Page 1 of 1
Posted: 24 Oct 2009, 19:49
Dave-o-rama
Right now I'm making a track and I've kinda run into a problem.

Let's say, for example, that I make a lego track.
Then, I paint some pretty textures on it and then decide to do some work with RvGlue.
So, I use this command file and rvglue to delete any hidden walls under the track, get rid of the other stuff, and make the track itself and the blue walls doublesided:

Quote:
create nhood1

editor.w(
legosplit(
lamp (off)
box (off)
rwall (off)
carimg (off)
track (doublesided)
pwall (doublesided)
floor (off)
)
tazsplit(
nhood1.taz
0 (off)
1 (transparency 160)
)
wall_single a:0,0:90x98
)

After that, I cut the entire track out of the .w file and turned it into an instance.
Then, I took an empty .w file, inserted my instance in it, and flipped it over so I have an inside-out lego track to race.
With my inside out track in place, I glued it in place with RvGlue so now I can make something useful out of it.
And now, when I try to race it, the inside-out track isn't solid, and my car just falls forever.
I know that making a model in Re-volt doublesided using RvGlue only makes it visually doublesided, and it doesn't take care of the collision.

Here's the question:
Does anybody know how to make the side of the track in the top picture drivable (preferably without rebuilding the entire track in a 3d modeler just for the collision file)?

Posted: 24 Oct 2009, 20:05
miromiro
better rip all the track then rotate it

Posted: 24 Oct 2009, 21:04
urnemanden
I don't think you can avoid importing it into the 3D modeller unless you wanna edit the ncp file manually. And even if you did import it into 3ds max for example, you still had to flip every single face 180 degrees, before having a driveable track.

Posted: 24 Oct 2009, 22:12
hilaire9
A double-sided polygon only has collision data on the original face.

Posted: 24 Oct 2009, 23:23
zipperrulez
you made it an prm, so try running it through prm2ncp? then glue.
dunno if this will work but its worth a shot.

Posted: 25 Oct 2009, 01:25
KDL
agree with zipperrulez

NCP is the one that has collisions data, by remaking it, all goes to be fine

Posted: 25 Oct 2009, 01:32
miromiro
i think this is offtopic but
if you rip the whole track and resize it with RV Sizer and make it double
the polies will be still under 16000 or will be double polies too ?

Posted: 25 Oct 2009, 04:32
MOH
rv sizer wont make any more polies, it will still be the same

Posted: 25 Oct 2009, 05:00
Killer Wheels
You don't need to use the (doublesided) option.
Turn your track into a *.prm file (multiple small *prm files are better than one big file, but it's harder to work with), then use RVsizer and scale it by -1.

Then all you've to do is use the prm2ncp utility, and you're almost done.

Good luck ;)

Posted: 25 Oct 2009, 15:32
nero
Hey i was about to say that,i don't even have time to reply!!! :angry: lol :lol:

Posted: 27 Oct 2009, 04:32
Dave-o-rama
Killer Wheels @ Oct 24 2009, 07:30 PM wrote: You don't need to use the (doublesided) option.
Turn your track into a *.prm file (multiple small *prm files are better than one big file, but it's harder to work with), then use RVsizer and scale it by -1.
If i've already doublesided the track, can I still use Rvsizer to invert it and get the proper collision, or will I have redo the whole thing to get it right? (I'm OK with it either way)

Posted: 27 Oct 2009, 07:41
zagames
It would be best to start over. Seeing as you now have double the polies being drawn.