Page 1 of 1
Posted: 20 Sep 2009, 12:52
miromiro
Hey,

i saw when i made ai nodes for a track a lot of choices. One of them was pickup rotate another turbo zone ... and a lot of others. what happens if i use those lines ? i wanna an explaining for each line ...
if someone know ... i really wanna to "Control" the AI cars to drive where i wanna but i dunno how ..
tell me what happens.

Posted: 20 Sep 2009, 21:53
Piereligio
I don't know the turbo zones, but in there you can change the speed of the AI cars.
I used the AI in my mod, for make the cars go slower.

Posted: 21 Sep 2009, 01:40
Aeon
Speed 15, 20, 25 and 30 are pretty obvious - if the car is going faster than that, they slow down to that speed.

Racing line is default.

Turbo line, I'm just guessing based on its usage, tells cars with turbo powerups that this is a good spot to use them.

Off throttle tells the car to take its foot off the gas.

Petrol throttle, I believe, tells the car to sort of "tap the throttle", or give it a little gas but not all of it.

Powerups are used for when there's a powerup there. If the car already has a powerup, they will, of course, ignore this. The likelihood of a car taking the powerup route when they need a powerup is based on the car's PickupBias AI setting.

Bumpy - or whatever it was called - is a route that is more likely to be chosen by cars which have a high Suspension AI setting.

I think there was one called Barrel Roll or something, which I'd imagine tells the car how to behave in a pipe.

I can't remember what the other settings are, though.

Posted: 21 Sep 2009, 22:29
miromiro
OK Aeon , thanks a lot and i think that the bumpy is interesting ;)