Page 1 of 1
Posted: 11 Dec 2005, 04:34
human
hey community,
i have a (few) friend who cannot join by ip in multiplayer mode. we didnt tried it on spy, but simply by the tcp/ip protocol. i dont have further idea beside of the tips i gave him, but with no success. he has windows xp, no firewall software installed, no router, windows firewall is disabled, he has wireless net connection coming from/thru another pc which has adsl net. any type of online action does work (browsing, skype, etc.), but we cannot join to each other, either me nor him as host. what can be the problem?
thx for answers
human

Posted: 11 Dec 2005, 13:50
human
hmm, something came into my mind: if he gets his connection from another computer, a router must be exist which connects the two computers, im i right?

Posted: 11 Dec 2005, 16:22
Killer Wheels
Probably yes. If not, I can't help further... :unsure:

Posted: 11 Dec 2005, 20:35
Warhawk
mine doesnt work either. i have no cd crack version i got from Morpheus

Posted: 12 Dec 2005, 01:35
arto
Hi,

I believe if your friend's internet connection is behind NAT (Network Address Translation) then it won't work. Re-Volt requires possibility to make a direct connection to all the participants.

It might work if the host is not behind NAT, I'm unsure of that, but it definitely won't work if both the host and the other player is behind NAT:

Posted: 12 Dec 2005, 14:19
human
thx for the answers,
we are investigating....
i will seek for infos about NAT on the web....
i also will ask what kind of patch was applied by my friend...