Page 1 of 1
Posted: 15 Sep 2009, 03:26
Skarma
I never bothered to post this, but I might aswell now...
I've been playing Revolt without sound for a long time now because the PC I currently use to play Revolt on doesnt play sound correctly. It's quite old but I think thats irrelevant.

I'll try to describe the problem as best as I can.

If I turn the sound on, any sound that is made after that then begins to skip and continues for about 3 seconds. (Usually)

Here is an example

When a glow car shoots a firework and it explodes, the sound will drag on for about a full minute or so with constant skipping inbetween. Sounds like the game has hiccups.

Instead of the game just playing sounds as normal, it just sounds like a glitchfest and it burns my ears. Can you imagine playing Revolt with NO SOUND? I've had to for the past half a year or so. This problem only affects Revolt. I can play any other game just fine with sound.

Does anyone know how I can fix this at all?

Posted: 15 Sep 2009, 04:43
zipperrulez
is your revolt in windows 98 compatibility mode? if so, try 95. if that doesn't work i dunno.

Posted: 15 Sep 2009, 05:45
Adamodell
Haha, all you do is post problems.

Posted: 15 Sep 2009, 07:03
zipperrulez
that is one of the reasons for a forum....

Posted: 15 Sep 2009, 08:04
jaseaka
useless comment so i deleted

Posted: 15 Sep 2009, 08:18
zagames
For some reason, not of my PC's (XP or Vista) require compatibility mode. When I attempt to use compatibility mode, I get the same sound issues.

Posted: 15 Sep 2009, 10:57
urnemanden
On my old Windows XP I had the same issue due to the sound drivers I had. See, I just got a 5.1 surround system and an external sound card. Unfortunately the drivers/software wasn't compatible with Re-Volt's 3D sounds at all, because it made my sound lack the same way you describe it.

I fixed this issue by simply uninstall Re-Volt (I had 1207) and installed Re-Volt v. 1.00 since this version doesn't include the 3D sound settings. Neither does the 1906, so if your using 1207 then this might be your problem.

About the Win98 compatibilty Zach is saying, I had the same problem before too. I never used Win98 compatibilty on my old XP because it made the sound lack.