Page 1 of 1
Posted: 21 Oct 2009, 22:35
urnemanden

Hello,
I would like to present my recently submitted track JungleVolt for you all. It's a track based in a surreal world deep inside the jungle of Guigaga. The old road seems pretty smooth, but once you've entered the big areas of slippery grass, it'll get harder getting shortcuts and other hidden kind of splitways. If you however, manage to keep the control of your car, you can in that way win the race againt the AI or against other Re-Volt players.

Download Options:

RVZT.net (Release 1, no music added)
Urnemanden.com (Release 1, music added)

I hope you appreciate racing it. I would like to improve my way to work with the mesh and the quality of my tracks overall, so if your considering giving me constructive critism, go ahead. Also, please report any bugs you find to me. I will then update both tracks as soon as possible.

Posted: 21 Oct 2009, 23:14
miromiro
Man
this track is FINALLY finished !
were 6 months of work , right ?

Posted: 22 Oct 2009, 00:34
KDL
no, were 9

and the 3D work is fantastic :D

too bad, took too much time for short track, hoping we see other versions soon (based on the same 3ds max kit) :)

great work

Posted: 22 Oct 2009, 17:48
MOH
i have to say its the most fun 300m ish track ive ever played, because of the really interesting trees, and all of the different models, i have fun driving because im always noticing different models etc.just shows that tracks dont have to be long and challenging, they can be short and awesome!

Posted: 22 Oct 2009, 18:12
urnemanden
I am so glad that most of you like it.

Right now I am working on the update pack that should contain:
- ENV
- Triggers
- Camera Nodes
- Bugfixes
- Object adjustments

Therefore it is important for me that if you find anything that might need a fix or a total remake, please tell me. I will add it to the next update and hopefully be able to release this update within the next week.

Thanks again for the feedback!

Posted: 11 Nov 2009, 22:12
urnemanden
I updated JungleVolt and created a DEV compatible version of the track. Both is available at Urnemanden.com (the promised triggers and camera nodes has not been made because of a keyboard compatibilty failure).

EDIT: I updated the zip files once again with a new .w, .ncp and .taz file to prevent racers from getting the red X when trying to do a fast race. Thank to Irck for the tip! :)

Posted: 12 Nov 2009, 02:48
zipperrulez
after getting the star it sometimes resets me right as i am going back on track.

Posted: 12 Nov 2009, 13:27
urnemanden
Hey zipperrulez, thanks for taking that bug up. I just need to know more precise where the problem is happening.

To me it looks like your getting replaced because the track zone number 26 is too short. Can you confirm this or tell me more exactly where it is if I am wrong?

Thanks! :D

Posted: 12 Nov 2009, 16:12
Crone94
This is a shot in the dark, but might it be because you're skipping zone 27?
I mean driving offroad for a bit instead of heading straight for the road is probably the fastest way.

Posted: 12 Nov 2009, 16:16
urnemanden
If that's the problem, I'll be able to decrease the length of the Zone 28 and make Zone 27+26 a bit longer.

Posted: 12 Jan 2010, 01:53
urnemanden
New JungleVolt update available!

JungleVolt has been updated & a new version has been released.

The update contains:
- New trigger file, thanks to hilaire9 for fixing them.
- A new track zone that fixes the problem zipperrulez and hilaire9 reported.

The new release is an updated version of JungleVolt, now compatible with the 512 patch by jigebren. This version has a HQ score at 69% and includes the official JungleVolt theme orgiinally created for the never-finished Full Custom version of JungleVolt.

Download JungleVolt:

- JungleVolt 1.2 (256)
- JungleVolt 1.2 (512 compatible, FC]

(HQ Score is based on amount of texture parts in full format divided by amount of textures overall - If the HQ score is 69%, 69% of the track's textures isn't just re-sized up, but in higher quality than the original 256x256 textures.)

Posted: 12 Jan 2010, 02:29
miromiro
Is nice to see Urnemanden trying to make great tracks and then make them better and better for us to be sure that everyone like it.
Good job man, keep trying and you will get what you are looking for ;).

Posted: 12 Jan 2010, 05:25
human
hey urne,
wonderful track, very nicely done. i like the broken down vehicle, its cool.
i downloaded the track from the second link above, but still get repositioned when going for the star, right after getting it. i havent tried the FC yet, because there was a problem, the batch file said "directory already exists" or something like that, maybe i didnt uninstall the former version of the track before unzipping this updated one, i cant remember, ill try again to reinstall.
nice job on the textures and the trees.

Posted: 12 Jan 2010, 12:24
urnemanden
Thanks for the feedback both of you.

Human, if the directory aleready exists (GFXBackups), you may need to uninstall and be sure that the original bmp's is inside the gfx folder and that the deletion of the folder, GFXBackups was deleted. If they are, run the installer. It will then create the GFXBackups folder again and move the original fxpages and spru to there.

The track zone I've added is placed as you can see in the image below. If can eventually expand it or insert another track zone to fix your problem if it is because you are driving too long off-road.

Hope you make things working again!

Posted: 12 Jan 2010, 15:21
human
well, the reposition thing happens right after the star, while being midair, flying back towards the road, i would say 1,5 meter away from the star.
and i didnt find the original fxpage bmp files when i checked them, so i needed to unzip them again from the 512 texture pack.
but as i said, maybe i overwrote the original junglevolt folder and maybe my unzip options were set to dont overwrite existing files, that could be an explanation, im sure i can make it work, probably by doing a clear junglevolt install, once i have a little spare time.

Posted: 12 Jan 2010, 16:05
urnemanden
Well, as you see below there is a little empty space 1-2 meters behind the star to the right. But I was unable to take the star and reach this space myself without going directly backwards, so I think it would be a good idea to completely delete JungleVolt and re-install it again. The zip is packed correctly, I just double-checked in this morning.

EDIT:
Here is the original gfx'es from Jigebren's texture pack, so you don't have to search through the whole package after them in-case you accidentically overwrote them when you installed the JungleVolt theme pack.

512patchgfx.zip