Page 1 of 1
Posted: 28 Nov 2005, 07:29
Manmountain
I am interested to know if any of you have received a good layer of snow yet ?

As the UK weather forcasts have been teasing me, suggesting a good snow fall, but as yet NOTHING! <_<

Please give your location and amounts, any snap shots would be nice B)

Thanks, ;)

Posted: 28 Nov 2005, 18:09
arto
Yep,

got snow during the weekend in Helsinki Megacity. Not much, I guess around 5cm, but everything was for a while nice and white.

Then came the wretched monday with the wrath of god pouring rain from the sky. Now all is melting.

I wish snow for everyone!

Posted: 28 Nov 2005, 21:04
sjampo
edit

Posted: 29 Nov 2005, 00:17
Manmountain
lol :D

We actually got a light sprinkling of snow today while I was out shopping, but before I could get home to get photographic proof, it had all gone :(

I'm hoping we get a few inches (thats 5-7cm ;) ) over night.

Posted: 29 Nov 2005, 01:06
sjampo
edit

Posted: 29 Nov 2005, 01:32
Manmountain
Totally awesome!

I wish we had that amount of snow fall.

Looks COOL, if you pardon the pun :P

Posted: 29 Nov 2005, 12:33
arto
What's up with that, Netherlands having more snow than Finland? The times they are strange indeed.

It's snowing again a bit, but it's too warm to hold on for long :(.

Posted: 02 Dec 2005, 23:50
Killer Wheels
2 or 3 cm for a short short time 2 or 3 weeks ago... :(

Plz sjampo be cool :ph43r: !!!

:P

Posted: 03 Mar 2006, 20:04
Manmountain
Spring is here and we got snow.
It's coming down as I type, about an inch so far.
I hope it last's the weekend :P

Posted: 26 Mar 2006, 03:03
racer of all
UK notts, no snow all winter exept 3cm at most on 2 days :(

Posted: 26 Mar 2006, 15:15
arto
Still snowy here. But the sun is shining and it looks like the snow will soon melt away.

I have to say I've been very happy about how the winter was this year. Cold and snowy almost all the time, like it should be.

Posted: 14 Jan 2007, 16:57
Manmountain
During the winter months and the main off season of motorsport's, I watch/follow the winter sports, mainly the skiing events, Alpine Skiing, Biathlon, Cross Country, Nordic Combined and Ski Jumping.

What I have noticed is that the majority of meetings so far have had very little if any snow, some of the schedualed meetings have been canceled or moved because of lack of snow.

A few of the meetings have had snow/ice driven in by the truck load from other souces such as fish markets, just to get the tracks laid with enough depth.

Even during the races, the tracks have deteriated to slush due to the warm weather conditions.

Is this the worst season for winter sports ? have any of you thought that it is milder in your region than normal ?

Is global warming speeding up ?

Give me a report on your local snow fall this year. I understand that this is mainly for the European part of the community so no sarcast remarks from you who never really get snow in your neck of the woods. :P

Posted: 14 Jan 2007, 23:04
revoltkid
arto @ Nov 29 2005, 08:03 AM wrote: What's up with that, Netherlands having more snow than Finland? The times they are strange indeed.

It's snowing again a bit, but it's too warm to hold on for long :(.
EL NIMELO

Posted: 14 Jan 2007, 23:10
revoltkid
here in southwest ohio, it usually snows like crazy, but this year, none at all.
this is because of the el nimelo down in the south
but because of the el nimelo, it gives us good odds of have allot of snow next year because of next years la nimelo.

Posted: 15 Jan 2007, 15:43
jaseaka
no fair, there's no snow here in the whack south carolina, sometimes just ice that make me slip all over the place, but there was some good snow fall sometime probaly 1988 or 89, but that's about it :(

hey, i wanna be in a catogory too not just regular

Posted: 16 Jan 2007, 12:01
re_volt
Previous day:Lots of snow falling here on Finland.
This day:Only some.
Next day:I would like to say bye-bye for all snow.

Posted: 17 Jan 2007, 07:14
revoltkid
ealier today while i was at school, it wqas snowing, but when i got hope it was still snowing and like i said i live in southwest ohio, and now it stoped
even though they were just fleries, nothing much, i wish it would stick

Posted: 17 Jan 2007, 17:17
Manmountain
Well, the winter season here has been so mild the plants and trees are reacting as if it were spring.
We haven't had any snow at all and very few days with temperatures of less than 5ยบ C.

Posted: 18 Jan 2007, 02:21
revoltkid
same here, now the ongion grass is blooming and some of the flowers are popping out.

Posted: 24 Jan 2007, 06:48
APM
Here in sunny San Diego, night temperatures reach freezing!

Posted: 24 Jan 2007, 06:55
Manmountain
We actually got our first bit of SNOW that has settled, it's about half inch/ 10mm in the deepest spots.
Not too sure if it will be still there in the morning. :rolleyes: If it is I'll try and take a pic for proof. ;)

Posted: 24 Jan 2007, 07:06
APM
A few days ago, I remember hearing on the news that there were snow flurries in the very early morning. But San Diego hasn't expirenced much snow.

Posted: 24 Jan 2007, 11:25
re_volt
Snow coming again
(yippee)

Posted: 24 Jan 2007, 23:57
Manmountain
Nope! it didn't last. :(

Posted: 06 Jan 2012, 02:58
Daniel_Revay
Romania, and it's past new year a few days.
No snow still. :(

Posted: 08 Jan 2012, 02:43
Pyves
No snow in France either! <_<