiro for the very usefull and complete addition. :blink:
Yeah, me too :P.

Posted: 04 Feb 2010, 12:04
urnemanden
I tested out all 3 codes on a custom track and they all work very well with the exception of the joker code, which I only made work while being in multi-player. I also found out that one of the 3 codes might change the ENV, just take a look at this ball:

Posted: 04 Feb 2010, 20:08
jigebren
urnemanden @ Feb 4 2010, 07:34 AM wrote:I tested out all 3 codes on a custom track and they all work very well with the exception of the joker code, which I only made work while being in multi-player.
I really thougt it was clear that 'joker' can work in multi-player only...
I also found out that one of the 3 codes might change the ENV, just take a look at this ball:
Hey, that's strange. I'm quite sure it's a side effect of the bargarama cheat, but I'm not sure this effect is normal anyhow. It needs to be deepened, just to be sure that it's not linked to a texture bug.

Posted: 04 Feb 2010, 20:52
urnemanden
Jig &#045; Clearing out joker wrote:I really thougt it was clear that 'joker' can work in multi-player only...
I might be a little too fast in reading, thanks for the notice.
Jig &#045; The ENV Ball wrote:Hey, that's strange. I'm quite sure it's a side effect of the bargarama cheat, but I'm not sure this effect is normal anyhow. It needs to be deepened, just to be sure that it's not linked to a texture bug.
In case it's a texture bug, then it at least isn't linked to the 512patch. If I remember corectly, the face also appears when pressing a couple of shortcutkeys while selecting a Node in the AI Nodes edit mode - And I think that the ENV has changed in that case as well.

Posted: 04 Feb 2010, 21:36
jigebren
urnemanden @ Feb 4 2010, 04:22 PM wrote:
Jig &#045; The ENV Ball wrote:Hey, that's strange. I'm quite sure it's a side effect of the bargarama cheat, but I'm not sure this effect is normal anyhow. It needs to be deepened, just to be sure that it's not linked to a texture bug.
In case it's a texture bug, then it at least isn't linked to the 512patch. If I remember corectly, the face also appears when pressing a couple of shortcutkeys while selecting a Node in the AI Nodes edit mode - And I think that the ENV has changed in that case as well.
It's nice that you've already noticed that, because the texture modified by the bargarama cheat code is indeed linked to, precisely, the texture modified in AI nodes edit mode...

Just to avoid misinterpretation, what exactly do you call ENV?

Posted: 04 Feb 2010, 22:56
urnemanden
ENV is the bitmap that contains the shinyness, also called "chrome" in other games/3D oriented programs. Each track can have it's own custom ENV, and you can mainly notice eventual differences on the ball.m.

There is 3 ENV bitmaps in &#092;gfx&#092;. Pleas correct me if I am wrong: EnvFRONT.bmp is used by frontend and a few custom tracks. Envstill.bmp is the standard ENV and is also the one Re-Volt will load if no other ENV has been defined in the inf file of the track. Mainly used by track geometry and objects. I am unsure what Envroll.bmp is affecting, but my best shot would be that it is used for the cars (Envstill.bmp might affect them too).

Posted: 04 Feb 2010, 23:19
KDL
so, for me...
Joker: (known times ago)
it's for setting all the car similar to the one who used 'Joker', works only in multiplayers

gimmecredits (puts the credits)

bargarama: crashed re-volt

:)

thanks, it was fun

Posted: 04 Feb 2010, 23:41
jigebren
KDL @ Feb 4 2010, 06:49 PM wrote:so, for me...
Joker: (known times ago)
it's for setting all the car similar to the one who used 'Joker', works only in multiplayers
jigebren wrote:
It seems that no one read the full topic before answering <_< . I'm will soon become tired to repeat the same thing again and again...
KDL wrote:bargarama: crashed re-volt
I thinks that when revolt try to load the other texture. On my system, it doesn't crash, just an error message. But anyhow, this cheat is completely useless, it's just a curiosity. B)

Posted: 05 Feb 2010, 13:38
KDL
Oh well sorry, it's just I don't have much time to read because I'm always busy, I didn't even see the first post.

my apologies :(

Posted: 27 Aug 2010, 08:05
Abc
hey, joker typing isn't needed unless using v1.00, and never knew that! bargarama was never put in wikia -.-

Posted: 22 Jul 2011, 05:06
gdfsgdfg
I'm using the newest 1.2 alpha of course

all of these codes work

the baragna thing is really weird making wheels paper like.