Page 1 of 2
Posted: 19 Aug 2009, 16:17
miromiro
Hello ,
I saw in the last time a lot of active track makers. I really don't know who fight with who and who is the best. So here is a list of the tracks makers. Just tell me with a post the best tracks maker from now and from the past . Here's the list.

1. Nero
2. miromiro
3. Urnemanden
4. Crone94
5. Human
6. TomoAlien
7. Gabor
8. Kalle553
9. Zipperrulez
10. ManMountain
11. TheMeAndMe
12. RickyD
13. Aeon
14. Adamodell
15. Hilaire9
16. Jaseaka
17. RST
18. Huki
19. Gaming4JC
20. Killer Wheels
21. Romeo (smag)
22. Fabit
23. Spaceman
24. Dave-o-rama
25. MOH
26. Aylown
27. Krisss
28. Giulioilgrande
29. flyboy
30. bertoids
31. Yamada
32. Vio_Volt
33. Ali
34. Supertard
35. Sclonk
36. Skitch2
37. Alex Coombes
38. ZAGames
39. Antimorph
40. BK
41. Toffe
42. Nairb
43. JimK
44. PatS
45. Kevinelix
46. Cool33
47. Hades
48. Kilo
49. SRMalloy
50. Shawn64

and more other great track makers.
know someone who's the best ?

Posted: 19 Aug 2009, 18:58
nero
Well,i never!
At first,i thougt it was a poll,but it's not! :lol: :huh:

Well it's glad to hear this,but there is a Re-Volt Wiki about this? :rolleyes:

Posted: 19 Aug 2009, 23:22
zipperrulez
Human, hilaire9, rickyd, skitch2, killerwheels are the best in my opinion.
urne and crone made some fun ones too.

Posted: 20 Aug 2009, 00:19
Crone94
zipperrulez @ Aug 19 2009, 06:52 PM wrote: Human, hilaire9, rickyd, skitch2, killerwheels are the best in my opinion.
Dont you even dare to forget people like Gabor, Scloink and BK. Zach deserves to be among them as well.

Posted: 20 Aug 2009, 00:46
jaseaka
all have their own style to track making. plus u cannot say this person is better than that person in general b/c some may only like track w/ wide open spaces, full of obstacles, smooth transitions , many alt race lines, or tight and cramp, realistic or not, or wall bangers

Posted: 20 Aug 2009, 00:55
nero
Ummm,do'nt forget to include Sims and AndrĂ¡s there... ;)

Posted: 20 Aug 2009, 01:00
Manmountain
jaseaka @ Aug 19 2009, 08:16 PM wrote:all have their own style to track making. plus u cannot say this person is better than that person in general b/c some may only like track w/ wide open spaces, full of obstacles, smooth transitions , many alt race lines, or tight and cramp, realistic or not, or wall bangers
Jase is quite right.
You can not compare Hil's work to anyone else's, his tracks have their own unique theme.

Why my name is up there I don't know, I have never considered any of my tracks better than a good lego track.

Extreme custom track makers are the best track makers, individual styles and themes would dictate a winner dependent on personal preference.

The best track that dictates the best track maker is not the best themed or perfectly made, but the track that you most enjoy racing.

I do not like these kind of threads, they never end positively. <_<

Posted: 20 Aug 2009, 01:11
nero
Manmountain @ Aug 19 2009, 08:30 PM wrote:
jaseaka @ Aug 19 2009, 08:16 PM wrote:all have their own style to track making. plus u cannot say this person is better than that person in general b/c some may only like track w/ wide open spaces, full of obstacles, smooth transitions , many alt race lines, or tight and cramp, realistic or not, or wall bangers
Jase is quite right.
You can not compare Hil's work to anyone else's, his tracks have their own unique theme.

Why my name is up there I don't know, I have never considered any of my tracks better than a good lego track.

Extreme custom track makers are the best track makers, individual styles and themes would dictate a winner dependent on personal preference.

The best track that dictates the best track maker is not the best themed or perfectly made, but the track that you most enjoy racing.

But MM,there is no poll!
So that means no violence! :D

Posted: 20 Aug 2009, 04:47
zipperrulez
Crone94 @ Aug 19 2009, 07:49 PM wrote:
zipperrulez @ Aug 19 2009, 06:52 PM wrote: Human, hilaire9, rickyd, skitch2, killerwheels are the best in my opinion.
Dont you even dare to forget people like Gabor, Scloink and BK. Zach deserves to be among them as well.
there are so many good ones... lol.

Posted: 20 Aug 2009, 06:05
Aeon
Skitch2, human and Gabor Kozma have the best track quality in my opinion. As for "most fun", that's totally up to personal preference, as well as the kind of cars you're driving. I really enjoy some of those futuristic tracks as well as the rally tracks, and I don't always like racing on tracks designed for RC cars.

Posted: 20 Aug 2009, 06:17
human
what we should honour is how much somebody has been supporting the community. it can be done by making tracks, maintaining websites, organizing racings, creating softwares, or answering questions in forums. there is no best from this point of view either, but theres no need to be the best. being useful is what counts.

Posted: 20 Aug 2009, 07:26
zagames
Fine, fine. I'll admit it. I'm the best... Just kidding guys. There are tons of great track makers. I think some of the best track makers incorporate the most detail, while staying within decent poly limits and attempting to create a good track flow. Something I've been striving for, but still haven't totally gotten it.

Posted: 20 Aug 2009, 11:32
miromiro
Manmountain @ Aug 19 2009, 08:30 PM wrote:
Jase is quite right.

Well , I just wanted to know who is the best. Sure all could be the best , but i just wanted to know if is a favourite one here. I didn't write more as i knew. I'm sure that there are more. Also thanks for replying guys ;). I hope more guys will post their options soon :)

Posted: 21 Aug 2009, 05:47
Adamodell
I remember making a topic that was the same thing except car-maker based.
I got incessantly flamed. You aren't supposed to compare, Adam. In fact, now I think that topic I made was stupid.

Yet, everyone's fine with this. Or at least, not as irked. WTF?!
Oh, I'm number 14. I shouldn't be on that list! Haha. I was terrible!

Posted: 21 Aug 2009, 11:34
miromiro
Hehe , you made some nice tracks. Im worse than you.

Posted: 21 Aug 2009, 13:55
nero
Adamodell @ Aug 21 2009, 01:17 AM wrote: I remember making a topic that was the same thing except car-maker based.
I got incessantly flamed. You aren't supposed to compare, Adam. In fact, now I think that topic I made was stupid.

Yet, everyone's fine with this. Or at least, not as irked. WTF?!
Oh, I'm number 14. I shouldn't be on that list! Haha. I was terrible!
The difference is the is no poll... ;)

Posted: 21 Aug 2009, 14:58
KDL
Gabor, Human, Hilaire9 ,Skitch2 and Zach
as in alphabetic order :)

Posted: 21 Aug 2009, 15:17
miromiro
um..
Hilaire9 i think is the best. Gabor made just 3 tracks. And i guarrante that all the downloads of hil's tracks from rvzt make a bigger number than Gabor's tracks. Hilaire9 is more popular ;)

Posted: 21 Aug 2009, 18:07
urnemanden
I don't care. The topic is rather stupid than useful.

Posted: 21 Aug 2009, 18:26
miromiro
... no comments ....

Posted: 21 Aug 2009, 18:33
nero
And the best Non-3D track maker? :rolleyes:

Posted: 21 Aug 2009, 21:31
Aylown
...Naaaaaaaaaah...too easy :P

Posted: 21 Aug 2009, 21:35
nero
Making a Non-3D track is easy. :P
You just need your unique ways to make it special. ;)

Posted: 21 Aug 2009, 21:40
miromiro
Like making a track with .prms ?

Posted: 21 Aug 2009, 21:41
nero
Yes,that's what i'm talking about.

Posted: 21 Aug 2009, 22:10
nero
I also think this topic is on it's last legs... ;)

Posted: 21 Aug 2009, 22:18
Crone94
nero @ Aug 21 2009, 05:05 PM wrote: Making a Non-3D track is easy. :P
You just need your unique ways to make it special. ;)
Like making your own textures.

I think it would be spaceman, correct me if im wrong but i think Re-ville was created only by using prm's from revolt, they are just resized, remapped and so on.
Also Bone Island is one of my favorites which doesnt have any 3d programs involved. You can drive it 20 laps in a row and have need to drive it again in your attempt to get a clean lap.

Domestic disturbance (Pat S) as well, extremely nice, very hard and very detailed without any use of 3d software

Posted: 21 Aug 2009, 22:55
Aeon
miromiro @ Aug 21 2009, 01:47 AM wrote: um..
Hilaire9 i think is the best.
Hilaire slaps too many obnoxious billboards on all of his tracks for me to like them. :P

And I don't think you can judge someone's track making abilities by how many they've made.

Posted: 21 Aug 2009, 23:00
urnemanden
On one side you can say that the more tracks the more experience. On the other side, the more tracks the more quantity

Posted: 21 Aug 2009, 23:11
Crone94
Always quality before quantity

Posted: 21 Aug 2009, 23:55
arto
Crone94 @ Aug 21 2009, 06:41 PM wrote: Always quality before quantity
Depends on the quality and the quantity.

Posted: 22 Aug 2009, 00:05
miromiro
Yes , quality and activity. This mean to make more than 5 tracks.

Posted: 22 Aug 2009, 00:31
urnemanden
If you are restricting yourself and if that is your goal, then I have hard seeing how your tracks will end up. "I have to make 5 tracks" is like saying "I have to eat that pancake within 5 minutes". You won't enjoy it at all.

Posted: 22 Aug 2009, 00:33
miromiro
I meant that if you have talent like had Gabor you can make more tracks. I really don't know how he simple leaved the track making after 3 great tracks.

Posted: 22 Aug 2009, 02:51
hilaire9
I like pancakes!

Posted: 22 Aug 2009, 03:47
Manmountain
miromiro @ Aug 21 2009, 08:03 PM wrote:I meant that if you have talent like had Gabor you can make more tracks. I really don't know how he simple leaved the track making after 3 great tracks.
Gabor created his just 3 tracks way back when custom track making was in its infancy, and yet those tracks still receive an incredible amount of praise towards their construction and theme. B)

I am unsure of what it is you wish to inspire or provoke with this thread ?
I like to think that the best tracks are Grand Prix styled racing circuits, not any particular author, but that is just my personal preference.
You'd be better asking which topping people would prefer on those pancakes, and if it takes me longer than five minutes to eat a small stack of pancakes then their not worth eating. :D

Posted: 22 Aug 2009, 04:10
Aeon
And as has been mentioned earlier, there are different things to look at as to whether a track is good or not. That's why track ratings come in different sections. And not everyone has the same opinion of what is good in each section.

Some tracks are prettier than others. In this category, I think Gabor, human and Skitch2 win out.

Other tracks may be smoother or more challenging to drive than others. Depends on what the player likes.

Still others may have superb AI, but not be very impressive visually. The most challenging AI I've raced against was on a lego track. Of course, this also depends on the cars you're driving.

So if you're going to ask for people's opinions on "best", then you should be more specific on what you're looking for. Are you looking for the "best" driving challenge, the "best" fluid track, the "best" visuals? Or perhaps the "best" AI challenge?

[EDIT] Or as MM just pointed out, who makes the "best" Grand Prix style tracks? Or which Grand Prix style tracks are the best?

--

And honestly, its probably less meaningful to ask who the "best" authors are in most of these cases versus asking which the best tracks are. The authors don't matter if you're looking for certain aspects of a track, since the only thing that's generally consisted between authors are the visual styles.

Posted: 22 Aug 2009, 11:27
miromiro
Manmountain @ Aug 21 2009, 11:17 PM wrote:
miromiro @ Aug 21 2009, 08:03 PM wrote:I meant that if you have talent like had Gabor you can make more tracks. I really don't know how he simple leaved the track making after 3 great tracks.
Gabor created his just 3 tracks way back when custom track making was in its infancy, and yet those tracks still receive an incredible amount of praise towards their construction and theme. B)

I am unsure of what it is you wish to inspire or provoke with this thread ?
I like to think that the best tracks are Grand Prix styled racing circuits, not any particular author, but that is just my personal preference.
You'd be better asking which topping people would prefer on those pancakes, and if it takes me longer than five minutes to eat a small stack of pancakes then their not worth eating. :D
Well smag has some top tracks too and Fabit. Fabit made a lot of tracks and spaceman is really great too.

Posted: 22 Aug 2009, 13:51
nero
hilaire9 @ Aug 21 2009, 10:21 PM wrote:I like pancakes!

WTF is that doing here!?

Posted: 22 Aug 2009, 14:20
miromiro
He like track making and pancakes. I think he is right. Who don't like pancakes ?

Posted: 22 Aug 2009, 22:03
arto
miromiro @ Aug 22 2009, 09:50 AM wrote: Who don't like pancakes ?
I don't.

Posted: 22 Aug 2009, 23:22
Adamodell
I like waffles more. Sweet sweet luscious waffles... O.o

Posted: 23 Aug 2009, 01:15
zipperrulez
french toast, mm. but this is way offtopic :lol:

Posted: 23 Aug 2009, 01:30
Adamodell
Oh, and Shawn64 being #50 makes you think that maybe he was an afterthought on your list.
And that fact that I myself beat him makes me question how sober you are.
I'm not just saying this because he ain't around any more either, he simply deserves a far higher position than that if you even think rating is right to begin with.

Posted: 23 Aug 2009, 09:11
zipperrulez
i believe he just randomly listed themn

Posted: 23 Aug 2009, 14:22
nero
zipperrulez @ Aug 23 2009, 04:41 AM wrote: i believe he just randomly listed themn
Yeah...
Excpt the fact that i'm No.1.
That means i'm the best... ;)

Posted: 23 Aug 2009, 15:32
miromiro
Guys , how i added you in the list is = with 0. I added you there how you arrived in my mind.

Posted: 23 Aug 2009, 15:38
Skitch2
Was it Shawn64 who passed away?
Cant quite remember it was a while back now.

In my op, Re-Ville will never be beat.
This has to be Re-Volts greatest build.
Making a track in Max is simple in comparison.
(although i think the artwork in my "images of Giza" is pretty cool too lol)

Posted: 23 Aug 2009, 19:32
Aylown
Skitch2 @ Aug 23 2009, 11:08 AM wrote: Was it Shawn64 who passed away?

The effect of the closing behind doors on Giza is quite nice,indeed!

Posted: 23 Aug 2009, 21:38
zipperrulez
Skitch2 @ Aug 23 2009, 11:08 AM wrote: Was it Shawn64 who passed away?

yeah shawn passed.
reville rocks, my second fav track.