Page 1 of 1
Posted: 02 Jan 2010, 01:22
Cat
Wich of the RV stock cars has the most suitable suspension for circuits like the Touring Cars, F1's and GT's? (not stunt, rally, drift, etc)

Posted: 02 Jan 2010, 01:40
miromiro
Bertha Ballistics!

Posted: 02 Jan 2010, 01:57
Cat
miromiro @ Jan 1 2010, 05:10 PM wrote: Bertha Ballistics!
i mean for F1/GP/GT circuits, not for dirt/rally/4x4 and stunts.

Posted: 02 Jan 2010, 14:37
Aeon
I would say... why use a stock suspension? Make your own. You get much better results that way, and its really not that hard. Plus, the performance of a suspension needs to be tuned based on the car. You can't just slap any suspension on any car and call it good.

That said, most road racing cars are going to have stiff spring rates, but it depends on the weight of the car. You probably want just enough to make the car not wobble from side to side on turns, because if you make them too stiff it will be detrimental for the car's ability to handle changes in the road. Bound and rebound (known in RV as damping and restitution) should be set based on the car's handling. You can compensate for oversteer and understeer by how you adjust these.

But if you insist on taking the cheap lazy route, just use Toyeca's suspension.

Posted: 03 Jan 2010, 01:24
Cat
Aeon @ Jan 2 2010, 06:07 AM wrote: I would say... why use a stock suspension? Make your own. You get much better results that way, and its really not that hard. Plus, the performance of a suspension needs to be tuned based on the car. You can't just slap any suspension on any car and call it good.

That said, most road racing cars are going to have stiff spring rates, but it depends on the weight of the car. You probably want just enough to make the car not wobble from side to side on turns, because if you make them too stiff it will be detrimental for the car's ability to handle changes in the road. Bound and rebound (known in RV as damping and restitution) should be set based on the car's handling. You can compensate for oversteer and understeer by how you adjust these.

But if you insist on taking the cheap lazy route, just use Toyeca's suspension.
I will make my own setting instead of following the dark way.

Posted: 03 Jan 2010, 15:27
Aeon
Well if you want any help just let me know. I've had plenty of practice with tweaking suspensions.