Page 1 of 2
Posted: 29 Dec 2009, 01:48
Cat
I'M TIRED OF THOSE RVHAUS GUYS THAT MAKES YOU RACE WITH TOYEFUCK AND NOT WITH COUGAR OR ANY OTHER CAR CUZ THEY WONT JOIN FREE-OF-CHOICE-CAR RACES

end of rant

Posted: 29 Dec 2009, 02:11
hilaire9
In a Toyeca race any Pro car is allowed: Toyeca, Cougar, or Humma.
Just no Rookie or custom cars allowed.

Over the years it has been decided that the Toyeca is the best car
on most tracks.

Posted: 29 Dec 2009, 02:14
Cat
i think that other cars when squeezed rightly (like Humma) can be better than Toyeca

EDIT: Anyday, people will get bored of always racing with Toyeca and will try other cars.

Posted: 29 Dec 2009, 03:14
human
we drive toyeca for the same reason why you drive cougar, nothing wrong with that :)
humma is a bit drunk and cougar has a bit of hangover, toyeca is a good boy who doesnt drink. :D

Posted: 29 Dec 2009, 03:22
Cat
human @ Dec 28 2009, 06:44 PM wrote: we drive toyeca for the same reason why you drive cougar, nothing wrong with that :)
humma is a bit drunk and cougar has a bit of hangover, toyeca is a good boy who doesnt drink. :D
Humma has the best acceleration, with an analog controller you can master it.
Cougar is the top speed king.

Posted: 29 Dec 2009, 04:00
zipperrulez
toyeca is easiest to master. thats why i think everyone uses it.

Posted: 29 Dec 2009, 04:43
Aeon
I was sick of Toyeca before I ever joined RVHOUSE (because I didn't). Cougar has understeer and Humma has oversteer. I actually like driving with AMW except its a way-too-slippery light weight RWD.

Unfortunately, in the end, none of the other cars can out-match Toyeca's specs except for the Cougar's top speed. Toyeca is pretty much better than every other car at everything - it even matches the Humma's acceleration.

I should point out that AMW has a softer suspension, which would theoretically make it a better off-road car, if it weren't rear wheel drive.

That said, why does everyone always have to race with the best car? Why don't they race with Dust Mites or Volkens once in a while?

Oh yeah, and Cat - watch your language.

Posted: 29 Dec 2009, 06:22
human
Aeon @ Dec 29 2009, 12:13 AM wrote: That said, why does everyone always have to race with the best car? Why don't they race with Dust Mites or Volkens once in a while?
to be completely honest i wouldnt mind racing online with other cars at all.
i think it would be quite a fun driving humma, cougar, or any other cars if all the racers would take the same car. it would be something different and i could enjoy it i think. i dont have analog control for humma, he goes everywhere, cougar is dead easy to handle but he is very lazy, by the time he reaches top speed the race is over :)

Posted: 29 Dec 2009, 14:02
urnemanden
..I will blame my parents - their too conservative too. =P

Posted: 29 Dec 2009, 15:38
nero
That is why i go with Adeon at battle tags and Humma in races instead of Toyeshate.

Posted: 29 Dec 2009, 23:46
Cat
human @ Dec 28 2009, 09:52 PM wrote:
Aeon @ Dec 29 2009, 12:13 AM wrote: That said, why does everyone always have to race with the best car? Why don't they race with Dust Mites or Volkens once in a while?
to be completely honest i wouldnt mind racing online with other cars at all.
i think it would be quite a fun driving humma, cougar, or any other cars if all the racers would take the same car. it would be something different and i could enjoy it i think. i dont have analog control for humma, he goes everywhere, cougar is dead easy to handle but he is very lazy, by the time he reaches top speed the race is over :)
i think that one make races are boring

Posted: 30 Dec 2009, 03:39
human
lol
if you take humma and i take toyeca, what is the problem then?
if i take humma thats boring to you, if itake toyeca that sucks.
you sure you like revolt?

Posted: 30 Dec 2009, 03:55
Cat
human @ Dec 29 2009, 07:09 PM wrote: lol
if you take humma and i take toyeca, what is the problem then?
if i take humma thats boring to you, if itake toyeca that sucks.
you sure you like revolt?
it doesn't.
What i think is that people should be free to choice the car they like.
I'm just wondering why people doesn't get bored of driving with Toyeca all the time.

Posted: 30 Dec 2009, 05:45
human
Cat @ Dec 29 2009, 11:25 PM wrote: What i think is that people should be free to choice the car they like.
i think they are, as hil said, no one will tell you not to take cougar in a so called toyeca race. you can drive any stock cars. i personally like when somebody drives cougar or humma, i think its cool :) but i cannot drive humma, and cougar is slow in most of the situations. i know its top speed, but i cant get the most of it on a tricky track like ghost town 1 for instance.

Posted: 30 Dec 2009, 06:14
Adamodell
This thread should be called "I hate the online racing scene in Re-Volt (%$^%&$($&$#)", not "I hate RVHouse", because, RVHouse didn't do anything to hurt you. I think it's quite well programmed. I'd probably choose a native Win32 GUI if I was the programmer, but hey, it works. It's not arto's "fault" that people want to stick with tried 'n' true blue.

Posted: 30 Dec 2009, 06:50
Cat
Adamodell @ Dec 29 2009, 09:44 PM wrote: This thread should be called "I hate the online racing scene in Re-Volt (%$^%&$($&$#)", not "I hate RVHouse"
POOF!
wish conceived

Posted: 30 Dec 2009, 08:06
Adamodell
Cat @ Dec 30 2009, 02:20 AM wrote:
Adamodell @ Dec 29 2009, 09:44 PM wrote: This thread should be called "I hate the online racing scene in Re-Volt (%$^%&$($&$#)", not "I hate RVHouse"
POOF!
wish conceived
Kawaii kitty face for u!!!

:3

Haha.

Posted: 30 Dec 2009, 20:18
chriselston
I usually don't like to play as the Toyeca, but if they have to (or must), then I'll have to join the party. I like to race as the other vehicles throughout the game, although other people (most of them) don't. For god's sake, I'll race a Rookie class car!
:D

Posted: 31 Dec 2009, 04:21
Cat
zipperrulez @ Dec 28 2009, 07:30 PM wrote: toyeca is easiest to master. thats why i think everyone uses it.
I think that if people master/practice with the other Pro cars, they can become more proffesional drivers.

Posted: 31 Dec 2009, 15:51
urnemanden
I agree. Could be quite fun if people's chosen car for online races was different from each other.

Posted: 31 Dec 2009, 19:01
KDL
let's face it, Cat
if you can't handle toyeca would you ever talk about it?
only pros can do that anyway :P

Toyeca can be customized (no .inf changes) , you can modify bmps for example to make it cute

Posted: 01 Jan 2010, 05:16
Skitch2
The ole toyeca thing is still the reason i dont race online....
I race with Magma (same speed exactly as toyeca) but still they bitch and only allow toyeca. It has been the thing that piddles me off the most in the online gaming scene (well next to RRR lol )
But i pop into house every now and again to see if they will humor me lol.

Posted: 01 Jan 2010, 06:34
zagames
I have no problem allowing custom cars (with similar specs), so long as I have them installed and I can see what is happening.

Posted: 01 Jan 2010, 17:28
nero
Haha...next time i'll just go with a drift car and see if they bitch or moan. :lol:

Posted: 01 Jan 2010, 17:58
miromiro
Use Toyeca online.
And use Humma and Cougar offline.
So, you won't get tired of any of them.
Or offline use which car you want ;).

Posted: 01 Jan 2010, 23:17
Cat
KDL @ Dec 31 2009, 10:31 AM wrote: let's face it, Cat
if you can't handle toyeca would you ever talk about it?
only pros can do that anyway :P

Toyeca can be customized (no .inf changes) , you can modify bmps for example to make it cute
The problem is that i don't like the stock Toyeca externally (paintjob and Porsche 959 body mesh) and i can't race online with a custom one.

I'm sorry of making the Cat G5, people downloaded it even when they know that it doesn't handle like Toyeca, as i don't think that most people downloaded it for the 3D modifications.

PD: very easy to drive cars can become boring.

Posted: 01 Jan 2010, 23:34
zagames
Cat @ Jan 1 2010, 12:47 PM wrote: PD: very easy to drive cars can become boring.
True dat! :P

Posted: 03 Jan 2010, 02:27
nero
zagames @ Jan 1 2010, 07:04 PM wrote:
Cat @ Jan 1 2010, 12:47 PM wrote: PD: very easy to drive cars can become boring.
True dat! :P
Except really fast ones! :D

Posted: 07 Jan 2010, 03:43
Cat
nero @ Jan 2 2010, 05:57 PM wrote: Except really fast ones! :D
I don't think so, because it breaks the game's balance

EDIT: unless you do my idea of reducing the pros to semi-pro rating

Posted: 07 Jan 2010, 07:52
chriselston
Leveling the competition is something at hand. I have raced in some occasions which I won using a Zipper. Some people prefer the Toyeca because probably RST put it in their brains. Every time I race him, people have different cars. Then they go back and change theirs to a Toyeca. Like a dictator out of the Netherrealm

I dunno. I don't see how Toyeca became the standard anyhow.

Posted: 07 Jan 2010, 10:21
Adamodell
chriselston @ Jan 7 2010, 03:22 AM wrote: Like a dictator out of the Netherrealm...
...now more commonly known as Spain.

I'm fine with the Toyeca, I'm fine with how it looks. I'm not fine with it being the epitome of "de facto".

Posted: 08 Jan 2010, 06:38
Aylown
I don't mind racing even custom cars, as long as the track is good

100% chance I'll kick some bottom once I'm trained once more

What happens, and annoys most of the racers, are Newbies with ultra duper mega blaster fast cars, which simply ruins the race

This problem is solved with hard tracks, which are the ones that I race...so, no worries

Ps: I'm quite good with humma myself...

Cheers

Posted: 08 Jan 2010, 07:36
chriselston
Wow. A skilled Humma player? I always thought he was bad... :huh:

Guess not.

Posted: 11 Jan 2010, 20:48
Juicy J
A1ex always use Humma, he's really good.

Posted: 12 Jan 2010, 01:17
nero
Haha, i'm good with Humma too. :D

Posted: 12 Jan 2010, 06:48
Adamodell
I've done one online race with one of my custom cars (the other racers raced me with my car too). Otherwise, any time I ever raced on there was with a Toyeca. I eventually got used to it. I stopped playing though, obviously.
Also, all that blue on my screen, it gets repetitive quite quick.

Posted: 21 Mar 2010, 00:03
Irck
chriselston @ Jan 7 2010, 03:22 AM wrote: I don't see how Toyeca became the standard anyhow.
It was because of Tina's song "simply the best".

Posted: 23 Mar 2010, 21:13
nero
Irck @ Mar 20 2010, 07:33 PM wrote:
chriselston @ Jan 7 2010, 03:22 AM wrote: I don't see how Toyeca became the standard anyhow.
It was because of Tina's song "simply the best".
cougar pwns toyefeck by far...

Posted: 23 Mar 2010, 21:21
miromiro
No car is good on all tracks. So, the pro racers, decided that Toyeca is the best car online. You don't know if the guys that play all the time Toyeca online, play with Toyeca offline too.

Posted: 23 Mar 2010, 22:21
GWC
Miro,

If the online racers take their competition seriously, they will use Toyeca at every opportunity.

The problem is, that Toyeca was selected as The Best in the early days of online racing, so the serious racers, who have been using it for up to 11 years, are not going to learn another car now, and people shouldn't expect them to.

Geoff

Posted: 25 Mar 2010, 00:24
nero
miromiro @ Mar 23 2010, 04:51 PM wrote: No car is good on all tracks.
but cougar is

Posted: 25 Mar 2010, 21:44
arto
nero @ Mar 24 2010, 07:54 PM wrote:
miromiro @ Mar 23 2010, 04:51 PM wrote: No car is good on all tracks.
but cougar is
What's up, practicing stand-up comedy?

Posted: 26 Mar 2010, 12:22
Crone94
arto @ Mar 25 2010, 05:14 PM wrote: What's up, practicing stand-up comedy?
Lol'ed :D

But seriously, i've been trying out Cougar quite a bit lately, and at some tracks i personally did better with cougar,
Buuut then again, i have to say in most tracks Toyeca will be faster than Cougar due to it has a lot more acceleration which helps a bunch in those tracks where u have to slow down all the time, Toyeca turns better as well. Tracks like, Museum 1, Toys in the Hood 2 and Supermarket 1 you will have a tough time. And dont get me started about hitting the very narrow snowy trail, in the Supermarket 2 freezer.

I still enjoy messing around with Cougar, i love the stability, the looks, and the fact that you know you can go 43 mph, even though it rarely happens. I hope that i can go head to head against those Toyecas one day and win, with a lot of practice it seems possible.

Posted: 26 Mar 2010, 13:11
KDL
Crone94 @ Mar 26 2010, 07:52 AM wrote:
arto @ Mar 25 2010, 05:14 PM wrote: What's up, practicing stand-up comedy?
Lol'ed :D

But seriously, i've been trying out Cougar quite a bit lately, and at some tracks i personally did better with cougar,
Buuut then again, i have to say in most tracks Toyeca will be faster than Cougar due to it has a lot more acceleration which helps a bunch in those tracks where u have to slow down all the time, Toyeca turns better as well. Tracks like, Museum 1, Toys in the Hood 2 and Supermarket 1 you will have a tough time. And dont get me started about hitting the very narrow snowy trail, in the Supermarket 2 freezer.
couldn't agree more :)

Posted: 27 Mar 2010, 17:58
nero
Crone94 @ Mar 26 2010, 07:52 AM wrote: What's up, practicing stand-up comedy?
Seriously, Cougar is better than Toyefeck.
If not, they are just as good. Them 2 are the standard, not the one.
Oh wait i forgot Humma. Then AMW.

Get it?

Phasing out the other cars is stupid. That's why i'm rolling with any car but toyefeck from now on.

Posted: 27 Mar 2010, 18:04
chriselston
You know, we change up our routines every day to keep the prefrontal cortex under constant use and development. Picking Toyeca every race isn't going to help with that. :P

It's gets dull, boring, tiresome, and is just no plain fun. In fact, it is "plain" fun nowadays.

Posted: 28 Mar 2010, 05:33
Crone94
You failed at quoting there Nero ;)

I'm pretty sure that Toyeca is faster in most stock tracks no matter how you put it, sjampo, riki, etc will eventually kick ur rear if u drive with Cougar (and Toyeca for that matter :P) Just dont deny the fact that Toyeca is faster, im just encouraging people to variate their usual habits a bit by mixing it up.
Try it out, even if it doesnt work out for you practice makes perfect. Most cars are driveable with enough practice. All though for competetive racing i'd recommend Toyeca.

Posted: 28 Mar 2010, 15:35
nero
That's why i'm rolling with any car but toyefeck from now on.
Any B4l,B3l,blabla crap, i'm not going on.
I'm only going on free races,where you can go with any car.
Seriously, i don't see why you praise blue crap.

Posted: 16 Dec 2010, 01:41
URV
Fun fact: If people were using Cougar instead of Toyeca, you would do the same thing. "I'm sick of everyone using this yellow crap, seriously, cowf*ck sucks (...)", etc.

Posted: 18 Dec 2010, 02:06
nero
But since that's not the case...