Page 1 of 1
Posted: 30 Dec 2009, 07:11
chriselston
I am nearly close to settling a score with this seller here on eBay, and loom what lucky prize I found here:

Re-Volt: Arcade game (Tsunami Entertainment)

As soon as I have seen it, I had to get it. Surprisingly, my dad joined forces with me to help nab this rare gem. He sold two of his cars (not really needed cars), and we almost have the money, now for the shipping to go. Any1 else have a take???

Posted: 30 Dec 2009, 07:17
Aeon
I wonder how all those horrible little RC cars drive when you have a steering wheel instead of a keyboard.

Posted: 30 Dec 2009, 07:19
chriselston
Meh. It can't be too bad. But imagine an arcade machine in your house. . . :D

EDIT: See how these people handle it
Click here to youtube.

Posted: 30 Dec 2009, 08:09
Adamodell
What board does it run on? We need to know the technical schematics... perhaps it could be emulated on a computer.

Maybe you can do us justice and image the ROM (how Atari games were converted to formats that could be ran in an emulator situation) off the board. That is, if you get this thing. I'm sure there's geekier people out there who will tell you exactly what you need to do.

Posted: 30 Dec 2009, 15:15
human
wow, looking great.
its quite interesting to see the features that the pc version doesnt have, like the track map displayed (on youtube video), i guess you can see all your opponents where they are on the track.
also, i know nothing about a track called junkyard (ebay picture), i guess there are more stuff on it i dont know about.
a lot of racers drive with wheels (arto for example), its great once you get used to it.
i hope you manage to get it mate.

Posted: 30 Dec 2009, 20:10
chriselston
Thanks human.
and to Adam:

Ripping a rom off of this machine maybe difficult, but it is possible. However, I don't see many modern day arcade machine ROM images around here often anymore. The most modern I have would have to be Tekken Tag Tournament. The bad thing is that the frame rate is so dreadful, regardless of the machine specs you have on your computer. So Re-Volt arcade machine emulation, I give it a meh.

It would be nice if the ROM is obtainable, but yet I don't think even MAME could even bare it. If it can barely trug along with Tekken Tag, you've got to be out of your mind.

That's still a bummer. . .

:(

P.S. The game was released in 2005!!

Posted: 31 Dec 2009, 03:11
zagames
I'd pay $400 to get one of them shipped down here. Maybe even pay for shipping to both places if I could guarantee getting one. lol. It just doesn't seem right getting one of them for the price of shipping, approx. $850 USD, while you foot the bill for $2900. Or are you asking for half of the total price?

Posted: 31 Dec 2009, 04:43
chriselston
I am trying to reduce the price, mainly because I got lucky. The seller exclaims that this machine has been on eBay for so long that he is excited to see some one who is willing to purchase it. But the price cut isn't that much at all. Although a 349.99 discount, I cannot pass for that.

Posted: 31 Dec 2009, 06:08
zagames
I mean, how would you want to split the price with another buyer?

Posted: 31 Dec 2009, 08:45
chriselston
I don't see what you mean. If you mean somebody else wants it, I have no clue, or I'm all out of luck :(

But still, what exactly do you mean?

Posted: 31 Dec 2009, 09:14
zagames
nevermind, I was confused... lol

Posted: 31 Jan 2010, 06:09
Manmountain
Exactly the same machine that I saw and reported on several years ago : Re-volt Arcade

Did you actually buy it then ?
If so, do you have it setup yet ?

Posted: 31 Jan 2010, 09:07
chriselston
Apparently, the cost to bring this big baby home is more than expected. The shipping is starting to become an aggravating number to stare at on the eBay listing, and I haven't crossed the border.

Luck or chance, those two are still in effect..... :ph43r:

Posted: 31 Jan 2010, 13:36
urnemanden
Quite interesting, I have been looking for one myself too. The cheapest I found costed 3000$ inclusive shipping to Denmark, tho (the machine was in Great Britain and costed around 1000-2000$).