Page 1 of 1
Posted: 19 Jan 2010, 03:26
Cat
Click on the bold text to download.

TMD2LWO: Converts from PlayStation's TMD model format to LightWave Object (it can be opened with Zmodeler or any other program that supports the format).

Example of usage:

tmd2lwo.exe KCAR_1.TMD (input file) KCAR_1 (output, .lwo extension will be added)

pause

Psicture: Opens various formats of PlayStation texture formats (eg: TIM) and converts to BMP.

PSound SoundReaver2: Opens various audio formats and converts to WAV.

PSX Multi Converter (PSXMC): Opens and converts textures, music and movies.
v2.53 is freeware, v3.23 can open textures that Psicture can't and is a trial (shareware), get a keymaker here (credits to chriselston), but it will make the program unable to preview/convert files (here's the link in case you want to ruin your life doing stupidities or want to solve this problem).

Don't forget to check Zophar's domain.

Posted: 19 Jan 2010, 03:43
chriselston
But I thought that the PSX textures were a binary format, as read from my disk.

Posted: 19 Jan 2010, 03:55
Cat
there should exist a program for opening PSX .bin files* since i think that inside them are more files.

*not an image file for burning into a CD

Posted: 19 Jan 2010, 03:56
chriselston
Yeah I know that, but i have been trying to find one, for my Re-Volt low-res project. It was planned for a low end pc I have.

EDIT: Cat, you didn't look hard enough:
Clickie Here.

Posted: 19 Jan 2010, 04:04
Cat
chriselston @ Jan 18 2010, 07:26 PM wrote: Cat, you didn't look hard enough:
Clickie Here.
THANX!!! :cheers:

Posted: 19 Jan 2010, 04:06
chriselston
No problem. :)

But I don't see the use of that for Re-Volt PSX, but it may come in handy for other games, such as the Twisted Metal series. It's a nice tool. Thanks for sharing.

Posted: 19 Jan 2010, 04:11
Cat
chriselston @ Jan 18 2010, 07:36 PM wrote: No problem. :)

But I don't see the use of that for Re-Volt PSX, but it may come in handy for other games, such as the Twisted Metal series. It's a nice tool. Thanks for sharing.
this wasn't intended just for RV PSX, with these things you can rip models/textures from certain (because not all) PSX games and use them in another -PC or whatever- game .

Posted: 19 Jan 2010, 04:15
chriselston
Hmm... I just might do a TM2 conversion!

Posted: 19 Jan 2010, 05:31
Adamodell
chriselston @ Jan 18 2010, 11:13 PM wrote: But I thought that the PSX textures were a binary format, as read from my disk.
Never think linear like that.

Different games can use different formats and techniques. Even if it's binary, that isn't going to stop you from opening it if there's a decoder for that.

Posted: 19 Jan 2010, 06:22
chriselston
Well then, Adam...

Can you find a suitable one ore the textures? Renaming to a Bitmap file does nothing.

Posted: 19 Jan 2010, 07:19
Adamodell
chriselston @ Jan 19 2010, 01:52 AM wrote: Well then, Adam...

Can you find a suitable one ore the textures? Renaming to a Bitmap file does nothing.
TIM is the most common format I've seen on PlayStation games.

PSicture can obviously get those.

In the case of GT2, it's a "raw" format for the car textures, where it probably is straight binary. PSicture can open these textures if given the right data (like bits and resolution of the raw image). Interestingly enough, the car wheels are the wheel shop in GT2 use TIMs though.

Yeah, renaming to BMP isn't going to work because bitmap is a specific format with its own specific header. And even then, not all bitmaps are the same.

Take a look at the game you want to convert from, figure out where the textures are located. There just may be a tool to extract them. It's not a one-size-fits-all affair, though. Twisted Metal might not be as easy as we'd both wish.

Posted: 19 Jan 2010, 19:30
nero
Is there any way to convert DAT files on a PS1 disk?

Posted: 19 Jan 2010, 23:29
Cat
nero @ Jan 19 2010, 11:00 AM wrote: Is there any way to convert DAT files on a PS1 disk?
maybe this: http://www.zophar.net/utilities/psxutil/xaex.html

the doc file is in japanese, here's a translation made with google:
CDROM / XA data extraction tool Ver0.1

Overview

This program can not access the file system data CD-ROM/XA
    The material to extract files.

The run PC98 Series + CD-ROM ² Ì Ä Þ Þ × over + MSCDEX.EXE Ver2.1
Windows95 CD-ROM or ÄÞ × ² ÌÞ requires

IBM PC / AT compatible machine is basically a DOS Windows95 Please run windows.

Use

XAEX.EXE CD-ROM/XA file name output file name
    And then.

CD-ROM/XA file name, please be sure to specify a full path.
    Interrupted during the conversion by pressing the ESC key.

Tested environment

Body: PC9821Ap/U2
    MSCDEX: Ver2.22
CD-ROM ² Ì Ä Þ × Þ: CXA-602

Body: own PentiumII-300 Epox KP6LA AT compatible
CD-ROM ² Ì Ä Þ × Þ: TEAC CD516SK

Disclaimer

This software is free, no warranty.
The author is supported / will assumes no obligation to upgrade.

Operating results of this software is not responsible for any.

Contact

e-mail: soltin@highway.or.jp
    www: http://home.highway.or.jp/soltin/

Posted: 28 Jan 2010, 04:04
Cat
since i registered PSXMC using that keymaker, i can't preview/export videos or audio

Posted: 31 Jan 2010, 20:06
chriselston
As in, you're still having problems with it???

Posted: 31 Jan 2010, 22:43
Cat
chriselston @ Jan 31 2010, 11:36 AM wrote: As in, you're still having problems with it???
Yes, but i changed to PSXMC253 wich is freeware and apparently doesn't need registration