Posted: 11 Jan 2010, 02:18
miromiro
Cool :D.

Posted: 11 Jan 2010, 04:32
jigebren
I have to test the Fiat panda :)

Posted: 11 Jan 2010, 04:53
Adamodell
Cat, you really should use JPG. Well... at least you aren't trying to post bitmaps I guess.

I'm on DSL but not everyone is as fortunate.

Posted: 11 Jan 2010, 06:08
Cat
Adamodell @ Jan 10 2010, 08:23 PM wrote: Cat, you really should use JPG. Well... at least you aren't trying to post bitmaps I guess.

I'm on DSL but not everyone is as fortunate.
JPG has worse quality than BMP and PNG

Posted: 11 Jan 2010, 18:46
urnemanden
Cat wrote:JPG has worse quality than BMP and PNG
Nice Site, but I agree with Adam (even tho my own website is using PNG too). JPG will just give you a much faster loading time and makes the website feel rather "light". And then JPG isn't that bad, you can just make it use as little compression as possible. I mainly use PNG to big pictures and/or pictures that requires transparency in some way.

Posted: 12 Jan 2010, 06:23
Adamodell
Ironically, I'm a huge compression freak and I use PNG whenever I can.
But some things JPG is amazing for. Take a look at my pictures on my site. All that was JPG quality 95 in Paint.NET and it looks great.
You have to stick your eyes to the screen and become a zombie to see the compression.

If you must use PNG, use OptiPNG. Some of your images I think could be reduced in space a decent amount with this program, with no loss in image quality.

Anyway, my signature honesty that makes everyone hate me.

"JPG has worse quality than BMP and PNG"

That is totally false. An 8-bit PNG or BMP will look worse than a 16-bit JPG in a high-color situation, for example. In a low-color situation, you probably couldn't tell. JPG isn't always worse quality... Things matter more about the bit amount or the type of image you are compressing. PNG is best for images with few colors and transparency, like logos or fancy signatures. Run-length encoded bitmaps are nice if you have to use BMP and it's an image with few colors near each other. JPG is best for real life, true color images, or even just images with a lot of colors and photographic detail. Screencaps of Re-Volt fit into this "realistic" category, and the best compression you'll get for these is out of the JPG (or JPEG2000, if you get geeky) formats.

As a summary, it's all about the type of image you are compressing.
Re-Volt screencaps are happiest with the JPEG standard.

Posted: 27 Sep 2010, 04:32
Cat
I've splitted the cars page in 2 for everyone's convenience.

JPEG vs PNG

Posted: 29 Sep 2010, 01:16
zipperrulez
png supports alpha so i use it.

Posted: 30 Oct 2010, 19:50
Adamodell
PNG or PSD, or if using PDN, PDN. No point in using JPG for anything other than posting and viewing, and using BMP would only be useful for a few specifics.

Posted: 03 Jan 2012, 12:47
Daniel_Revay
Site doesn't work anymore. :(