Page 1 of 1
Posted: 27 Jul 2009, 01:09
Aeon
Please stop posting links all over the place to things which are located in RRR where NOBODY EXCEPT YOU can access it. It makes your Wiki thoroughly useless for the rest of us when its full of inaccessible links.

I mean, seriously, you have a wiki, post the information ON the wiki, don't just post links to a forum that most people can't access.

Thank you.

Posted: 27 Jul 2009, 01:10
miromiro
What do you mean Aeon ?

EDIT : what info to post on thw wiki ?

Posted: 27 Jul 2009, 01:17
Aeon
Referring to http://revolt.wikia.com/wiki/Blender at the moment.

It is useless for them to explain that, yes, you can make Blender models work in Re-Volt, but if you want to do it, the tutorial is locked up on a forum that you can't access, so nyah! Great way to encourage more content for this game, guys.

Posted: 27 Jul 2009, 01:21
miromiro
Well , the wiki page is for information. But the discussion is on the forums.
On the wiki page are more informations about a member than in his profile.
So then , yes , we need wiki to post our creations and the forums to post
our questions and other discussion about our creations and at final to post
the finished creation ;)

Posted: 27 Jul 2009, 04:15
Aeon
If the wiki is for information then the tutorials and such should be on the wiki. I don't care where the discussion is, the end result should be on the wiki.

Posted: 27 Jul 2009, 04:20
Aylown
I agree 100% with you Aeon,IMHO this is a dirty trick to once again split the community

And don't expect Hail RST to do something about that :lol:

Posted: 27 Jul 2009, 07:53
zipperrulez
this wiki is so biased its not even funny.

Posted: 27 Jul 2009, 11:05
miromiro
Well Gaming4JC is the admin on wiki.
And also he is the best friend of RST.
And also because RST have this part of the community
can tell whenever he want to Gaming4JC to delete something
so I don't say is a bad idea but we need "shortcuts" on the forums too
just to be sure we don't lose the projects.

Posted: 27 Jul 2009, 22:16
Aylown
miromiro @ Jul 27 2009, 06:35 AM wrote: Well Gaming4JC is the admin on wiki.
And also he is the best friend of RST.
And also because RST have this part of the community
can tell whenever he want to Gaming4JC to delete something
so I don't say is a bad idea but we need "shortcuts" on the forums too
just to be sure we don't lose the projects.
True,but what is the goddamn use of a "shortcut" to something you can't access? And that is because the Mighty Ruler of it doesn't want to help the community,he cares for his small square of it...

Gaming is a nice guy,RST is a power hungry and crazy dictator,I kinda fell sad for him,but mostly he is too small a annoyance to even care about,the guy is engulfed in his own delusions

I'll write my article on it also,and maybe edit something,to make it closer to the reality

RST is not competent enough to beat us "sacred cows",so he tries to be a bitch with his "All your base are belong to us" speach

One word to finish it:

Moooooooooooooooooooo

Posted: 27 Jul 2009, 22:41
miromiro
Well , yes. Gaming4JC is a good guy. But if RST will pester him much to delete
our projects from wiki maybe he will do that. Also we don't speak here about
RST. We speak here about Re-Volt The Wiki and Gaming4JC. Sure RRR is supported
by wiki but Gaming4JC should remember RRR is just a part of the community. However , good luck :P

Posted: 27 Jul 2009, 22:59
Aylown
He may delete,it's no use to the rest of the community,just to the RRR part,which frankly does not need the wiki to know about those projects

So as I said,it becomes marketing...'Nuff said...

Cheers

Posted: 27 Jul 2009, 23:20
Adamodell
Don't be hating on G4JC anyway.

But yeah, biased to hell and back. Really it's only because no one from around here really touches the thing... need more uniform input.

And yes Aeon I obviously agree with you (or I probably wouldn't have posted)

Posted: 27 Jul 2009, 23:24
miromiro
We don't hate Gaming4JC.
We spoke about the wiki. Also we spoke about RST who maybe will pester Gaming4JC to delete our projects what we posted on wiki.

Posted: 28 Jul 2009, 03:19
zagames
I seriously doubt that g4jc would delete any of our content, rather than RRR ranting/hating. RST can pressure him to do some stuff, but it is also that we do not have enough input. We look at it but there is not much that we add. I have actually added quite a bit (even to RST's profile) to make it more accurate and less biased. If you see something biased, correct it (if you can). Sorry Aeon, I keep forgetting to send that file to you. I also forgot to update those tracks that urne repacked. Anyways, do what you can, ask for help if there is nothing you can do. Don't rant, it's pointless. Contact someone(such as g4jc) directly through email or PM. That's it. Later guys.

Posted: 28 Jul 2009, 10:32
miromiro
I think Gaming4JC like us. I'm sure he won't delete.
But try to post and let's see what guy he is.

Posted: 28 Jul 2009, 14:58
urnemanden
That reminds me that I have to copy off all the tutorials I made for RRR and publish them on urnemanden.com. Good to hear you've noticed that I repacked some zip's, Zach :)

Posted: 29 Jul 2009, 14:03
KDL
Gaming4JC made the wiki not for having fight, but for making Re-Volt scene better ... it would be appreciated if you discussed it and complain about it in Discussion page. the article that has conflict with you should be edited to include {{POV}} (Point Of View).

So what's the fact? you just entred wiki, you found good things and bad things then go to here to discuss away the wiki, however the real support of wiki is in the Discussion (for example: http://revolt.wikia.com/wiki/User_talk:RST ) .

OK, Why don't you help us in building the Wiki.... instead of yelling on our faces? why don't you agree to make the scene better instead of arguing? if there is something wrong, you'll be thanked if you fix it. Don't forget that both of us (Gaming4JC and me) have done a hardwork to bring you the wiki... sometimes, one page of wiki takes 3 days... to be made

Nota Bene: Re-Volt wiki is powered by RRR and Alias re-volt Master, because they are the two forums that accepted to support it!

Posted: 04 Dec 2009, 20:54
nero
Aeon @ Jul 26 2009, 08:39 PM wrote:Please stop posting links all over the place to things which are located in RRR where NOBODY EXCEPT YOU can access it. It makes your Wiki thoroughly useless for the rest of us when its full of inaccessible links.

I mean, seriously, you have a wiki, post the information ON the wiki, don't just post links to a forum that most people can't access.

Thank you.
I agree.
About 90% of the News is aRRRse-T crap, 10% is rethorical non-RRR stuff that we know before the Wiki tells it to us.

That should be rather called the RRR wiki, and make a new one, for EVERYONE to access.

Posted: 05 Dec 2009, 02:57
zagames
Or you could just change the information. I find it better to modify what the RRR members have written to fit into what should be written.

Posted: 05 Dec 2009, 16:31
urnemanden
I agree. There isn't really anything to complain about when the wiki can be edited by everyone.

Posted: 06 Dec 2009, 00:06
Aeon
urnemanden @ Dec 5 2009, 03:01 AM wrote: I agree. There isn't really anything to complain about when the wiki can be edited by everyone.
Um, just the original complaint in that they're posting links to information that not everyone can read. Hard to update information that you can't access.

Posted: 06 Dec 2009, 12:36
zipperrulez
we can do it ourselves or find a way, nothing is impossible. we dont need the rrr!

Posted: 06 Dec 2009, 16:49
miromiro
The reason why on Revolt The Wiki are more things about RRR than the other community is because RRR is supporting The Wiki. All you have to do is to support the wiki too.

Posted: 07 Dec 2009, 01:00
zagames
I believe that certain information should be moved from the RRR to the wiki, that way more people can access it. I also think that some of the RRR's information, etc, are a person's own work and therefore he/she can choose what to do with it. I think that everyone should support the wiki in ever way they can. We don't need to divide ourselves any further. I think the more we try to cooperate, the more willing they will be. It seems that both sides push apart. It only takes one to bring them back together. I know that RRR started the wiki, but it's open for everyone. We can have the greater positive influence.

Posted: 07 Dec 2009, 19:56
nero
I agree, the community should combine again, but how? :(
I now think differently.

Posted: 07 Dec 2009, 23:50
Aeon
Well, let me point this out: Its easier for the people who hang out on the restricted forum with the paranoid moderator to come visit the open public forum than it is for the people who hang out at the open public forum to visit the people on the restricted forum with the paranoid moderator.

Posted: 18 Dec 2009, 01:00
miromiro
And because on Re-Volt The Wiki are 80% things about RRR, that's why the newbies always join RRR. Because as a newbie in a community you search first for the Wiki of it. We should add more things about the other part of the community.

Posted: 18 Dec 2009, 03:56
Adamodell
Holy crap miromiro. You made a logical point and about made me faint.
Don't do that again.
Haha.

Posted: 20 Dec 2009, 02:34
nero
Adamodell @ Dec 17 2009, 11:26 PM wrote: Holy crap miromiro. You made a logical point and about made me faint.
Don't do that again.
Haha.
Yeah let's make an in-detailed description of everything that is'nt RRR... lol
Oh yeah, btw...notice that there is nothing there related to the 512 pixel RV mod thingy? :lol:
RRR fails.