Page 1 of 1
Posted: 17 Nov 2009, 00:38
miromiro
Yo ,

I'm working on a track where I use some instances. In some of the cars must go though them. Because if I choose at instances All Collision Data the cars will crash in that instances. So I chose No Object Collision. But when I wanted to glue in the .w file I got all instances solid. Good because I made a backup before with the unglued track. I rechecked and saw that all was right. Then I went to the track's folder to look for the .ncps of the instances that I don't want solid. But there weren't any .ncp files for them. I still have problems. Could someone tell me why this happen and what should I do ?

Posted: 19 Nov 2009, 03:12
Dave-o-rama
In RvGlue, you need to set certain options in the command file if you want an instance to do something. It ignored what collison option you set in-game. If there's an instance you don't want solid when you glue the track, do something like this:
create nhood1

editor.fin(
thing2 (nocoll)

then, everything else you may need...)
do that for every instance you want to apply a special rv-glue option to. If there's an instance you don't want to add anything special to, don't bother adding it to the command file...

Posted: 22 Nov 2009, 19:49
miromiro
doesn't work

Posted: 22 Nov 2009, 19:53
MOH
im quite sure what dave said will work miro. try it again, im sure thats the problem

Posted: 22 Nov 2009, 20:28
miromiro
give me a command
i want these instances without collision :
  • flag
  • strauch2
  • bush1
  • strauch1
  • bush2
give me a command

Posted: 23 Nov 2009, 00:39
Manmountain
The simple way is to create 2 files.

Run glue with all the visual instances you want, this will create the TRACK.W file that you will use.

Then run glue on the track with only the pieces/items that you want solid, this will create the TRACK.NCP file that you will use.

No need for separate instance files. This is the best way for smaller simple tracks.

Posted: 23 Nov 2009, 19:20
miromiro
don't worry ;)
i found the solution from hil
thanks anyway

Posted: 24 Nov 2009, 21:54
nero
You should know that soon you should think on your own... :unsure:

Posted: 26 Nov 2009, 03:25
zipperrulez
Nero is correct. what i do is mess with the problem for about 2 or 3 hours, if i still cant fix it, i post here or RVL. Or most times i ask in rvhouse. But please do try to solve the problem by yourself, and only ask for help when you are 110% stumped.
Or when your face looks like this. :huh:

Cheerz
:cheers:

Posted: 26 Nov 2009, 18:24
miromiro
i had that face :P

Posted: 03 Feb 2010, 00:11
miromiro
Seems like I have again a bad problem!
Okay, I'm working on a track, where I used Dave's command example to leave the instances, that I don't want solid, without collision.
Here's a command I did and it worked:
create nhood1

editor.w

editor2.fin(
bush2 (nocoll)
leaf1 (nocoll)
plant4 (nocoll))
This worked, I had those instances without collision.

But when I tried to add surfaces via .taz file using RVGlue those instances were again solid.

Here's the command I used for the surfaces, and this one didn't work:
create nhood1

editor.w
(

tazsplit (
    NHood1.taz
         1 ( surface 12 )
         2 ( surface 20 )
                       )

)
Luckly I backed up the track before using surface command and I still have the track without surfaces.
The thing is that the surfaces work but those .prms are solid.
And no, I don't want to hear something like "Glue the files that you need glued, then place the instances that shouldn't have collision."

So, what could I do to fix this bad thing?

Made already 6 tests and the same answer!

Posted: 03 Feb 2010, 00:51
urnemanden
If you do not want to wait using the nocoll instances after placing all collisioned instances, you should consider merging the two commands together, so you don't have to run RV-Glue twice.

Posted: 03 Feb 2010, 03:09
miromiro
Once or twice is not so importantly.
I need some command...
I really don't know what I could do...
Maybe to make a copy but with another folder & files name, to delete everything that needs collision, and to leave only those that don't need. Then to delete from the other track those that don't need collision, to glue, add surface, then to place the .fin file with only the unglued from the copied one, and to move them in the old.

I don't hope someone to understand what I mean.

Posted: 03 Feb 2010, 06:14
Manmountain
I would create two(2) glued track files.
1 the solid objects plus surface properties,
2 the visual.

Create 2 fin files, the first contains everything, glue this and save the world(.W) file as your visual track.
Then using the original fin file, delete all that you don't want as solid and save this fin file, then glue again and add surface properties at the same time, save the .NCP file as you solid track.

Just remember to BACKUP all files at each different stage.

Posted: 03 Feb 2010, 14:46
urnemanden
miromiro @ Feb 2 2010, 10:39 PM wrote: Once or twice is not so importantly.
Well, it is if you don't want to end up with two world files and two ncp files. This way you just have to define what prms in your folder needs nocoll or not and at the same time add surfaces to your track.

Posted: 03 Feb 2010, 15:04
miromiro
Manmountain @ Feb 3 2010, 01:44 AM wrote: I would create two(2) glued track files.
1 the solid objects plus surface properties,
2 the visual.

Create 2 fin files, the first contains everything, glue this and save the world(.W) file as your visual track.
Then using the original fin file, delete all that you don't want as solid and save this fin file, then glue again and add surface properties at the same time, save the .NCP file as you solid track.

Just remember to BACKUP all files at each different stage.
Thanks Manmountain!
Yes, somehow that's what I wanted to say, but you said it better.
I will try this and tell you if it worked!

And Urne, thanks for help and warning too, will tell you both what will happen!

Posted: 06 Feb 2010, 23:30
nero
Cool Miro, did it work? Or is that track Sk8volt?

---

I've had problems making Street Racing 10 times worse than this and you see me whining??? haha

Posted: 07 Feb 2010, 01:22
miromiro
No, it is a Jungle track with R6TurboExtreme.
At SkateVolt I didn't add surface properties.